36 replies to this topic

#1 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 07:49 PM

My report

Get to the hotel – it’s huge…I panic..I find Betsy..I relax…we check in to our room..we discover the prices in the hotel bar…we laugh…we see Lil, Pippi and Nep – we hug..we go out to lunch…Pippi and Lil have me laughing all through lunch..Lil takes photos of me laughing all through lunch, Lil takes a photo of a sausage! We walk back to the hotel in the sunshine, manage to negotiate the roads without any casualties…go to the hotel bar and drink water..find Jac, HF, LM, Shaun (Mr Babylon 5!) and lots of others….look at Lils set photos, talk about Sean Bean (or was that later), get changed…go back to the pub…laugh some more..raise our glasses to friendship, talk about Boromir and Faramir ..head back to the hotel bar (can you spot the reoccurring theme?) spot Keith across the hall ……..find the room Keith will be appearing in…are horrified to discover that Keith won’t allow us to take pictures during the event, Pippi finds Keith and asks him straight…he smiles and says he doesn’t mind …we have our pictures taken with Keith..he smiles and chats away quite happily (it was a small event, plenty of Keith time for everyone that wanted it ..and we wanted it!) then cameras at the ready we sit down and wait. The man arrives…we ask lots of thought provoking and intelligent questions..and as Cauda mentioned someone asked the Boxers or Briefs question! I’ll get round to the questions and answers at a later point. Keith was on stage for ages….he carried on long after he was supposed to finish – what a guy. Then it was autograph time…he would autograph as many things as you wanted and again was more than happy to chat. I asked him if he would do the obligatory MB photo when he’d finished – he, being the great man that he is, agreed. I smiled and wandered off in a daze. At yet another hotel bar Lil drags someone out to meet us all …. Yes Cauda that would be you – and to my knowledge it’s the one and only time I’ve ever hugged a Trancer. When Keith was done with the signings it was late..he was hungry, his food was ready…but he honoured his promise and came and posed for the photo – have I mentioned what a wonderful man he is!

Oh and the hair – didn’t miss it at all…he looks as *thud….drool…swoon* as ever…and anyway Lil and Pippi bought him a hat to keep him warm – but that’s their story so I’ll let them tell you.

Finally fell into bed after yet another trip to the bar and a midnight feast with Betsy…Raspberries, rice cakes and Lucozade have never tasted better!

This morning…wake up…yawn..shower..breakfast….chat in corridor ………. Keith appears *faint* Keith speaks - we are struck dumb!

And all you single ladies – Keith likes renovating, cooking and clothes shopping – what more could you want? oh and he dances, albeit badly ;)

{{{{{{{{Lil}}}}}}}} it was absolutely brilliant to see you again
{{{{{{{{Pippi}}}}}}}} likewise
{{{{{{Nep}}}}} a pleasure to meet you
{{{{{Shaun}}}} we didn’t get much of chance to chat but it was good to see you
{{{{{{Cauda}}}}}} sorry for ever assuming you were a woman
{{{{{HF & LM}}}}}}}}} ~grins~

Monique & Rov – Lil has a hug from me to you for San Diego
Jid – I had a sip or two for you

So all in all a hugely fun and huggy weekend :) :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#2 Cauda

