Election 2004 John Kerry Democrat Second Black President

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:30 AM

I thought MuseZack had just decided to start being more like Rush, since he says the press has always treated the Kennedy clan like, and trying to turn them into, an American royal family.

#42 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:37 AM

Delvo, on Mar 4 2004, 06:28 AM, said:

I thought MuseZack had just decided to start being more like Rush, since he says the press has always treated the Kennedy clan like, and trying to turn them into, an American royal family.
It was actually a play on the similar initials of John Forbes Kerry and John Fitzgerald Kennedy, but whatever floats your boat.

But to be more like Rush I'd have to gain about 80 lbs. and develop a OxyContin habit, neither of which I'm actively considering at the moment...
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#43 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:37 AM

^  I doubt it.  He was probably referring to the fact that when there's a jr. that usually means that the Sr. can also be called "the First" (not to be confused with lame villains on Buffy the Vampire Slayer mind you).  ;)
Posted Image

#44 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:00 AM

Una Salus Lillius, on Mar 3 2004, 10:23 PM, said:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{GiGi}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Sorry to hear that.  :( 

I guess it's a good thing I didn't start in on trying to get all Papal with the JFK the First ref then huh...I mean whatwith him being Catholic and all...;)
It happens.  It's okay, just making my head a little foggy. (that and this sinus cold)
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#45 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:03 AM

Ouch.  I hate sinus colds.  :(  Hot liquids GiGi and a nice steamy shower too.  

{{{{{{{{{{{{{GiGi}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Lil
Posted Image

#46 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:08 AM

I am quite sure that Kerry will show the same morals and ethics of a liberal Dem

#47 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:11 AM

G1223, on Mar 3 2004, 11:06 PM, said:

I am quite sure that Kerry will show the same morals and ethics of a liberal Dem
I'm a liberal Dem G.  I *do* wish you'd watch it with the generalizations.  Each time you make one like that you're insulting people who you purport to call friend.  

Lil
Posted Image

#48 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:16 AM

Una Salus Lillius, on Mar 3 2004, 11:01 PM, said:

Ouch.  I hate sinus colds.  :(  Hot liquids GiGi and a nice steamy shower too. 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{GiGi}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Lil
Thanx Lil, check and check!  (tea, lots o' tea)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lil}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#49 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 03:21 AM

MuseZack, on Mar 3 2004, 11:35 PM, said:

But to be more like Rush I'd have to gain about 80 lbs. and develop a OxyContin habit, neither of which I'm actively considering at the moment...
Thank goodness! :lol:

#50 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:16 AM

MuseZack, on Mar 3 2004, 10:35 PM, said:

*Whew*.  Well THAT'S certainly a relief...

:angel:
Posted Image

#51 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:58 AM

Why the "black president" thing is offensive:

1.  Assumption that black people are a monolithic who all agree that this is what it means to be black.
2. Assumption that in order to have the "right mindset" toward black people one has to be black.
3. The fact that we have never had a black president - this designation rather annoyingly (at best) degrades the effort to have one.
4. And the fact that this is put forward by black public figures doesn't make it better - it just perpetuates the inability of the black community to have meaningful internal dialogue, since we all must be of one mind about everything.

Just my 4cts on the subject.  

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#52 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:03 PM

THANK YOU QT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lil
Posted Image

#53 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:24 PM

When I've heard people talk about Clinton being black, they weren't referring to his "humble upbringing".  They were talking about all the creepin' he's done.

#54 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:25 PM

MuseZack, on Mar 4 2004, 01:35 AM, said:

It was actually a play on the similar initials of John Forbes Kerry and John Fitzgerald Kennedy, but whatever floats your boat.

You are about 5 years behind there Zack. He lost the weight after marrying Marta the arobics instructor.
Can't Touch This!!

#55 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:26 PM

That's Ok Kosh.  ITts the left doing the labeling so it's always good.

#56 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:16 PM

Well, he probably still weighs over 200, so maybe Zack weighs something like 137... hey, it's possible...

Edited by Delvo, 05 March 2004 - 09:07 AM.

#57 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:15 AM

Kosh, on Mar 4 2004, 02:23 PM, said:

MuseZack, on Mar 4 2004, 01:35 AM, said:

You are about 5 years behind there Zack. He lost the weight after marrying Marta the arobics instructor.
Does anybody else find this whole exchange hugely funny?  :devil:

Thanks, Kosh, for my first laugh of the day.  :D
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#58 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:58 AM

eechick, on Mar 4 2004, 02:22 PM, said:

When I've heard people talk about Clinton being black, they weren't referring to his "humble upbringing".  They were talking about all the creepin' he's done.
I beg your pardon?

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#59 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:25 AM

I have to agree with you HM07....What does that mean? It sounds VERY racist.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election, 2004, John Kerry, Democrat, Second Black President

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users