#1 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 11:48 PM

Don't misunderestimate George W. Bush

This needs no commentary...   A blatant attempt to Texasify the world....  :o

Edited by CJ AEGIS, 19 February 2003 - 07:11 AM.

"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#2 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 11:59 PM

Ack!  Bushisms!

Runs screaming

;) :D :p

Seriously, though... I find some of those rather amusing. :D
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#3 gadfly

gadfly

Romantic Progressive

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 01:03 AM

A blantant attempt to Texasify the world

Texasify???? Odd that.  Most of the people I know don't sound a bit like Bush.  And I've lived in Texas most of my life.  Go figure.  It must be that Ivy League education of his....   ;)

Now I have noticed a lot of people using "ya'll" and "fixin to" and ".... and I tell you what..." (very common Texian and southern speak) but I suspect Bush had little to do with it.  :p

#4 Gvambat

Gvambat
  • Islander
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 03:11 AM

About 1,330 google hits for misunderestimate.

:blink:  :blink:
Electrons behave like waves on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; like particles on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and like nothing at all on Sundays.

#5 Taryn Wander'r

Taryn Wander'r

scott pilgrim's precious little lover

• Islander
  • 605 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 03:17 AM

I'm not really surprised. I mean, he is the most powerful man on Earth right now- everybody knows everything he says publicly, and everyone remembers his slipups. Of course they're going to be repeated, usually as a joke, until they're part of the language. I can really only see 'misunderestimate' catching on, though. It's just so...redundant. English language is chock full of redundancies now.

Still funny as hell, though.  :lol:

#6 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 04:11 AM

Sorry CJ, native Texan that I am, I have never heard a one of those words.  I'm willing to bet that those are 'loaner' words he picked up in Washington. :p  :D
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#7 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 10:11 AM

Heavens help us all, Bushism entering the language and lasting for decades?  :blink:  :blink:

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#8 Ro-Astarte

Ro-Astarte

goddess of love and blowing things up

• Islander
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 06:26 AM

CJ AEGIS, on Feb 17 2003, 02:50 PM, said:

Don't misunderestimate George W. Bush

This needs no commentary...   A blantant attempt to Texasify the world....  :o
Could you define "blantant" ?  

Animal, vegetable, or mineral? ;)

Ro-Astarte

#9 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 06:27 AM

This is deeply scary.

It could be worse. The leader of the free world could have an outrageous French accent..... ;).
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#10 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:12 AM

Javert Rovinski, on Feb 19 2003, 03:29 AM, said:

It could be worse. The leader of the free world could have an outrageous French accent..... ;).
Or he could be French and sound British.... :p  :D
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#11 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,178 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:21 AM

I still can't believe the man said 'Strategery' proudly, during the debates he had with Al Gore........but I am glad that Saturday Night Live made fun of it! :D

Rommie :blush:
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bush, Bushisms

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users