San Diego, Refioux

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
471 replies to this topic

#81 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 08:35 PM

I just want to say how much fun San Diego will be with everyone going.  Thank you all here for posting and keeping us updated with your plans and just talking.  I'm really enjoying this.  The weekend will be here before we know it and then over.......so, for me, it's really fun to have all this build-up and discussion leading up to the actual con.
Posted Image

Posted Image

And........4 months and 20 days!!!  or 20 weeks and 2 days!!!  or 142 days!!!!!! *or thereabouts ;) *  

Edited by Monique Peppermint, 25 February 2003 - 08:36 PM.

#82 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:13 AM

142 days till con, 138 till i get to San Diego

seems like a very long time when said like that

did you know i picked up a san diego t-shirt last time i was there?

was the only 'city' T i'd ever bought, and still is for that matter.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#83 Kelela

Kelela

treat your pets well

• Islander
  • 394 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 09:46 PM

That's it cak; chocolate, Venti Vanilla Breve Latte, pockets stuffed with yummies, Seeing San Diego again (lived there 8 years and loved it), and best of all the gathering together, and Finally meeting with everyone here! Okie Dokie I'm in.

eechick, There is a restaurant owned by a famous surfer. Serves a crispy coconut covered shrimp dish to die for.  It's near the coast between La Jolla and Misson Beach, IIRC. I know it's vague, but I'd love to go again.

:D Cheryl :blush:

Edited by cak, 26 February 2003 - 10:10 PM.

If there's one thing I've learned .... it's to always have your flexibility in top working condition ;) -- Nikki Peppermint

Things to say when someone says "God Bless You" ----
sarcastic: Are you in charge of God's blessings? 'Cuz, I could use a few more...
humorous: Thanks - I need all the blessings I can get...
flirtatious: "He already did when I saw you"
chatty: "Did you know where the tradition of saying "God bless you" came from?"----
Handmaiden07

#84 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 10:39 PM

looking...

OK, my best guess would be Moondoggies in Pacific Beach.  I found a link to local restaurants that have menus on the web.  I'll place the link at the bottom of my list.

Edited by eechick, 26 February 2003 - 11:06 PM.

#85 Andulasia

Andulasia

Purple Purse Snatcher

• Islander
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 11:11 PM

Ok . . . made my room reservation - that's half the battle! LOL! Really can't make flight reservations until it's closer, and I'm sure I can get the days off . . .

And Monique? Just an FYI - I clicked on Internet Rates on the web site, and found that the rate I got for having a AAA card was about $5 cheaper - just for those that have AAA it's a bit of a savings.  :D

Andi

#86 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 10:55 AM

out of curiosity, what's AAA?

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#87 gadfly

gadfly

Romantic Progressive

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 05:17 PM

It's an automobile association - American Automobile Association I believe.  Members get road-side assistance, trip planning assistance and discounts on travel related items.  I really need to join as it's really not that much a year and I travel a lot by car even it it's just within the state.

#88 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 05:46 PM

By Godeskian:  142 days till con, 138 till i get to San Diego

Yeah!! :lol: Fun, isn't it?? ;)

Andi, hey, $5 is a savings for some extra food anyway.  That sounds like a good deal.  I belong to the AAA.....hmmmmm.

cak, do you need help getting a room or a roommate?  And you know you can bring someone if you want......  The con itself is free, so no extra tickets to buy. ;) :D

#89 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 06:52 PM

Monique Peppermint, on Feb 27 2003, 06:48 AM, said:

By Godeskian:  142 days till con, 138 till i get to San Diego

Yeah!! :lol: Fun, isn't it?? ;)

Andi, hey, $5 is a savings for some extra food anyway.  That sounds like a good deal.  I belong to the AAA.....hmmmmm.

cak, do you need help getting a room or a roommate?  And you know you can bring someone if you want......  The con itself is free, so no extra tickets to buy. ;) :D
The con is free? Why doesn't anybody tell me these things (oh, wait, you just did! :p). Yippeee!  :lol:  :lol:

And I'd be happy to share a room, if anyone needs a roomie.

Edited by Rhea, 27 February 2003 - 06:53 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#90 Kelela

Kelela

treat your pets well

• Islander
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 08:04 PM

:D eechick----you're sooo cool. Thank you, your links are terrific. Moondoggies here I come.  

:blush: Monique Peppermint (I get such a kick out of your name, I just love the word peppermint) I've NEVER done anything like this Con before, so I'm just gonna trust you guys.  Yes, I'll be happy to be a roomie. I'll bunk up with the "girls".  IIRC, slumber parties are where 'the secrets of life' are revealed,
amid giggling and all manner of rucus-making. Sounds supercalafragilisticexpealadocious....(softly humming the rest).

