• This topic is locked This topic is locked
471 replies to this topic

#461 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 04:59 AM

JustMe, on May 13 2003, 07:41 PM, said:

(((((((bob)))))))  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D !!
I heartily second that Yay and raise it one more Yay!! :D :D

#462 gadfly

gadfly

Romantic Progressive

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 05:23 AM

I suppose I must sound like a fruitcake but so be it.   :p   If anyone else is planning to come early and you'd like to join me on some of my tourist duties just let me know.  I'm happy alone or with company and I always enjoy meeting new people so I'm open to other suggestions as well.  

My main reason for going is to meet you all as I honestly have only a mild interest in the con itself.  Perhaps I'll be surprised but I planned to attend the con with Ex Islers only.

Are most people still planning to fly out on Monday?

#463 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:18 AM

^^^^^^ I think most everyone is, yeah!! :)

#464 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:25 AM

Yes I am flying out monday early but I will be in Wedsday and late morning or early afternoon. I will be gald to help out I also want to try and do a little bit of the early bird stuff.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#465 gadfly

gadfly

Romantic Progressive

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 02:28 PM

Are we planning to do anything as a group Sunday evening?

Flying out Monday would be an additional vacation day of 10 that I get per year and I tend to use them very carefully.  So, if we have plans to do something as a group, it would be worth my while to stay until Monday, otherwise I'll fly out Sunday afternoon.  The sooner I know the easier it will be to book an extra day at my hotel/make flight arrangements, etc ....

Thanks for the assistance!  :D

#466 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 04:48 PM

I was thinking say maybe a nice dinner at the hotels restruant set a head of time so they can prepare and we see what goes from that idea.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#467 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 04:55 PM

^ I was thinking it'd probably be nicer (and cheaper) to find a decent restaurant somewhere in the Downtown, or harbour area, and make reservations there.

There's some nice ones at the Seaport Village, I know - good looking steakhouse :D

Now, if I can just get my parents to treat me like I'm 21 instead of like I'm 12, I might still stand a chance of making it. :(

#468 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 05:16 PM

^^^

do I have to come over and steal your birth certificate?

-Dan

:ninja:
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#469 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:02 PM

^Send in the Space Ninjas! :ninja:
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#470 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:33 PM

gadfly, on May 14 2003, 05:15 AM, said:

Are we planning to do anything as a group Sunday evening?
I'm sure we can plan something! I'm staying because it gives another full day to play.  So, I hope you can stay! :)

It's kind of hard to plan something now, but a dinner sounds good.  I'm with Jid, tho, something inexpensive.....hotel restaurants might be a bit out of my budget.  But maybe not for everyone, I don't know.  I'd prefer something casual and "cheap."

And, just to warn everyone, not all of us may stay together the entire time.  It just happens with a big group.  People want to do different things at the same time.  But we can make a point to hopefully be all together for certain things. :)

#471 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:15 PM

I've never eaten in a hotel restaurant that had decent food, so consider me with the "find someplace nearby" crowd. ;)  But, I do think it would be fun to have one nice dress-up dinner where we can all go pretend to be grown-up, civilized people. :alien:  :wideeyed:
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#472 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:28 PM

New, pinned thread.

Check it out.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users