540 replies to this topic

#81 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:47 PM

First of all, a sentient parrot?  :blink:

Continuing on...My profile!  I'm not 100% certain this is absolutely finalized, but here goes.  (Weird note:  I had originally planned on something quite different, but then I found the avatar and *poof!* a new character was created!  :wacko:  And, as usual, she has a ridiculously complex full backstory, and I had to research stuff for her profile and...sheesh, I never do it the easy way! :blush:)

Name: Buwaya (nickname, not known by any other names)

Race: Filipina (but speaks English)

Ht: 5' 7"            Wt: 136 lbs.    Marital Status: single

Hair: Nearly black, appears dark brown in sunlight, shoulder-length.

Scars/ Birth Marks/ Tatoos: bad scarring on her right leg from a freshwater crocodile attack when she was young.  No visible tattoos.  Has a 'P' branded onto her right forearm.

Body Build: lean, but well-muscled.

Profession: Quartermaster

Known Skills: skilled in keeping books, reading, writing, doing math, bartering and procuring supplies.  Also, good with a cutlass and throwing knives.  

Relatives: No close relatives due to disease introduced by Spaniards, and raids by the Moro pirates on her home.

Semi-brief (;)) Known History:  Grew up near Jambangan, on Mindanao in the Philippines.  When she was young (about 12), she was attacked by a freshwater crocodile while bathing, leaving her right leg scarred.  She survived and grew to adulthood.  Disease introduced by the Spaniards killed all of her grandparents and her mother, leaving her to essentially assume the role of head woman in their family.  Her father and brothers were all later killed or presumed dead during an attack by the infamous Moro Pirates, and Buwaya was captured, at age 18.

Not much is known about how she escaped, how she became a pirate herself, or how she found her way to the Caribbean.  She has clearly had a run-in with the Dutch East India company, as she bears their brand.  She has been in the Caribbean for about 5 years, crewing on whatever ship will have her.

As for her avatar, I'll have to email it to Shal or something.  I'd forgotten RP doesn't have an attach file option! :blush: :p  Its a cropped version of this:  http://www.donatoart.com/cartog.html
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#82 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

Name: Morgan   (Nickname, but not to his face: Snake )

Ht: 6' 3"

Wt: 200 # solid muscle but very atheletic, agile

Eyes: Deep Blue     Hair: Black, thick and worn very long.

Background: Obviously Navy at some time or other, doesn't speak of it but is highly educated and intellegent.  Speaks and reads at least a bit of several languages besides English, and curses fluently in quite a few.  Has been around the world and knows much odd trivia.

Doesn't speak much...beneath the broad tattoo that encircles his neck is a scar that shows full well that some one once tried to slit his throat, and failed to finish the job.

He has three Boas, one of which is always riding on his shoulder.  The snakes are ill tempered, and don't like any one but him. He takes very good care of them, and they are usefull in hunting down rats and mice.  He insists that they have the run of the ship, and no one is likely to naysay him.

He is Very good with swords, throwing knives and pistols.  Isn't all that bad with a bull whip. He can be very patient teaching others what he knows but is very short with 'lubbers'.

Normal wear is snug fitting black cotton pants tucked into knee boots and a black leather vest.

#83 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:08 PM

That's Jack's First Mate?  With someone like him, who needs a crew? Meep.  Looks like the parrot better keep a lookout for them snakes.  :p

Anyone know how tall Jack Sparrow is supposed to be?  I know he isn't all that tall compared to most others as seen in the movie.  I am guessing 5'8"-5'10"?

There is still one position left open.  XT seemed interested in playing when I last spoke to him.  If anyone can reach him, tell him there is still room, but it looks like I've got almost all I need.  What do you thing Shal?
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#84 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:10 PM

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest.  Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum.  Drink and the devil had done for the rest. Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum.
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#85 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:17 PM

A Karas, on Jan 1 2004, 10:08 PM, said:

Anyone know how tall Jack Sparrow is supposed to be?  I know he isn't all that tall compared to most others as seen in the movie.  I am guessing 5'8"-5'10"?
After googling, this website (http://www.johnnydep...description.htm ) says 5'10"
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#86 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:25 AM

Okay, I have my character idea, but full bio to follow.

Basically, he's a mute jack of all trades, at least on the ship.  He's probably pretty handy in a Smithy if there's a stop on land.

So, he can't speak, but can hear, gesture, probably write as well.

Oh, and prefers throwing knives to most other weapons.
cervisiam tene rem specta

#87 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:33 AM

Oh Good, someone to keep all the sharp pointy things sharp and pointy!! :D  :D
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#88 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:37 AM

The recruiting is now OVER.  Any persons who wish to join may be able to at a later date/

Those who are already enlisted, you may still pst your character profiles in here, but no one new should be posting.  If possible, email your profiles to me instead.  

