Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Janet and Justin

Media Super Bowl Janet Jackson Justin Timberlake Nudity

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:34 PM

Oh - I agree - the whole thing was in bad taste. But I read (and I read fast, so maybe I MISread) that this was to be an exposure of a red lacy thing - in which case the uglipastie would have both accentuated and hid that part of her breast - lace is see-through, and easily tears.  

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#102 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:13 AM

This all doesn't add up.  MTV or some other web site has Janet advertised as "getting nasty" and supposedly there was a red lace bra or something that ripped off accidently.  

First of all reveling a costume that looks like it came from Victoria's Secret is not nasty by any stretch.

Second, how come there is no trace of red, either a ripped piece of lace or thread in the pictures that we get such an up close and personal shot of?  And why would she wear lace with that spikey piece of jewelry?  Lace would get caught in it and it would be very painful!  Even taking the lace garment off would be tricky so it wouldn't catch.  It would be insane to have a lace garment on if Justin was going to rip off the layer above as it could catch and rip that piece of jewelry right though her nipple.  (No I am not someone with too much time on their hands to sit and think of all of this, I have performed as a bellydancer, costume bras are something I know a lot about, as well as jewelry that is worn on stage and the many dangers of catching hair, other pieces of costume, etc. in it)

No, I believe he ripped off a smooth leather piece of costume that would not catch in that jewelry.  What they did certainly qualifies as nasty.  They are making up stories because the reaction they got was probably much more than they expected.  Or they are pretending to be upset so they can just say "oopsy, didn't mean for THAT to happen!"  *wink*

It barely matters except it is one more lie from a member of  the Jackson clan.  I believe that they are in such illusion that they don't even know what is real any more.

Edited by GiGi, 05 February 2004 - 12:14 AM.

"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#103 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 01:48 AM

Una Salus Lillius, on Feb 4 2004, 09:40 PM, said:

Now I'm started to feel weirded out.

Again:  What Delvo said.

:eek:

;)
It's that cute little animal picture that did this to you. You need your mean glaring big-gun-toting logo back.

Edited by Delvo, 05 February 2004 - 01:49 AM.

#104 TravelerOfTheWays

TravelerOfTheWays

Botherbotherbother

• Islander
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 06:33 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but the most horrifying result of this wardrobe malfunction business for me personally is the persistant repitition of Justin Timberlake's songs in my head!!  :crazy:  Whenever I see his name here or elsewhere, his whiny voice winds up and belts out some horrendous pop song.  I didn't see the infamous display, yet I feel I have been as tramautized by this incident as anyone  :D  :wacko:
"The corollary, of course, is that a Western man who treats women like they're, you know, people has an absurdly easy time of things. It's like a sexy lady liquidation event. NO REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE REFUSED."

~Rov

#105 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 06:44 PM

Delvo, on Feb 4 2004, 10:46 PM, said:

Una Salus Lillius, on Feb 4 2004, 09:40 PM, said:

Now I'm started to feel weirded out.

Again:  What Delvo said.

:eek:

;)
It's that cute little animal picture that did this to you. You need your mean glaring big-gun-toting logo back.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!  Don't tempt me... :devil:
Posted Image

#106 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 07:55 PM

Now personally i would hate for justin to be invited and janet excluded from the grammys. He was equally part of the act and deserves to be bounced.

#107 StarDust

StarDust
  • Islander
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:41 AM

GiGi, on Feb 5 2004, 01:11 AM, said:

Second, how come there is no trace of red, either a ripped piece of lace or thread in the pictures that we get such an up close and personal shot of?  And why would she wear lace with that spikey piece of jewelry?

No, I believe he ripped off a smooth leather piece of costume that would not catch in that jewelry.  What they did certainly qualifies as nasty.  They are making up stories because the reaction they got was probably much more than they expected.  Or they are pretending to be upset so they can just say "oopsy, didn't mean for THAT to happen!"  *wink*
I had this whole conversation with a woman I work with the day after. She gets very upset on the topic I think because she likes Janet and doesn't want anyone to say anything. She kept coming up with excuses.  She was trying to say it was all a big innocent mistake.

If you look at the item in Justin's hand, there is no 'red lace or something else' on the inside of the cup. If it was a 'malfunction' and the red bra material had also ripped off it would be in his hand. All the red that was there was the little sliver of red that was visible along the top of the cup when she was wearing it.  There was no other material there that accidently came off. What happened is what she intended. And material really doesn't rip that easily.

Now, Justin's claiming he was told there would be a red bra and they handn't practiced. It was a last minute decision by Janet and her choreographer. Whether that's true or not, his culpability is in question. But her intention is quite clear.

But at least this clearly seems to be the last straw for a lot of people. I think that's good. I know that entertainment has been sliding into the gutter and plenty of people have been unhappy about it.  Maybe they should consider things like this when they wonder why the total ratings have dropped so badly.  Besides crappy shows and movies, maybe aiming for the lowest common denominator and shock factor is a big part of what's turning people off. So you end up those trying to get a sleazy thrill while you loose everyone else.

It barely matters except it is one more lie from a member of  the Jackson clan.  I believe that they are in such illusion that they don't even know what is real any more.
Totally agreed. I'd thought it was just Michael (and the other sister), but it looks more and more like the whole family is nuts.

#108 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 03:25 PM

StarDust, on Feb 6 2004, 09:39 AM, said:

If you look at the item in Justin's hand, there is no 'red lace or something else' on the inside of the cup. If it was a 'malfunction' and the red bra material had also ripped off it would be in his hand. All the red that was there was the little sliver of red that was visible along the top of the cup when she was wearing it.  There was no other material there that accidently came off. What happened is what she intended. And material really doesn't rip that easily.
Especially real and/or fake leather - you can't rip that stuff (and it's very hard to sew with in the first place!).   :rolleyes:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#109 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:04 PM

Of course, reaction among the military has been much more disciplined.  They've all been trained that when you see a boob with a star on it, you stand at attention and salute.

:lol:

Rhys
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#110 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 03:34 PM

ROTFL! ^^ Rhys, glad I'd just swallowed that sip of water or you'd owe me a new keyboard.  Warn a person will ya?
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Media, Super Bowl, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Nudity

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users