6 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 08:55 PM

http://story.news.ya...t/foiled_room_4

What kind of friends coat your apartment — and nearly everything in it — with tinfoil while you're away? Here's a hint: One of the only objects that escaped the shiny treatment was a book titled "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends."

Chris Kirk found his downtown Olympia apartment encased in aluminum foil when he returned home Monday night from a trip to Los Angeles.

The walls, ceiling, cabinets and everything in between shimmered, after the prank orchestrated by Kirk's longtime friend, Luke Trerice, 26, who was staying in the apartment while Kirk was away.

"He's known for large-scale strangeness," Kirk, 33, told The Olympian. "He warned me that he would be able to touch my stuff, but it didn't sound so bad."

Trerice, who lives in Las Vegas, and a small group of friends draped the apartment with about 4,000 square feet of aluminum foil, which cost about $100.

Not surprisingly, the idea was hatched on New Year's Eve.

"It was just a spur of the moment thing," Trerice said. "I really don't even consider it art. I consider it a psychology project. ... He seems to be upbeat, so I consider this a success. "

No detail was too small or too time-consuming. The toilet paper was unrolled, wrapped in foil, then rolled back up again. The friends covered Kirk's book and compact disc collections but made sure each CD case could open and shut normally. They even used foil on each coin in Kirk's spare change.

And to sweeten the theme, they left silver Hershey's kisses sprinkled throughout the apartment.

"The toilet was hard. The molding around the doorways took a very long time," Trerice said.

Aside from "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends," which doesn't include this particular trick, only a portrait of his girlfriend, the bed and a bath mat were left unfoiled.

"He took special pains not to move anything," Kirk said.

A foil-encased picture hanging outside his apartment was Kirk's first clue that something inside was amiss.

Maybe they should have done it for Christmas, that way he'd have some unwrapping to do.  :lol:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:10 PM

Me thinks Trerice and friends have WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much time on their hands. :D

#3 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:12 PM

Nobody got married, so it's a good prank.

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#4 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:20 PM

^LMAO @ Hawk's comment.

#5 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:23 PM

the'Hawk, on Jan 8 2004, 11:12 PM, said:

Nobody got married, so it's a good prank.

No, but it sounds like he met his foil. :D

Edited by DWF, 08 January 2004 - 11:23 PM.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#6 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:29 PM

^ Two foil puns in one thread. Are you on commission or something, D? :lol:

“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#7 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:52 AM

nd of course the next time it happens...

"Curses, foiled again" :p  :p
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mental Health, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users