95 replies to this topic

#81 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

And from the ashes of fire, she is reborn

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:29 PM

Hi all

Chaddee looks like my avatar, though tends to dress modestly in a long dress (chainmail bikini does not say 'take me I'm hot'  it says 'kill me, i'm stupid!' ).

Cloaky i'm still looking for an image for and i'll post as soon as I've found it...Though technically she is not and iwll not be at shoreleave resort

As to Virginnia, as soon as I figure out how to post an image here, I will.

Cheers
Chaddee
RIP Ruby Medallion: 31-10-1999/21-05-2007
one gender-reassigned, world travelling, world class snake.

FKA Chaddee, amongst other things.
http://scentedalchemy.webs.com Custom handmade bath and body products

#82 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:37 PM

Brit, on Feb 28 2004, 08:31 PM, said:

Just to let our esteemed GM know that I will be away until Wednesday evening.  Jonas is off looking for food so no probs there.  Will pick him back up when I return.
Okay, Brit....just be sure to read in case the time went forward so you know "when" it is!! See you when you get back! :D

#83 Tyrman

Tyrman

Only in America...

• Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:25 PM

Is it too late for me to join?

I'll just start with Andros for now. He's not doing much with the Tyrants right now. So this will be good until he can find his place in the pride.

#84 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:48 PM

Hi Tyrman.....hold off on posting for a bit, okay?  I sent you a PM :).

#85 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:30 AM

Hi all

Thanks to the fantastic and ever helpfull Shal, an idea of what Virginnia looks like When Not Off Killing Flolks. Then she wears a black catsuit or any other clothing required, or not, as the case may be.
Posted Image

#86 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 02:24 PM

I have to apologize.....but szhismine has had to pull out of the ShoreLeave RP due to it being rated R and her being under 18. It's my fault for not checking ages.....I mistakenly assumed everyone was over 18 that played here.  I just never thought about it.

I'm sorry, szhismine :(.  Totally my fault!!  I'll be posting that "Sheryl" slips out of the resort.

#87 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 03:26 PM

Wow, that dragon sure looks like he could use a tic-tac.  :D  Too much spicy food in his diet.  

Virginia is pretty nice looking.
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#88 WildChildCait

WildChildCait

• Islander
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 01:45 PM

Virginnia briefly appears out of the shadows she has been lurking in, smiles at A Karas, and fades back into them.

Why, thank you! LOL, that picture was the inspiration for the character...

Cheers
Chaddee

#89 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 01:23 PM

This looks to be really neat, let me read the RP and see if I want to bring in any character not currently too busy (Better not bring in Silver ;) )

#90 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 01:57 PM

Nikki Peppermint, on Feb 22 2004, 06:04 PM, said:

This roleplay will be a cross between Fantasy Island and the Twilight Zone, and throw in a bit of the episode “Shore Leave” from Star Trek: TOS.  This is NOT AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE, although the employees are somewhat “used” to oddities to some degree. The time period is real “now” with all that is going on now.

This is a free form RP. There is no story or arc to follow, except for the way in which you arrive and leave (see below).  You are creating your own storyline within the boundaries of the resort and time frame.

To explain:  The ShoreLeave Resort is located in an isolated area on Earth set in the year 2004.  Surrounded by the ocean, a mountain range, the desert, and a wooded forest, the very modern ShoreLeave Resort resides in the middle of a huge acreage.  However, if you prefer another sort of accommodation, the staff will direct to one of your liking.  The village has many shops, nearly anything you could ask for—and even some things you might not.  The resort itself features several swimming pools, stables with horses for hire, tennis courts, a dock for boating trips, a theater, and a fully equipped sports arena.

How you arrive:  You may bring in any RP character from any RP, even outside of Ex Isle.  Your character will “slip” into the resort area from your current location.  You won’t know how you got there or why, nor is there any way for you to figure out how to leave.  The Universe will send you home to the exact moment in time you left when it is time.  (Don’t ask, just accept that it is.)