To those not already signed up, this thread is CLOSED.  Thanks you.  :)
Posted Image

#89 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:39 AM

Shalamar, on Jan 2 2004, 05:33 AM, said:

Oh Good, someone to keep all the sharp pointy things sharp and pointy!! :D  :D
I like sharp and pointy things :D
Posted Image

#90 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:46 AM

I'd like to request to those of you putting together your bios for submittal to DDM, to please follow our format of Profiles, as it makes things much easier on me, when transferring the information to the pages.

If you are unfamiliar with our format, please visit our site.

http://www.dancingdownmoon.com

Thank You.

Rommie :cylon:
Posted Image

#91 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:50 AM

Also, I will set the gaming thread up soon.  I am tired today necause I partied to hard last night.  That's my excuse.  At least this gives everyone time to polish and submit their profiles and me time to review them and see what I have and what I can do with them.  In due time, friends.  In due time :)
Posted Image

#92 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:22 AM

Okay, my profile is done and edited above  .  I've sent it to Rommie for whenever the new page is up.  But I am pretty much up to date on my profile, A Karas and Shal.  I hope it's good! :D

*Must remember Co-GM!!!  :blush:*

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 02 January 2004 - 02:04 AM.

#93 Gina

Gina

Crazy Theory Bender

• Islander
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:33 AM

Yeah, mine's pretty much done, too. I'm still doing a few edits, but it's getting there. :) I'll send it to Rommie here in a little while.
Shiney Happy Pod Person #90

Lets see if I can get this....

Harperchondriac, Bekaneer, Argosy, No. 2 Assassin, Lost faction person, and Trancer, I do beleive

#94 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:58 AM

Just to let every one know, I am taking DDM to a new server (cheaper, more band width, bigger memory, MYSQL, and a host of other goodies )

So the page at DDM won't be going up untill that move is done, about a week I should think.

#95 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:05 AM

^^^^^Okay, Shal! Sounds exciting, too!! A new server and more goodies. :D

#96 Gina

Gina

Crazy Theory Bender

• Islander
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:25 AM

Yay! More bandwith is always good. :)
Shiney Happy Pod Person #90

Lets see if I can get this....

Harperchondriac, Bekaneer, Argosy, No. 2 Assassin, Lost faction person, and Trancer, I do beleive

#97 Brynhilde

Brynhilde

An ardent admirer

• Islander
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:21 AM

I'll fix my profile since it was done late at night, oops, hehe ;) and make it nice and DDM-worthy :)
"Ah, get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance, learn to dance
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts
Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift..."

~ Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

#98 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,345 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 09:04 AM

Avatar: DancingDownMoon Page 3, Row 4, Picture 1

Name: Black Raeven Bonny

Ht. 5'7" Wt. 140

Hair: Shoulder length blue/black hair

Scars/Birthmarks/Tattoos: Sun tattoo on her left shoulder, black rose on her right hip.

One scar on the right side of her face (running from temple to jaw) She rejected the advances of her previous Captain, he cut her face to make her unattractive to anyone else, fortunately for her, being a surgeon she managed to stitch the wound neatly and the scar is fine and straight and barely noticeable.

Body Build: Womanly, but toned. She has tanned, fairly leathery skin from working outdoors all her life.

Profession: Surgeon on the pirate ship Black Pearl

Known Skills: First class surgeon...so it goes without saying that she is deadly with all forms of sharp, pointy weapons! She can speak several languages, having travelled the seven seas from an early age.

Relatives: Father and mother - deceased, killed by pirates when she was a baby, she had no memories of them or any other surviving siblings.

Known History: She was raised by the pirates who killed her parents....she spent all her time with the ships surgeon and his wife, until they were forced to walk the plank for excessive 'drinking', the surgeons curse!

At the tender age of 18 she was 'promoted' to the rank of Surgeons mate, she studied hard and when she had learnt all she could she arranged a tragic accident for the then surgeon and took his place. She has worked for various Captains, eachone worse than the last...her utlimate aim is to have her own vessel - until then she bides her time attending to the wounded of the black Pearl and performing suitably gross operations to keep the ships cook entertained.

#99 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 09:48 AM

Edit: Found a pic for her:

Posted Image

DDM/F avatars/page 4/row 3/pic1

I'll have a little more on my character's bio when I think of it and send it to Rommie. I still need to go look at the avatars and pick one out

Edited by LTA, 02 January 2004 - 11:22 AM.

#100 Tyrman

Tyrman

Only in America...

• Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:19 PM

Name: Dartanis "Mariner" Kolen

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 212 lbs (muscle)

Hair: shoulder length, jet black

Scars/Marks: none visible

Position: Sailmaster's Mate aboard the Black Pearl

Skills/Ablities: precise shot up to 250 ft. with decent weapon. Master swordsman with his mercurial longsword. Able to make ready sails of a decent sized ship in under 3 minutes with minimal help.

Misc: Has his own ship, the Oddessy (Basically like the ship in Waterworld), which will not hamper a larger ship if attached to one.

Known History: was once the first mate on a ship, but left because the crew began to value killing more than they did adventure. Little esle is known.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users