#1 jon3831

jon3831

Iolanthe's evil conservative twin

• Islander
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 03:20 AM

Kidnapping in Candelaria

Mexican Troops Kidnap Texas Family?

Ever hear of a place called Candelaria, Texas? Few have, but it's the most recent battleground in the escalating border war between Mexico and the United States – the one officials on both sides of the Rio Grande try desperately to ignore, even as their own citizens become further entangled in a mess that gets worse by the month.

Now here's the kicker:

According to law-enforcement sources I spoke with, a squad of armed Mexican paramilitary police or soldiers crossed into the U.S. near Candelaria Nov. 24 around 5 p.m. and took a five-member family – a husband, a wife and three minor children – captive at gunpoint. The Mexicans then brought the American family back across the border into Mexico, where they held them for several hours.

Hokay. So let's make this perfectly clear.

Agents of the Mexican government crossed the border illegally, assaulted an American family, kidnapped them, and removed them across the border... All while in uniform and under arms.

If true... If this is true, this constitutes an act of war.

Now, I'm not entirely convinced this is true. I have no problem believing it, but I'd like more than one journalist to confirm it. Are any of the local Texas stations or newspapers talking about this?
"The issue is not war and peace, rather, how best to   preserve our freedom."
                    --General Russell E. Dougherty, USAF

WWCELeMD?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Texas, Kidnappings, Candelaria, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users