#21 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 06:46 AM

Javert Rovinski, on Feb 18 2003, 07:35 PM, said:

writergroupie, on Feb 18 2003, 08:27 PM, said:

P.S. Hey!  When did I become a demigod?  I mean, I know my mother thinks I'm a little princess, but really now! :D
Something we've been meaning to do for a while. Z reminded me tonight. You deserve it. :).
*Jill blushes purple to the tip of her tail*

Shucks.  I'm just a very lucky fangirl, that's all.  :D

*Jill looks up the member list and sees the company she's keeping in the demigod ranks and gulps*

Er, how about demi-demigod?  Or semi-demigod?  Or cute little harmless purple girl?  :D

Oh, don't want to hijack the thread, so, here's a quick fun Drom/Comic-Con story y'all may like that I don't think anyone will mind my telling...

I think this must have been at the 2000 Comic-Con as I think this happened when I was working on the show and had gotten all the writers their passes to the con.  The very large muscular genre actor Brian Thompson (X-Files, Kindred: The Embraced, Buffy) was sitting in the autograph area signing pics.  I've been a fan of his in all of the above listed shows and thought, wow, he'd make a great Nietzschean!  At the time, there was more concern about hiring Canadian talent as guest stars and I thought, well, if he's been on X-Files, maybe he's Canadian.  So I asked, "Are you by any chance Canadian?"  And he gave me a very strange look.  Well, okay, it's probably not a question you get asked everyday.  So he said, "What is this thing about Canada, everyone keeps asking me?"  Turns out, Ethlie (and possibly IIRC Zack/Ash) had also stopped by his table with the exact same idea!  :D  LOL  Great minds think alike, and all that!

Only at Comic-Con!  :D

So many cons, so little time...

Jill
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#22 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 06:50 AM

writergroupie, on Feb 18 2003, 08:48 PM, said:

*Jill blushes purple to the tip of her tail*

Shucks.  I'm just a very lucky fangirl, that's all.  :D

*Jill looks up the member list and sees the company she's keeping in the demigod ranks and gulps*

Er, how about demi-demigod?  Or semi-demigod?  Or cute little harmless purple girl?  :D
And awwww @ blushing to tail.  :thumbs:.

LOL. Sorry, you're a full-fledged demigod. ;).

And that's a GREAT story about comic-con :D.

:D
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#23 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 06:54 AM

Jill's green now!!  But....but.....I thought she was purple!  I heard she was purple........I wanna see her purple!! ;) :D :cool:  But she *does* have a tail...... :D

Yay!! Thanks for the cool story!  And, not even the good stuff is true about you?  But....but....it was such "good" stuff too!!  At least that's what Rov said.  ;)
:thumbs:

#24 bobdylanite

bobdylanite

Certifiably Bobsessed

• Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:59 AM

I still wanna see y'all dance! :D  :p  :lol:
The machine guns are roaring, The puppets heave rocks
The fiends nail time bombs to the hands of the clocks
Call me any name you like, I will never deny it
Farewell Angelina, The sky is erupting
I must go where it's quiet.
-Bob Dylan

#25 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:21 AM

Monique, on Feb 19 2003, 02:20 AM, said:

{{{{{{Gode}}}}}}  Yay!!  It'll be fun to meet you...crash away!  I'll add you to the list shortly......think about a name tag now. ;)  And just a thought...sharing a room make sit cheaper.  If you can room with someone, you could stay at the hotel.  Check the list above. :)
I don't think you understand just how deeply i'm going to be pulling to make this work, money wise. Right now, i am so far in the red i can hardly see daylight. even at half price for a double (at 50 bucks) it's still over twice as much as the hostel, so i just don't know at the moment.

name tag, name tag

good question

let me think

oh, and for recognition, let's make this easy, i'll be the redhead in tye dye :D

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#26 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:29 AM

Godeskian, on Feb 18 2003, 11:23 PM, said:

oh, and for recognition, let's make this easy, i'll be the redhead in tye dye :D
Don't say such things. You'll have Rov all over you! :p

Rommie  :ph34r: (Dagnabit, I liked the other blush smiley)
Posted Image

#27 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 07:54 AM

Godeskian, on Feb 18 2003, 11:23 PM, said:

I don't think you understand just how deeply i'm going to be pulling to make this work, money wise. Right now, i am so far in the red i can hardly see daylight. even at half price for a double (at 50 bucks) it's still over twice as much as the hostel, so i just don't know at the moment.

name tag, name tag

good question

let me think

Okay...fair enough then, I believe you!  Besides you'll probably not sleep much anyway ;) , so you may not even see the hostel. :lol:

And check on the red hair and tye dye shirt....I'll be wearing....um....erm....well, shoot, it's five months away...I have no clue what I'll be wearing!! ;)

But we'll figure out where to meet so we all find each other!!!

And, Rommie......just  :o  :oh:... hopefully another redhead or two will keep Rov occupied. ;)  

Edited by Monique, 20 February 2003 - 07:55 AM.

#28 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:38 PM

My posts from Rae's thread...this is too good not to have here...... ;)

by bob:  Aww, glad you guys were able to connect. :)  Rae, wish we were gonna see you at SD this year!!

