• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 01:43 AM

^ROTFL! :D You are an evil, wicked man. I love it! :p
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#42 eryn

eryn

So, a baby seal walks into a club...

• Islander
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 07:24 AM

I read those poems during the summer at camp, one of the kids brought it in. I do of course feel bad for the boy, but still,  I was not overly impressed.

On the upside, we have a new game now though! Blame Oprah!! ;)

And a side note *Oh for heavens sake, I'm using Rov-isms now...*

This has absolutly nothing to do with the topic at all, and for that I apologize...

Reads the caption under Rov's name just to make sure she isn't seeing things :blink:

That is just *wrong* in *so* many ways.   :wacko: :p ;)

mystic

Edited by mystic, 25 February 2003 - 07:25 AM.

If you watch the news and don't like it, then this is your counter program to the news.
Jon Stewart

My Flickr

#43 Puppy

Puppy
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:22 PM

Godeskian, on Feb 19 2003, 02:28 AM, said:

anyone else bothered by the fact that his poetry doesn't appear to rhyme???
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

There's no rhyme, no sense of rythym,  nothing what soever that defines a poem.  As fas as I can tell, it's simply rambling.  And some folks are calling this child a "poet?"

:rolleyes:
"The answer is yes, ohhh yes."

"Take a good look..Earth has no borders, no little geography lines..It is One planet, right now it is All we have, grow up, stop fighting and lets do what needs to be done to become that one world...and take care of her right!"

Shalamar, Feb 2003

#44 Puppy

Puppy
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:27 PM

Brit, on Feb 23 2003, 08:28 PM, said:

I feel very sorry for this child and his mother, who also has this disease.  However, is anyone else disturbed by the fact that his three older siblings all died from this awful disability?  Why would someone continue to bring children into the world when death at an early age would appear to be inevitable.

Please do not pick up on me wrongly here, I am all for people's right to bear children, I just would not be able to allow myself to continue to have babies if I knew that there was the likeliehood of passing on such a disastrous genetic defect.
I get people ticked off at me everytime someone gets me on this subject.  There are number of diseases that could be wiped out if parents would only choose wisely.  They have a child with a genetic disease,  then turn right back around and have another.  Somewhere they've been told that there is only a 25% possiblity that the child will have the disease.  These parents forget that there is also a 50% chance that their child will carry the defective gene forward to another generation.

Like you, I believe that no should interfere with your right to bear children, but do you really want to carry this heartbreak forward to your grandchildren?

:eh:
"The answer is yes, ohhh yes."

"Take a good look..Earth has no borders, no little geography lines..It is One planet, right now it is All we have, grow up, stop fighting and lets do what needs to be done to become that one world...and take care of her right!"

Shalamar, Feb 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users