New RP......but familiar characters!

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:42 PM

Okay, this is just an idea that has been floating around in my head.  I'm sure it's not original, but I think it would be fun.

And once one is addicted, there is no such animal as "having too many RPs"....so there!! ;)

Then Shal's new and really neat RP at Moonspinners got me interested in this again! *Notice the hint there?*  :angel:

Okay, here's the premise....if it's unclear, I'll try to explain better if there are questions.  If there is no interest, it's okay too ;).

Characters:  All or any of our current RP characters.

As well as probably a "hostess" who is more than she seemed.

Place: "Present time".......a fully equiped resort on hundreds of acres.  Located between a mountain range and the ocean......bordered on one side by a forrest and the other by the desert.  The idea would be that any environment would be available.  There would be a lake also near the mountains and the weather would vary depending on the environment.

The resort would consist of a large hotel as well as individual bungalows plus a small "village" of shops and restaurants....lots of small shops that would sell anything one wished to buy.

The Idea:  Somehow our characters (which ever ones you wanted) would end up in this present time period through whatever means you wished....it's not an alternate universe, although the employees are somewhat "used" to oddities to some degree.  The time period is the real "now" with all that is going on now.

Our characters could experience anything they wished and interact with each other--or you can have your own charcters meet! ;)  For example, Pepper from 1700 would be completely amazed and freaked out by the year 2004, while Nikki would think it old-fashioned and probably annoying that there are no slip stream portals--not to mention no space travel ;).

You can do almost anything you want to experience with your character....very free form, like Shal's.  *hint again ;)*

Well, that's the basic idea.........any thoughts or ideas.?  I honestly won't mind if no one is interested, although I could probably fill the whole RP with my 12 characters ;)  :angel:.

#2 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 08:41 AM

That sounds like fun.  I can just imagine our 1700 characters let loose in a place like that.
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#3 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:07 AM

Sounds very interesting Nikki..So are you going to be the hostess?

and yes very welcome here or MS...Count me in...Though I'm not sure who to bring... :wink: ]

When is it going to start?

#4 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:09 AM

I'll play (well a selection of my rp characters will) :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#5 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:32 PM

Brit: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking....or our futuristic characters in such a "primitive" past ;).

Shal: Well, I would try to be the hostess, too.  And any other helpers needed.  Or you all can also make up your own in whatever "area" of the resort you're in.  I'm still working out the details.  It'll probably be a couple of weeks yet.  :D

Rae: Cool!!!!  But if you bring all the "Raeven's" make sure they don't fight over the name ;).

Oh, and I'd probably have an R-rating in case there are any fight scenes or other "graphic" stuff....within the guidelines, of course!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 16 February 2004 - 03:33 PM.

#6 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:37 PM

oh sweet lordy Nikki
are you talking about an honest to betsy cross time caper?

I am so there,!!!!!

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#7 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:57 PM

Godeskian, on Feb 16 2004, 12:35 PM, said:

oh sweet lordy Nikki
are you talking about an honest to betsy cross time caper?

I am so there,!!!!!
I am????? Well, cool, then!!!!!  And thanks for wanting to play, Gode!!  I'll work on this thing :D!  I'll try to have a vague story line so was can play on that too.

#8 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:03 PM

As Rosemary is my only character, i'm in.

Unless you'll let me play Chaddee? (side note, Chaddee is a witch in the magical ad&d sense  who either is a familiar to, or has as a familiar, a dragon)

Thought not ;-)

Cheers
Chaddee
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#9 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:06 PM

Is t his the Inn at the end of the road?

Cheers
Chaddee

#10 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:42 PM

I think Sparky could hop in, from time to time..... ;)
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#11 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 08:20 PM

:lol:

that sounds great. i'm in. :D

i wonder how Sheryl would react... she's my only RP character. :p
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#12 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 10:37 PM

Chaddee:  LOL!!! That character sounds neat.......we can talk ;).  But no, this isn't the inn at the end of the road, although once Shal did hers, I thought this might work.  This is just our RP characters meeting each other in the current time period.   Mine meeting mine, and yours meeting Shal's, Rae's meeting her own and mine, and etc, etc!!!  :D

Yay, Rov!!!!!  That would be.....um......interesting!! :D ;)

szhismine: Cool! :)

#13 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:56 PM

So where do we find this contraption?

Cheers
Chaddee

#14 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:47 PM

Chaddee, on Feb 17 2004, 11:54 AM, said:

So where do we find this contraption?

Cheers
Chaddee
What 'contraption'? ;)

If you mean how we get to the resort, I'll leave that to your imagination. ;)  It's sort of like time travel either to the future or the past......2004.....from wherever you are.

And I got your PM......I'll PM you back  :ninja:.

I'm working on this, really........be patient with me ;)!!

#15 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:13 PM

If it is not too late, I would be happy to help you out in co GM ing this one.  Tell me more.  I'll play :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#16 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:36 PM

Of course it's not too late, A Karas....we've only barely begun.  And we'll talk ;).

Now, just a few thoughts as I work on this.....and I'll make sure everything is compiled before we start....soon ;).

First, if you want to interact with someone else's character, make sure both of you can post.  We don't want to leave anyone hanging when they could be doing something with their character(s).

Um, if you only interact with your own characters, which is perfectly fine, but don't post regularly, make sure you keep an eye on the time passage.  I'm big on announcing the passage of time!

You can't leave the resort and go into the "real" world.  We wouldn't want you to mess with your own history or someone else's ;) and change things.  We are fully Internet friendly, plus television gives the most up-to-date news.  But frankly you can find most everything you need at the resort--trust me.  Just ask one of the staff, and I bet they can help. :angel:.  Has one of your characters always wanted to stay in the same room as a famous king? or re-enact a battle from history? or meet someone famous? find buried treasure on land or in the sea? Or do you just want some of your characters to meet and hang out or go on an adventure?  I'm betting you'll find it at the resort.

Think about how you want to "arrive."  For example (just an example Rae ;)), right now Tyrant Monique and Tyrant Rae are going down a dimly lit hallway in the RP.  What if time "slipped" and they took a wrong turn?  They could end up coming out of a doorway in the resort.  Of course, this wouldn't affect the original RP at all.  If you appear in this one, you don't disappear from the other.

Did that make sense?  So, think about how you want to arrive.  You can tell me or not....either way, someone will greet you and answer your questions ;).  Trust me, they'll find you if you don't find them!

#17 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:15 AM

I am very much 'in' on this one.  Will probably start with just one character.  But which one.  I am so tempted to have my 'pirate' being amazed by the future but it would also be fun to have my Niet pilot back in the past.
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#18 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 08:33 AM

Nikki Peppermint, on Feb 18 2004, 02:34 AM, said:

Think about how you want to "arrive."  For example (just an example Rae ;)), right now Tyrant Monique and Tyrant Rae are going down a dimly lit hallway in the RP.  What if time "slipped" and they took a wrong turn?  They could end up coming out of a doorway in the resort.  Of course, this wouldn't affect the original RP at all.  If you appear in this one, you don't disappear from the other.

I like that idea - very Twilight Zone :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#19 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:41 PM

Ooh, I wanna play :wideeyed:  A question:  Are we allowed to bring in characters from the Moon Spinners RPs as well? :D
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#20 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:53 PM

yes, but where is it posted? or isn't it yet posted?
is it on moonspinner or here? I can't find it?

LOL, haven't got a pm back yet?

Cheers
Chaddee

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users