• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Enmar

Enmar

a Sabra

• Islander
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:21 PM

I've been trying to find some information about the project that is now being adapted to Israel, but I have two problems with finding useful information on the net by myself:
1. There appears to be many projects done in Wisconsin :wacko:
2. I don't know the websites well enough. I can guess that most sources have an opinion about it and at least some of them give less than balanced information, but I don't know which. :blush:

So... I decided to ask real people :)

Can I please get a simple explanation about it? All I know is that this is a project that fights unemployment by demanding people to do things if they want social security money. How is it done? Does it work?

Help would be much appreciated,

Enmar
Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.

#2 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 09:29 AM

Enmar, on Jan 18 2004, 12:21 PM, said:

Can I please get a simple explanation about it? All I know is that this is a project that fights unemployment by demanding people to do things if they want social security money. How is it done? Does it work?
Did someone say "Wisconsin"? :cool:

Okay, I know what you're talking about. The program is called "Wisconsin Works" (Or W-2). It was spearheaded by Tommy Thompson when he was governor. Here is a page all about it:

http://www.dwd.state.../w2/default.htm

I should add that I keep hearing that the program is quite well received, particularly by the welfare recipients themselves.

Edited by Drew, 19 January 2004 - 10:16 AM.

"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wisconsin, Wisconsin Project, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users