Cheryl :rolleyes:
If there's one thing I've learned .... it's to always have your flexibility in top working condition ;) -- Nikki Peppermint

Things to say when someone says "God Bless You" ----
sarcastic: Are you in charge of God's blessings? 'Cuz, I could use a few more...
humorous: Thanks - I need all the blessings I can get...
flirtatious: "He already did when I saw you"
chatty: "Did you know where the tradition of saying "God bless you" came from?"----
Handmaiden07

#91 Appreciate

Appreciate
  • Islander
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 08:22 PM

Monique Peppermint, on Feb 27 2003, 01:48 PM, said:

The con itself is free, so no extra tickets to buy. ;) :D
The con is FREE???  Really???   :eek:

Cool!

Kathy :)
"Any dolt with half a brain/Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don't know if I'll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main..."
- Billy (aka Dr. Horrible) in My Eyes from the AWESOME Dr. Horrible's SingAlong Blog

#92 writergroupie

writergroupie

Mad for Moffat...

• Demigod
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 08:45 PM

Appreciate, on Feb 27 2003, 09:24 AM, said:

Monique Peppermint, on Feb 27 2003, 01:48 PM, said:

The con itself is free, so no extra tickets to buy. ;) :D
The con is FREE???  Really???   :eek:

Cool!

Kathy :)
Um, since when is the con free?  I thought it was $50 or so for the weekend unless you're a pro in the industry (then you have to apply to get in as a pro, but if you qualify, it's a free membership).

So many cons, so little time...

Jill
I write, therefore I am.

But... but... if it's not magic and sparkly how can I use it to reshape the universe?  Without the magic sparklies, it's like... just a metaphor.
-- Me (on bonsai)

#93 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:35 PM

It's free if you volunteer there for 3 hours. Each day you volunteer you get free entrance to the event. I emailed them to find out how much tix will be this year.  They may not have decided yet. For 2002 pre-registration prices for 4 days was $55.  At the door for 4 days $60.  Single day prices for adults was $20 thurs/fri/sat pre-reg.  ATD single day $25. The preregistration date is around the middle of June.

Volunteer application is available at  http://www.comic-con...micCon2003.html
If you do four or more assignments you get a free volunteer tshirt.  Deadline for mail in volunteer registration is 6/13.  It may also be fax'd in.  If they get the form back before 5/23, you get an invitation to the volunteer picnic (free food).

Edited by eechick, 27 February 2003 - 09:37 PM.

#94 Appreciate

Appreciate
  • Islander
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:39 PM

Wow!!

eechick you are a font of great detail!  With you and Jill around we don't need any further guidance!!!  (And Monique's updates and Jid's awesome mapping abilities, of course) :D

Kathy
"Any dolt with half a brain/Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don't know if I'll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main..."
- Billy (aka Dr. Horrible) in My Eyes from the AWESOME Dr. Horrible's SingAlong Blog

#95 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:43 PM

Thanks.

#96 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 05:42 AM

writergroupie, on Feb 27 2003, 09:47 AM, said:

Um, since when is the con free?  I thought it was $50 or so for the weekend unless you're a pro in the industry (then you have to apply to get in as a pro, but if you qualify, it's a free membership).

So many cons, so little time...

Jill
Holy crap!  Someone told me it was FREE.....OMG I AM SO SORRY EVERYONE  :pout:   :o !!  I guess it's NOT free..........geez, maybe I should just go back to bed or not try to plan things like this without checking the details. I'm really sorry everyone.  :(

Edited by Monique Peppermint, 28 February 2003 - 05:51 AM.

#97 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 08:12 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Monique}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Don't worry about it.

At the very least, it will provide incentive for us to actually spend more time at the con, instead of just doing random stuff.... ;)

Not that we won't do any random stuff, I'm just saying is all :)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#98 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 08:36 AM

*wince*

Yikes... well, this will give me incentive to NOT go to the con at least one of those days. :p
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#99 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 08:58 AM

^^^^^
                          ^^^^^
Thanks {{{{{Jid}}}} :)  You have a good point.  ;)  And yay random acts too!! :D

Edited by Monique Peppermint, 28 February 2003 - 09:00 AM.

#100 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:18 AM

hehe

i remember the first time i went, i'd never been to a con so had no idea how expensive it might or might not be

so i did my 3 hours of community service a day (mostly refilling water stations) and got to hang around some trulyu interesting panels while doing so

loitering it is so cool  :hehe:

Defy Gravity!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users