(It is NOT the GMs that decide when you arrive or leave; it is you as the writer who makes that decision.  But you cannot write that your character discovers or learns how to leave—it just happens.  You cannot find Harper, and have him make you a time machine.  Even the staff doesn’t know how you got there or how to leave; and they don’t care.  They only want to be of service while you are there.  Cait, A Karas, and Nikki will play the staff.)

For example, Tyrant Cait is flying through slipstream in the Mog.  Suddenly, as she exist the stream she finds herself flying above a strange airport at a resort.  She lands at the ShoreLeave Resort airport……….. OR Tyrant Monique and Tyrant Raeven are following the Alpha down the dimly lit tunnel and step through a door. They find themselves stepping out of a door into the lobby of the ShoreLeave Resort………..  and thus begins their stories.

How you leave:  You just go poof. You disappear. You end up back where you started in your own time as if nothing had happened.  And that character is now out of the RP game (unless you bring them back later.) We don’t want to know what happened after you left.  If you are interacting with another player and go poof, that other player will remember you…..and you will remember anyone who left.  The staff will not know what happened to them.  You can ask, but they will say, “I don’t know.”

We will be announcing the passage of time.  Please follow the passage of time in your posts.  If you need to use flashback, please do.  They are easy to write and can be especially creative.  If you do not post for awhile and return, please note any time that has passed and post accordingly.

Some examples for possible stories:  A character might wished to be involved in a historic battle, so they could come upon a reenactment and it becomes real for them like a holodeck, except the images are solid. Everything seems real.  The images are real for them, but they disappear after the battle is over.  No time travel has taken place.  Or  a character could need to learn something about themselves and go on a quest.  The possibilities are unlimited, so I won’t give anymore examples.  PM Cait or Nikki if you have any questions.
Cool, LT....I'm sure you saw this, but it doesn't hurt to repost it.....here's how you would arrive.  But you'll get a better sense of things as you read the RP! :D

Let us know what you decide!!

#91 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 02:45 PM

I've read this whole thread and am reading the RP, sounds like it could be really fun, I'll let you know when I decide :)

Edited: Just got through reading it and giggling at Monique, Rae and Cait. :D

With so many Niets in it already, I think LT and Shawntee should stay where they are. I'm not sure if I want to bring Silver or Sharyn in, maybe both, after all, Sharyn is hanging over a precipice right now, perfect for 'dropping in' ;)

Edited by LTA, 13 March 2004 - 05:00 PM.

#92 Tyrman

Tyrman

Only in America...

• Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 11:16 PM

Nikki Peppermint, on Mar 6 2004, 01:22 PM, said:

I have to apologize.....but szhismine has had to pull out of the ShoreLeave RP due to it being rated R and her being under 18. It's my fault for not checking ages.....I mistakenly assumed everyone was over 18 that played here.
If that's the case then perhaps I should pull out, too. I'm 17. Or is that close enough?

#93 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 11:32 PM

Tyrman, on Mar 14 2004, 08:14 PM, said:

Nikki Peppermint, on Mar 6 2004, 01:22 PM, said:

I have to apologize.....but szhismine has had to pull out of the ShoreLeave RP due to it being rated R and her being under 18. It's my fault for not checking ages.....I mistakenly assumed everyone was over 18 that played here.
If that's the case then perhaps I should pull out, too. I'm 17. Or is that close enough?
{{{Tyrman}}}} Did you not get my PM? :o  I'm sorry, but 17 is too young, too.  I'm sorry if my PM didn't reach you  :( !!!   Yeah, so no go on this one.......

#94 Tyrman

Tyrman

Only in America...

• Islander
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, just checked and there it was. Totally my bad.

#95 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:58 PM

Cheile is joining us in ShoreLeave in case anyone notices a new name! :D  We're working on getting her to "slip" in now!! :D

#96 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:33 AM

Welcome, Cheile :)

This one's a nice diversion from the regular RP's going on around here.

[hint]Now if A Karas would just be able to find the time to post... :hehe: [/hint]

~~~~~~{{A Karas}}~~~~~~~~>

Edited by Chatterbox, 11 May 2004 - 06:33 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users