Election 2004 Bush October Surprise

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zoxesyr

Zoxesyr
  • Islander
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:38 PM

Is it too soon to start talking about the "October Surprise" that Bush has in store for this election year?  Should we start a betting pool on it?

I wonder if they will "capture" Osama bin Laden and parade him around just a few weeks before the election?

(After all, the "found" Saddam just when the Halliburton fiasco was starting to heat up.  It effectively moved Halliburton off the front pages for two weeks.)

Are there any other possible surprises? :devil:
www.zoxesyrbautie.com

#2 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:47 PM

The astronauts who went with the Mars mission pop out and do a jig?   :alien:  :eek:  :whistle:

Ani
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#3 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:49 PM

Shockingly, I agree with Zox. :)
Posted Image

#4 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:03 PM

Zoxesyr, on Feb 18 2004, 08:36 PM, said:

(After all, the "found" Saddam just when the Halliburton fiasco was starting to heat up.  It effectively moved Halliburton off the front pages for two weeks.)
I guess I didn't realize that Halliburton's presence waxed and waned like phases of the moon. That silly word has been dogging Cheney since he got elected. (Of course, it would be bad form to point out that Clinton gave Halliburton a sweet deal in post-war Kosovo, wouldn't it?)  :devil:
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#5 Zoxesyr

Zoxesyr
  • Islander
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:11 PM

Drew, on Feb 19 2004, 03:01 AM, said:

(Of course, it would be bad form to point out that Clinton gave Halliburton a sweet deal in post-war Kosovo, wouldn't it?)  :devil:
No it wouldn't be bad form at all!  Most corporations don't have any political affiliations, they just want the money.  Hmm...that could be an interesting October Surprise.  Yet another Clinton indictment... :lol:  :hehe:  :ninjadeath:

Shockingly, I agree with Zox. 

:crazy:  :hehe:  :blink:  :lol:
Oh Dear!  Then I may have to change my opinion!  We have a reputation to maintain!
www.zoxesyrbautie.com

#6 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:15 PM

Zoxesyr, on Feb 18 2004, 07:09 PM, said:

Oh Dear!  Then I may have to change my opinion!  We have a reputation to maintain!
*sigh*  P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
Posted Image

#7 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:55 PM

Zoxesyr, on Feb 18 2004, 07:36 PM, said:

Is it too soon to start talking about the "October Surprise" that Bush has in store for this election year?  Should we start a betting pool on it?

I wonder if they will "capture" Osama bin Laden and parade him around just a few weeks before the election?

(After all, the "found" Saddam just when the Halliburton fiasco was starting to heat up.  It effectively moved Halliburton off the front pages for two weeks.)

Are there any other possible surprises? :devil:
That gets my vote, too (and it makes me feel like a terrible cynic to say it, but look what Dubya's reduced me to  :wacko: ).
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#8 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:55 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Feb 18 2004, 08:13 PM, said:

Zoxesyr, on Feb 18 2004, 07:09 PM, said:

*sigh*  P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
You keep it up, you're gonna strain that tongue, Lillian. :p~
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2004, Bush, October Surprise

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users