Yay!!  Look, bob just committed herself to SD!  I need to paste this in the SD thread for proof! ;)

Raeven, on Feb 19 2003, 01:44 AM, said:

{{{{{bob}}}}}} If I can find a genie before July one of my wishes will be to go to SD?. I?d love to see all of you again ??.although I won?t miss Rov?s camera ;) ;) Any of you who are attending SD and are camera shy ...............Bwahahahahahahaha :D

Monique sighs at the mention of the camera...Rov's camera......Rae's right, no one is safe! ;) :D

And, Gode, a camcorder?? :o  Geez!  And noooooooooooo :o ;)

bobdylanite, on Feb 19 2003, 09:06 PM, said:

Monique, on Feb 19 2003, 02:15 PM, said:

Yay!!  Look, bob just committed herself to SD!  I need to paste this in the SD thread for proof! ;)
LOL!  Uh.... um.....  Well, i *intend* to go... I just gotta get the plane thing figured out before I say absolutly, definitely, without a doubt I'm going. :D  :p
Details, bob, details........ ;)

#29 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 10:02 PM

I'll probably be coming, provided I can find a roomie.  :p
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#30 gadfly

gadfly

Romantic Progressive

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 10:03 PM

How does one go about finding a roomie anyway?

#31 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 10:26 PM

Just as an FYI, yesterday I received my first flyer/program update from the con for this year.  Yep, it's countdown time all right!  :)

So many cons, so little time...

Jill
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#32 Appreciate

Appreciate
  • Islander
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 10:34 PM

gadfly, on Feb 20 2003, 06:05 PM, said:

How does one go about finding a roomie anyway?
Post in this thread, "Does anybody want a roomie"?

And FTR, Lil and Zephyr and I are driving down to SD.  We'll get in around 1 on Friday, leave on Monday AM I think (is that right guys?).

Lil & Zephyr are sharing a room, and I, like Rhys, have a one person room.

Can't wait--and it's such a big group now!!  Hooray!!! :D

Kathy
"Any dolt with half a brain/Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don't know if I'll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main..."
- Billy (aka Dr. Horrible) in My Eyes from the AWESOME Dr. Horrible's SingAlong Blog

#33 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 10:49 PM

Wheeee!  I just booked my flight (can you hear my wallet weeping? ;)) like, 15 minutes ago.

I'll be arriving in SD at about 9:30 am  (An early early day for me. :p) on the 18th (Friday) and leaving at 4:30pm on Monday.  Sadly, this  means I have to be at the Kansas City airport at 6am for my first flight.  :wacko:  :crazy:  :Oo: ;)  So you guys get to meet the silly, tired, and more than slightly wacky silverwind in SD! :look: ;)  

silverwind bounces out of the thread to go console her bank account. ;)
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#34 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 10:58 AM

I'm actually going to be in town a day or two early because if i'm flying 10,000 miles, then i'd like to enjoy San Diego if i can

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#35 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 06:18 PM

*ninja smoke* :ninja:

Hi!

Come to San Diego, get a free pet gerbil!

Thank you.

:alien:
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#36 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 06:19 PM

{{{{{{{Rhea}}}}}}}  Just wooooooot!!! That will be so fun to see you again!!  And you don't even have to make badges this time. ;)  

gadfly Don't worry.....we'll all figure something out!!

And Rhea and gadfly, I think silverwind is still looking for roomies......  :)  Just an idea.

sw, just ouch!  But I'll add you to the list of people who have their plans made.  And you too, Kathy!!

And silverwind, when you get in on Friday, the hotel won't be ready to check into, but they should have a place to hold your bags.  Plus Rov and I and hopefully Malinda should be there fairly early on Friday, too.  But Gode will be there by Friday as well.

Edited by Monique Peppermint, 22 February 2003 - 03:33 AM.

#37 JustMe

JustMe

What a spectacle.

• Islander
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 11:25 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Feb 21 2003, 07:20 AM, said:

*ninja smoke* :ninja:

Hi!

Come to San Diego, get a free pet gerbil!

Thank you.

:alien:
I plan on coming to San Diego but I really don't want a gerbil.  Do I have to take a gerbil?  I'm sure my cats wouldn't appreciate it but the gerbil would not be amused.  ;)  Since I would like to avoid hearing gerbily screams of death, I hope that I may decline.  ;)

#38 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 11:42 PM

I'll probably be arriving on the 15h and leaving on the 21st. so that i can finally see the imfamous san diego zoo

anyone else going to be there that early?

Defy Gravity!

#39 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 12:53 AM

I'll probably be arriving on the 15h and leaving on the 21st. so that i can finally see the imfamous san diego zoo

anyone else going to be there that early?

At least in my case, extremely unlikely. I'd probably show up on Friday and leave Sunday. The exact times I haven't decided yet. As early on Friday and as late on Sunday as possible, I'd imagine.
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#40 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 09:36 PM

Still not sure that I can go yet, but as ordered, some initial info on the area.

The hotel is situated at 719 Ash St.

This puts the nearest Jamba Juice about 9 blocks away, in a mall called "Horton Plaza"

The nearest Peet's coffee store is about 2 miles straight north of the  hotel.

There's a restaurant called "Spacebooth" about 0.1 miles south.

More to come, its lunch time here.
cervisiam tene rem specta

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users