5 replies to this topic

#1 Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster

There's no Shepard without Vakarian

• Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 08:05 PM

http://brain-termina...t.html#download

This little gem was pointed out to me on IRC. Basically, some bloke went to on of the recent anti-war protests and started asking serious questions about the issue. Basically, if war isn't the answer, then what should be done. Some of the answers were great.

Hope you find this as amusing as I did. :D

(BTW, this is a 19 meg file, so I hope your broadband is warmed up...)

Edited by Talkie Toaster, 21 February 2003 - 08:09 PM.

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

#2 gadfly

gadfly

Romantic Progressive

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 09:44 PM

This is interesting TT!  I am wondering who this Evan Coyne Maloney is.  Thanks for posting the link.

#3 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 10:16 PM

Ha! Bravo to Evan Coyne Maloney for doing a better job covering these protests than any of the networks.   :lol:  :lol:
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#4 Anna

Anna

Island Native

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 10:27 PM

Quicktime is being cranky, but I think I saw this on Brit Hume's show on Fox News a couple days ago. (They said they had permission to use it and gave the website.) If it's the same, I particularly liked the young lady who couldn't complete a sentence... Great spokesperson for the cause!  :sarcasm:

Anna
Seldom do we regret words we do not speak.

--------------

Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

#5 Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster

There's no Shepard without Vakarian

• Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 11:29 PM

I haven't heard of Evan Maloney before this- though I'll certainly be on the lookout now.  :)
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

#6 StarDust

StarDust
  • Islander
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:59 PM

What a riot!! :D

Although not unexpected. Same old rhetoric with no real facts or information to back it up. I particularily liked how no one could explain why we didn't keep the oil fields after the first war, if that's all we care about and what we're going to do now.

And the person who said they didn't know the answer, that was for the government to figure out. Well, I thought the government had figured it out!

Most of what they say never made any sense. Totally illogical based on history or any kind of information available.

Basically, peer pressure and a dislike of Bush. And those aren't very good reasons. I dislike Bush, but that has nothing to do with the situation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iraq War, Protesting Protesters, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users