• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:15 PM

The Drudge Report, of course, has just enough information to tantalize. I don't care for Kerry, but please let's not go through this again.

Is there anyone in Washington who isn't boinking an intern?

"Hey, you there . . . yes, you . . . the lady at the counter at Walgreen's with the green eyeglasses and the beehive hairdo . . . yes . . . you're now President."
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#2 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:34 PM

*Just a shake of the head*...Come on people are our political priorities really 18 yr old plus military records or old affairs? sheesh!
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#3 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:37 PM

Does someone want to tell be how someone carries on an affair while he's being treated for prostate cancer?   One would have to be made of sterner stuff than most mere mortals....
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#4 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:50 PM

Shalamar, on Feb 12 2004, 10:32 AM, said:

*Just a shake of the head*...Come on people are our political priorities really 18 yr old plus military records or old affairs? sheesh!
Why yes didn't you know?  I mean why worry about things like war on false pretenses, civil rights and fiscal responsibility when we can talk about sex and ancient history!   :cool:

Edited by Una Salus Lillius, 12 February 2004 - 01:50 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:51 PM

MuseZack, on Feb 12 2004, 10:35 AM, said:

Does someone want to tell be how someone carries on an affair while he's being treated for prostate cancer?   One would have to be made of sterner stuff than most mere mortals....
I gotta tell you, I just *so* didn't need that mental image!   :blink:
Posted Image

#6 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:51 PM

Lil, my response is 'Meh", and people wonder why I don't 'do' politics...
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#7 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:52 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Feb 12 2004, 07:48 PM, said:

when we can talk about sex and ancient history!   :cool:
sorry

for a second there i thought i'd stumbled into a Hercules the legendary journeys reveiw ;)

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#8 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:53 PM

Shalamar, on Feb 12 2004, 10:49 AM, said:

Lil, my response is 'Meh", and people wonder why I don't 'do' politics...
Well the obvious reason to "do" politics is this:

The hell with the odds, all that matters in life is that we try.

:)
Posted Image

#9 HubcapDave

HubcapDave

Bald is Beautiful!

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 02:44 PM

MuseZack, on Feb 12 2004, 11:35 AM, said:

Does someone want to tell be how someone carries on an affair while he's being treated for prostate cancer?   One would have to be made of sterner stuff than most mere mortals....
Maybe he just laid there......... ;)

#10 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:16 PM

^ Ugh! Now I have to scour my brain with sandpaper. ;)

With Kerry the main DNC contender, this sort of thing is to be expected. Right now the extreme right-wing media is sifting through Kerry's life with a magnifying glass and laboratory grade filter paper, looking for anything that can leave a stain. It's part of the process these days, alas.
Per aspera ad astra

#11 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:37 PM

HubcapDave, on Feb 12 2004, 11:42 AM, said:

Does someone want to tell be how someone carries on an affair while he's being treated for prostate cancer?   One would have to be made of sterner stuff than most mere mortals....
Maybe he just laid there......... ;)
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***SMITE***
Posted Image

#12 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:43 PM

Kevin Street, on Feb 12 2004, 12:14 PM, said:

^ Ugh! Now I have to scour my brain with sandpaper. ;)

With Kerry the main DNC contender, this sort of thing is to be expected. Right now the extreme right-wing media is sifting through Kerry's life with a magnifying glass and laboratory grade filter paper, looking for anything that can leave a stain. It's part of the process these days, alas.
[sarcasm] Unlike the extreme left-wing media.[/sarcasm]

Actually, both sides are pretty good at the Petty Politics game. So sad for both sides.

#13 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:47 PM

I agree LOP and I blame the press (liberals and conservatives alike).
Posted Image

#14 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:05 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Feb 12 2004, 02:45 PM, said:

I agree LOP and I blame the press (liberals and conservatives alike).
Yep. We're told that ABC, Time Magazine, and the AP have been working on this story for a couple days now. Remember, the press knew about Monica Lewinsky before Drudge forced them to cover it by actually releasing the story that Newsweek had spiked.

The same thing may happen here.

Edited by Drew, 12 February 2004 - 04:07 PM.

"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#15 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:17 PM

LOL! With a lot of help?  :eek:

I'd like to see something more than the drudge report. Something with those peksy details like when, where...  :p

Edited by Rhea, 12 February 2004 - 04:18 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#16 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:34 PM

List me as one who does not care about this. My only concren was with Clinton about him lying under oath.  

Some folks tried to say what Monica gave him was not a sexual act, but if I asked for the same from a undercover policewoman I would be charged with solisiting a sexual act.

If I lied under oath in a trial I could be facing charges of perjury and face possible jail time. Yet Bill was committing perjury.

All animals are fair some just more equal than others.

That is what pissed me the most off about Bill.

Now what this has to do with Kerry nothing he has not lied under oath.

#17 gaius claudius

gaius claudius

I'm bringing the sexy back!!

• Islander
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:42 PM

From what I understand...Kerry was single at the time this happened...so you can't even call this a case of in fidelity or any type of moral issue...its called dating :unsure:

what a load of craP

gc    :devil:
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance that does harm.
- Marcus Aurelius

King Mob 42

#18 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:54 PM

gaius claudius, on Feb 12 2004, 03:40 PM, said:

From what I understand...Kerry was single at the time this happened...so you can't even call this a case of in fidelity or any type of moral issue...its called dating :unsure:

what a load of craP
Can you give me your source? I'm hearing some stuff about a mystery intern from 1998, and the story at Drudge talks about something that may have happened last year.

#19 gaius claudius

gaius claudius

I'm bringing the sexy back!!

• Islander
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:30 PM

The gentlemen @pandagon blog have been following the story all day....you may have tgo scroll down...the are left leaning..but they do quote their sources..

http://www.pandagon.net/

gc   :devil:
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance that does harm.
- Marcus Aurelius

King Mob 42

#20 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:41 PM

Okay, well according to those sources you link, the "affair Kerry had when he was single" is not the same one being talked about at Drudge.

The most convincing stuff is the item that Wesley Clark's Press Secretary Chris Lehane was trying to shop this story around in 2000 when he worked for Gore (and briefly as an advisor for Kerry). Which may explain how Clark knew enough about it to blab it off the record to gossipy reporters. Lehane's former boss, Gore, is a Dean supporter. Lehane's more recent boss, Clark, is now a Kerry supporter. So what's the deal?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2004, John Kerry, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users