Surgeon: Raeven
Chief Gunner: Brynhilde

Mercinaries/Marines: Gode & Chaddee

Tenatives:

Bosun: Gina
SailMasters Mate: Tyrman
Surgeons Mate: LT
Gunners Mate: Szhismine

and every one just remember this is a world with a hint of majick, anchient curses and the like... :)

#42 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 02:58 PM

I'll think about it. :)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#43 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 03:19 PM

Ok, against my better judgement, but in keeping with my title at SSU of RP Addict, I will join as Surgeon's Mate.

Bio forthcoming.....

#44 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 03:20 PM

Shal said:
and every one just remember this is a world with a hint of majick, anchient curses and the like... ;)

My character is Ex-Royal Navy so doesn't believe in a lot of it ;) He believes in the power of a broadside and cannon.
Yea, ere my hot youth pass, I speak to my people and say:
Ye shall be foolish as I; ye shall scatter, not save;
Ye shall venture your all, lest ye lose what is more than all;
Ye shall call for a miracle, taking Christ at His word.
And for this I will answer, O people, answer here and hereafter,
The Fool - Padraic Pearse

#45 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 03:38 PM

Just wait till the monkey lands on Your shoulder....

#46 Brynhilde

Brynhilde

An ardent admirer

• Islander
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 03:44 PM

^ Is the monkey called Jack? :)
"Ah, get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance, learn to dance
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts
Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift..."

~ Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

#47 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 04:21 PM

"No, not you...We named the monkey Jack"
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#48 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 04:31 PM

tee hee

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#49 Brynhilde

Brynhilde

An ardent admirer

• Islander
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 04:40 PM

^^ I be taking tht as a yes, then :)
"Ah, get born, keep warm
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Don't steal, don't lift

#50 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 05:12 PM

I hope the heck that that monkey doesn't show up shipboard,...

#51 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 05:13 PM

^ Well, there goes *that* character idea!  :pout: ;)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#52 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 05:36 PM

This should do for a start:

Angeline- Just call her Angie

Height- 5'6

Weight- 130

Hair- Raven black, thick, wavy and down to her hips.

Eyes- Bright blue, piercing

Tattoos, scars- Scar on her abdomen, running diagonally from the right hip to just under the left ribcage

Proficient knife fighter after being attacked one night and nearly raped. She managed to kill her attacker but not before he had slashed her abdomen, resulting in the scar she now carries. She learned to fight with knives after that so she could defend herself better after that.

She is now Surgeon's mate on the Black Pearl, assisting Raeven.

#53 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 06:06 PM

Shalamar, on Jan 1 2004, 10:12 PM, said:

I hope the heck that that monkey doesn't show up shipboard,...
Hehehe...depends on my mood :D  You never know...he is still alive, and undead (after the credits)  He isn't the cute purple kind either.

Ilphi, I'd appreciate any help you would like to give.  Thank you :)

Yep, the ship is the Black Pearl, complete with new black sails and a holeless hull.  At least so far it is, tee-hee.  I can't believe how many posts snuck up on me while I was asleep.  You all really ARE pirates :D  I couldn't be happier with the way things are taking shape.  All of you who have posted so far are logged in and accounted for.  Welcome aboard.  I guess now is the time to start character profiles and such.  I'm not sure what Shalamar would recommend, but perhaps it might be easy to post the profiles on a new thread, or just keep them here.  Who ever has posted a profile already, it's okay too.  :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#54 Brynhilde

Brynhilde

An ardent admirer

• Islander
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 06:18 PM

Here's something of a brief profile for me:

Name: Aramis (no last name, that was lost to the sea a long time ago)
Height: 5' 11"
Build: Slender yet muscular.
Hair: Slightly curly, dark brown just past shoulder length, but frequently tied back with a black ribbon.
Tattoos/distinguishing marks: Has one long earing in left ear and a scar across his lower back, as well as a collection of scars and burns on both forearms.
Brief history: Started his career as a cabin boy on the HMS Windstalker before becoming a midshipman on the HMS Wayfarer and moving up through the ranks to first leiutenant. It was at this point that he organised a mutiny in the ship, taking command and sailing her across the Atlantic to Port Royal, where he went on the run. An expert in guns and weaponry, he joins the Black Pearl as the Gunnary Captain/Chief Gunner. Firm but fair, Aramis is a master at his craft.
"Ah, get born, keep warm
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Don't steal, don't lift

#55 Gina

Gina

Crazy Theory Bender

• Islander
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 07:13 PM

I hope this'll do for now.

Avatar: DancingDownMoon, Page 5, Row 6, Picture 1

Name: Burning Black Constance (Just call her Lizzie)

Marital Status: Single

Height: 5’4

Weight: 115lbs

Hair: Dark Red, straight as an arrow

Eyes: Burning Crimson (Thus the name)

Tattoos, scars: One ear piercing, a few small slashes on her back, and one particularly on her left wrist

Even at her young age she is one of the best shots out there. She also does very well at swords and whips, but tries to stay away from bombs and cannons. She was always fascinated with guns, even at an early age. She was kidnapped at the age of 14 by some pirates looking for a good time. Using her agility she got away and swore to take vengeance on them. To this day, she still looks for them. She got her name from the odd color of her eyes. Only she knows why they are they way they are. It’s her deepest secret, the one thing she only tells those she is closest to.