Cauda

~~~~~~~~~~~>

• Islander
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 07:55 PM

Raeven, on Feb 23 2003, 04:51 PM, said:

to my knowledge it’s the one and only time I’ve ever hugged a Trancer.
It's contagious you know. Hug a trancer and you start to turn into one. You can expect the tail to start growing any day now!  :devil:
An enigma, wrapped up in a riddle, with a tail in the middle.

#3 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 07:57 PM

^Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You didn't tell me about that

Checks for signs of a tail

Ackkkkkkk I have been infected..... I am unclean :D :D :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#4 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:02 PM

^^^LOL!! :lol:   :lol:

Well, I hope there's plenty of pictures, it sounds like it was alot of fun. :D
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#5 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:05 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Glad to hear you had a good time.

(Gladder to see you back! ;) :) )
cervisiam tene rem specta

#6 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:11 PM

DWF, on Feb 23 2003, 05:04 PM, said:

There's loads of pictures.....Pippi took zillions...Lil took loads, I have some, but it was a little dark for my poor camera - I have three of Keith and his new hair-do! I just need somewhere to host them..oh and I have a great one of Lil in the hat she bought for Keith ;)

#7 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,325 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:11 PM

Wow!  That sounds so awesome!  I'm so jealous! I NEVER get to go!!! :(

(Off to KHCMB to pout...)  :D

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#8 iMel

iMel

New and improved!

• Islander
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:13 PM

Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun!  Thanks for the report, Raeven. :)
I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
--Over the Rhine, "Latter Days"

Formerly known as Neozephryus :)

#9 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:16 PM

Raeven, on Feb 23 2003, 12:13 PM, said:

DWF, on Feb 23 2003, 05:04 PM, said:

There's loads of pictures.....Pippi took zillions...Lil took loads, I have some, but it was a little dark for my poor camera - I have three of Keith and his new hair-do! I just need somewhere to host them..oh and I have a great one of Lil in the hat she bought for Keith ;)
:cool: Cool :cool: sounds great, maybe Andi could put them up on her site, I can't wait to see them. :wideeyed:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#10 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:26 PM

Raeven, on Feb 23 2003, 08:51 AM, said:

Monique & Rov ? Lil has a hug from me to you for San Diego

So all in all a hugely fun and huggy weekend :) :)
~~~~~~~~~~Raeven~~~~~~~~~~~>
{{{{{{{{{{Rae}}}}}}}}}}}}}
~~~~~~~~{{{{{{{{Raeven}}}}}}}}}}}}}~~~~~~~~>

How many ways can I hug you to say thanks for your report!!!!  And what a brilliant time it sounds like you had.  (Expect many questions via email, missy) ;)  An pictures, pictures, pictures.....from you and everyone!

Posted Image

And thank you for passing on Lil's hug!  ~~~~~~~~Lil~~~~~~~~>

So, just really super glad you had such a great time!  Hopefully none of the Americans mentioned your pants like I did.  Just as well we were friends, huh? :lol: ;)

#11 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:29 PM

I told Lil and Pippi all about the 'pants' - we laughed...a LOT!

I've already sent you one picture - go to Keiths, find my thread, go to Karins site - see the others ;) I'll sort out the rest later. Any questions you have - I'll answer :D :D :D

#12 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:31 PM

Sounds like a wonderful time!!!!!! There is nothing better than meeting up with folks from the mb's!

#13 Shaun

Shaun
  • Islander
  • 788 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:36 PM

'Mr. Babylon 5', heh, I like it...certainly better than 'the lady with the beard' as someone called me in the pub ;)

I must have got lost in the hotel at least 6 or 7 times. Layout - very very confusing, prices very very silly.

I didn't take many pictures,  unless I'm about an inch from the subject I'm photographing the result isn't worth keeping.

Keith was really generous with the fans, allowing photos to be taken, answering questions well beyond the then when he was asked to answer only one more question carried on and answered two or three more.

There were hugs-a-plenty and some fascinating conversation (when I could hear it above the music in the bar).

Edited by Shaun, 23 February 2003 - 08:39 PM.

Shaun
Veni, vidi, vici

#14 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:37 PM

kimmer, on Feb 23 2003, 05:33 PM, said:

There is nothing better than meeting up with folks from the mb's!
You're so right {{{{{{{{{Kimmer}}}}}}}}}} I've had some of the best times with other MB'rs and I hope to have many more :)

#15 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:39 PM

Shaun, on Feb 23 2003, 05:38 PM, said:

'Mr. Babylon 5', heh, I like it...certainly better than 'the lady with the beard' as someone called me in the pub ;)

I must have got lost in the hotel at least 6 or 7 times. Layout - very very confusing.
ROFL - I'd forgotten about the lady with the beard - for everyone's information - Shaun does not look remotely like a woman with a beard...he looks like a man with a beard ;)

As for the hotel - confusing.....very and all those mirrors - ewwww too freaky for me :D :D :D

#16 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:43 PM

Raeven, on Feb 23 2003, 09:31 AM, said:

I told Lil and Pippi all about the 'pants' - we laughed...a LOT!

I've already sent you one picture - go to Keiths, find my thread, go to Karins site - see the others ;) I'll sort out the rest later. Any questions you have - I'll answer :D :D :D
:blush:  Great! Just great! ;) :D  Now they know about the "pants".........:lol:

And, I saw the thread and pics at KHC..........excellent reporting, oh lucky one!!! :D  Goes off to compose many- questioned email.  J/K, it won't be THAT much ;) )

Edited by Monique Peppermint, 23 February 2003 - 08:43 PM.

#17 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:50 PM

Monique Peppermint, on Feb 23 2003, 05:45 PM, said:

And, I saw the thread and pics at KHC..........excellent reporting, oh lucky one!!! :D  Goes off to compose many- questioned email.  J/K, it won't be THAT much ;) )[/color]
Nooooooooooo not the many question e-mail ;) I look forward to receiving it :D

#18 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 08:55 PM

Sounds like y'all had a GREAT time!

<~~~~~ Raeven ~~~~~~~~. Tail coming in nicely there......
<~~~~~ Lil ~~~~~~~~~. You too! You hugged Cauda, eh?

Anyway... DETAILS! I WANT MORE DETAILS! :D.

Thanks for the report!
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#19 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 09:00 PM

{{{{{Rov}}}}} :)

Ok .....anyone who was there, help me out....what do you remember about the following subjects? ;) these people seem to require more details :D :D

Big wet kiss
Goldfish
Rennovating
dogs
Music
Instruments
Parents
Chainmail
Costume Designer
Laser guns
Time Travel
Tyr's quarters
Books
cooking
Shakespeare
Dancing
Singing
Applying to whatever college it was ;) whilst probably being drunk at the time ;)

#20 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 09:17 PM

~~~~~~Rae and Rov~~~~~~~~~>  Just because!!

And eep at the subjects needing details :o ;)

Big wet kiss from a goldfish?
Renovating dogs?
Parents in chainmail?
Time travel to Tyr's quarters?  (can I go? ;) )
Shakespeare dancing and singing?

Wow, I DO want details!!!!!!! ;)  :eek: :lol:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users