Starfest 2004

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:30 AM

For those who are interested in this years guest list for Starfest 2004, the first guest has been posted at Starland.

An the first guest confirmed is :drumroll:

Lani Tupi from "Farscape"  :cool:.

The website says they have invited guests from "Enterprise," "Stargate," "Andromeda," "Buckaroo Banzai," and "Star Wars," and that they'll be announcing more guests soon. So I'll try and update this post as that happens, though if anyone else wants to help out please do so :).

Meg

PS: Not sure I'm going to be attending this or not yet but I know we've had other board members who've attended the con in the past and someone might be interested in going again this year.

#2 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:19 AM

Ok, second guest announced is Dominic Keating from "Enterprise."

I saw him in Tulsa and he's a real charmer :cool:

Meg

#3 Lord Martock

Lord Martock
  • Islander
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 11:27 AM

Meg, you beat me too it.  I didn't see your post and posted the same in GMD.
May the Schwartz be with you.
Remember, No matter where you go....There you are.
It's a trick.....Get the Axe!

Posted Image

#4 AKAJipster

AKAJipster

GMWmb Admin

• Islander
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 11:41 AM

I shared a flight back to England with Dominic Keating once, he was so sweet, very approachable and accomodating, at arrivals after the flight he kept saying goodbye at every stop, passport control, baggage collection, taxi rank!!  Certainly a charmer, I agree :D
Posted Image
Facebook | Woolvett bros

#5 JadziaDax

JadziaDax

E.I.'s resident insomniac

• Islander
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:49 PM

*sniff* Star Fest is during my finals week! (which oddly enough run friday-wednesday). I want to go so much! I would go anyways...but some stupid person stuck my dance final on that saturday!!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

#6 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 01:40 PM

I've seen both of these guys, Dominic twice in Tulsa and Lani once in Phoenix.

They're both worth seeing. Dominic is charming and can be  very, very funny on stage.
Lani is quieter than Dominic and has an intensity about him but a soft, gentle voice and speaks thoughtfully most of the time.

Twice now, I've seen Dominic and haven't been able to get decent pics of him! maybe next time ...
Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

#7 Nialla

Nialla
  • Islander
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:50 PM

On the unofficial front, Michael Shanks from Stargate said in a recent chat that he would be at a con in Denver in April, so he should be there.
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffled their pockets for new vocabulary."
~ James D. Nicoll

#8 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 05:26 AM

Lord Martock, on Feb 5 2004, 10:25 AM, said:

Meg, you beat me too it.  I didn't see your post and posted the same in GMD.
Oh that's OK - I didn't know where to post this myself but since we've posted convention related material at the Beach before, I thought that was where it needed to go :).

Anyway, maybe we can find a use for your thread later. Personally, I think there are people in the Beach that never go to GMD and vice versa and I wonder if they miss out on the convention news by it being posted in the Beach only :oh:.

Meg

#9 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 07:21 PM

No new guests but they've added a special presentation for the movie I-Robot on Saturday (might be some interest in that :) ).

Meg

#10 Lord Martock

Lord Martock
  • Islander
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:03 AM

Alien vs Predator
In the near future, a billionaire industrialist leads an archaeological expedition to Antarctica. Using thermal imaging satellites, he discovers an ancient pyramid that predates the Egyptian and Aztec cultures buried under the ice. Once inside, his team finds human remains with holes in their rib cages and what Alien fans know as face huggers. Then if things weren't bad enough, a group of young Predators arrive to prove their manhood by hunting the aliens.

Twentieth Century Fox will make a special presentation at Starfest 2004 on the forthcoming film Alien vs Predator. Footage and personnel from the movie will be on hand to answer your questions about this exciting film and what you can expect to see this summer. For more Starfest 2004 info, click here.

Saw this today....nice.

Posted Image

#11 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:15 AM

The Feb 23 update announces that actor Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) has been added to the Starfest lineup.

Also, Dreamworks will have a booth at the con to promote Shrek 2, Shark Tale, Father of the Pride, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, and Millennium Actress. According to the website "Visitors will have the opportunity to view footage and conceptual behind-the-scenes art from the following films."

For more info, follow the link at the top of the thread :).

Meg

#12 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 06:35 PM

Michael Shanks has now been confirmed  :cool:.

Meg

#13 Lord Martock

Lord Martock
  • Islander
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:38 AM

C'mon April.....

Is it April 16th yet??? :whistle:  :whistle:  :D

Posted Image

#14 Airhead

Airhead
  • Islander
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:26 PM

Just confirmed... Lexa Doig!! :)

FYI MegL: I only found this thread because you mentioned it in the thread in General the other day.

Edited by Arria, 27 February 2004 - 04:28 PM.

#15 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:06 AM

Cool Arria - I'll go over and check it out (just got online).

Ah, we should also mention that they've added Walt Faulkner, current Director of Space Exploration Business Development at Lockheed Martin, as well (might be someone interested in seeing him too ;) ).

BTW, where the convention threads should go has always been a question in my mind. Last year when it came up one of the moderators told me The Beach was the place. Personally, I think some system needs to be figured out to allow both forums access to convention threads but I've no idea how that would work.

Meg

#16 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 01:29 PM

I think that convention threads should be in GMD, but I am not sure either.  I would think they wouldn't be buried so fast there.

I can move this and merge the threads if that is easier for everyone.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#17 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:15 AM

Well I don't have a problem with it. However, you probably should check with the other moderators first. IIRC the person who told me last year to put them in here was Rov, which is one reason I've never really followed up on it since (plus what about conventions like San Diego? They are General Media as well yet their threads seem to get more traffic in there than I think they'd get in GM).

Meg

#18 Lord Martock

Lord Martock
  • Islander
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 01:51 AM

I had a feeling Lexa would come when I saw Michael was coming.

Posted Image

#19 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 07:52 AM

Today's additions are Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, Day After Tomorrow) and David Franklin (Farscape)

Meg

PS: Maybe we should sticky topic this?

#20 MegL

MegL
  • Islander
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 03:19 AM

Richard Hatch (Battlestar Galactica) has been added (and you can move this to General Media if you wish).

Meg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users