Not many people know of her night life. However, it's nothing to be kept secret. If ever someone saw her at night, they would have seen a small, slender shadow, crouched with her head turned up. Sooner or later they would hear the cry of a hawk that would be next to her one moment, and dissapear the next. None know of her secret friendship with the hawk, but to her, the hawk is a very reliable source. She keeps him away from her during the day time, but that may change very soon.

She is now the Bo’sun on the Black Pearl. Not many know why she got the job, but many are just too afraid to ask.

Edited by Gina49, 01 January 2004 - 11:05 PM.

#56 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 07:47 PM

UPDATED and sent to Rommie:  Pepper or Peppermint ;).  Yes, you see right!  But it's short for Pepper DeMint, but her real name is Angelica DeMint.......So, either Pepper or Peppermint will do ;) :D!!

Avatar: DancingDownMoon Page 9, Row 1, Picture 1....the one with the long, wavy dark hair

Pepper DeMint link

Name: Angelica (Pepper) DeMint aka Pepper DeMint or Peppermint

Ht. 5'8" Wt. 140

Hair: Long flowing, wavy chestnut brown hair

Scars/Birthmarks/Tattoos: Two inch scar on her right bicep from an attempted assault on her life.  An ex-boyfriend caught her stealing cases of rum from his trading post in the Caribbean, which she'd been doing over time and making a profit.  After he could not produce proof of this to have her arrested, he tried to have her assaulted.  She got away, but was fired from her job at the Carmichael Inn when she returned.

Body Build: Shapely and ample figure but firm, strong, and sexy looking!  Medium skin tone, tries to avoid the sun. One quirk is that she carries a parasol around to keep the sun off, but has a long knife inserted along the handle.

Profession: Currently the head cook on the pirate ship Black Pearl

Known Skills: Expert at cooking, bargaining with shopkeepers, making due with very little if necessary in the kitchen, knife throwing, swords, cutlass (carries several weapons on her person).  Is also well educated up to age 16, then self taught after that as she has many books and reads voraciously.

Relatives: Father and mother somewhere back in England.

Known History: Angelica was born in London, England to fairly well-off parents, and grew up educated and privileged...at least when she wasn't off getting into trouble. She was very defiant and headstrong and wouldn't submit to her father or other men.  She was very independent.  Her father called her Pepper since she was so hot-tempered and wild.  Drawn to adventure and the idea of traveling.

Refused to be courted or wooed, instead got into trouble along with the boys when she was young which horrified her parents, then she fell in with the wrong crowd of young people.  Sometimes she was in trouble with the authorities.  The group used to do petty theft but never could be traced to them although everyone knew, mostly kidnapping horses and letting them go elsewhere, breaking and entering homes to have fun, trespassing, small stuff such as that.

Pepper was finally given an ultimatum of becoming a lady or being disinherited.  Much to her parents' surprise, she packed up her belongings at 16 and took off with her current, older boyfriend.   He taught her to fight with a sword, cutlass, knives, and guns, and he got Pepper into more trouble.

She went by the name of Pepper DeMint, but it got shortened to Peppermint sometimes.

The boyfriend left Pepper stranded in the Caribbean at 19, and she hooked up with a gay man as a companion/friend.  Pepper killed her first person when he tried to ambush them and hurt her friend

The dark-haired beauty spent several years (19-23) working at the high class Carmichael Inn doing the cooking and cleaning to make some money, learned to cook very well with plain food and fancy food.   She learned about spices and exotic foods as well as regular cooking. For while Pepper stayed out of trouble, but then she started to steal cases of rum from a trader she was ‘dating" and selling it for a profit. When he found out, he tried to have her arrested but there was no proof.  Then one night he tried to have her beaten up, for which she now has a slight scar on her arm from a knife wound.  She killed another man in order to escape, and severely wounded the other.

Pepper reached the Carmichael Inn, she was fired from her job.  But later she snuck back in at night and stole many kitchen items that didn't belong to her. So, she has some nice items and spices for the kitchen on the Black Pearl, where she found refuge and work at age 23.

Pepper DeMint has an attitude and doesn't take crap from anyone, but she is also very loyal and kind to her friends.  She has a strange sense of humor and is fascinated by things that are "gross."
Sometimes she watches the doctor just for fun.  Pepper can be as sweet as honey or as mad a knocked-over bee hive.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 02 January 2004 - 12:29 PM.

#57 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 07:50 PM

Nikki Peppermint, on Jan 1 2004, 05:47 PM, said:

You're going to cook heads?

Arrrrrrrr, sounds piratey!
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#58 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 07:52 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Jan 1 2004, 04:50 PM, said:

Nikki Peppermint, on Jan 1 2004, 05:47 PM, said:

You're going to cook heads?

Arrrrrrrr, sounds piratey!
Giggles pirate-like and chases Rov with her largest cleaver ;). ROFL  :lol:

#59 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 07:57 PM

Nikki Peppermint, on Jan 1 2004, 05:52 PM, said:

Giggles pirate-like and chases Rov with her largest cleaver ;). ROFL  :lol:
Chasing me with large cleavage?

Arrrrrrr, sounds piratey. And fun!
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#60 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 07:59 PM

^^^^^^^Falls out of her chair laughing hysterically!! :lol:

Oh, I soooo did not see that one coming ;).  You're good ;)  :devil:!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users