Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Something really scary about Wesley Clark...

Election 2004 Wesley Clark 2004

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 02:17 PM

^ Woe is me that I can say with some certainty that, yes, the refrain goes:

"Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl that thinks that I am the one
But the kid is not my son"

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#42 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 02:20 PM

Norville, on Jan 23 2004, 01:56 PM, said:

I think it's because Foreigner had an unpleasant tendency to scream high notes.
I place the blame squarely on Lou Graham for beginning the turning of popular rock music away from being about the music and simply being about some guy yelling with a guitar backing him.

Foreigner set the stage for everything in music that's followed. Kurt Cobain, Billy Corgan, Britney Spears--- that I know these names is all because of Foreigner.

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#43 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 02:42 PM

Norville, on Jan 22 2004, 08:12 PM, said:

Ohh... it's odd; I knew so many people back in high school who were RenFaire regulars, but I never went to it, myself. (It was a bit too rowdy for my taste, and my parents were definitely never going to let me do it.) And then, some years ago, they turned the Black Point forest into a freaking golf course. I knew a lot of pagans, too, and grumbled that I certainly wished that some witches would gather together and hex the developers who destroyed a good forest for the sake of a *golf course*... :glare:
My parents wouldn't let me go either, I had to run away from home and move up north.  My mother still hasn't forgiven me for doing it.

I tried to help save the southern Faire site in Augora, it was an ancient Chumash burial site, so I was working with the tribe to try and stop that from becoming a mall.  It didn't work down there and there was no way to save the site up here.  Greed is no match for ancient sacred lands and no amount of curses would stop it either as it tends to feed on that kind of energy.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2004, Wesley Clark, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users