2 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:27 AM

http://story.news.ya...ocaine_dna_dc_4

Cocaine and ecstasy not only cause addiction and raise the risk of cancer but also provoke genetic mutations, Italian scientists said Friday.

"Cocaine and ecstasy have proved to be more dangerous than we had imagined," said Giorgio Bronzetti, chief scientist at the National Center for Research's (CNR) biotechnology department.

"These drugs, on top of their toxicological effects, attack DNA provoking mutations and altering the hereditary material. This is very worrying for the effects it could have on future generations," he said.

The use of ecstasy, a drug popular at all-night dance parties, increased by 70 percent between 1995 and 2000 according to a United Nations (news - web sites) report published in September.

:unsure:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Morrhigan

Morrhigan
  • Islander
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 10:27 AM

I wanna know what kind of mutations... I mean, is the Rave Generation breeding future X-Men? :lol:
Posted Image

#3 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 10:48 AM

Morrhigan, on Dec 6 2003, 10:27 AM, said:

I wanna know what kind of mutations... I mean, is the Rave Generation breeding future X-Men? :lol:
More alone the lines of this.  

http://www.amazon.co...449#reader-page

:barf:  :barf:  :barf:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Medicine, Microbiology, DNA, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users