#1 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:05 AM

From "John Kerry for President Blog"

http://blog.johnkerr...ves/000871.html

"When Teresa Heinz-Kerry arrived, she handed me a pin that read in the center: “Asses of Evil” with “Bush”, “Cheney”, “Rumsfeld” and “Ashcroft” surrounding it. She met, greeted and talked to a jam-packed room of Kerry supporters and others who came for the MoveOn documentary. Many were curious, others undecided, or belonging to other candidate camps.

Teresa talked about her life as the daughter of a physician in Africa, about life during a repressive regime, to life inside Washington DC, and a brief intimate glimpse into her courtship with John. She told a rapt crowd about . . ."

Blah blah blah . . .

Here's a great response from Lileks.

"I’d love for someone to put this question to Kerry in the debate: Senator Kerry, your wife handed out buttons that called the President an Evil Ass. Do you believe he is Evil, an Ass, or both? And if I may follow up, I’d like to ask if you can possibly imagine Laura Bush doing that. Thank you."

Edited by Drew, 09 March 2004 - 10:06 AM.

"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#2 Anna

Anna

Island Native

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:14 AM

Why did I actually read that? More morbid curiousity, I guess. :unsure:

After the “Condoleezza Rice Crispies Bars” and “No Child Left Behind Chocolate Chip Cookies” I need the "Dear God Where's the Pepto Bismol?"

Anna
Seldom do we regret words we do not speak.

--------------

Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

#3 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:25 AM

Repressive Regime was Johnson Administration?  Or when daddy took her Trust money away? Sorry Rich Girl has a 'touch me not' mindset. ( She has said anyAny mud that she feels splatters her she will use that wealth to hit back)and then passes out buttons like this deserves to have every act in her life brought to the surface and used on her.

#4 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:37 AM

Maybe its me, but the Condoleeza Rice Crispies Bar and the NCLB Chocolate Chips seem subtly racist.  I hate to be paranoid, but there it is.

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#5 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:38 AM

Handmaiden07, on Mar 9 2004, 09:35 AM, said:

Maybe its me, but the Condoleeza Rice Crispies Bar and the NCLB Chocolate Chips seem subtly racist.
It wasn't just you. I got kind of a creepy vibe, too. I mean, the first one is an obvious play on her name. The second one . . . well, what's the connection between "Chocolate Chip" and "No Child Left Behind"?  :unsure:

Edited by Drew, 09 March 2004 - 10:39 AM.

"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#6 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:53 AM

It's the Democratic party they cannot be racists they are the party that supported equal rights in the 60's ( But voted against it in the 50's ... Got to keep that Dixiecratic vote happy) Supported increase in national defense(Then cut it when they no longer had the White House)  

Basically this is the Democratic method of acting like this and then explaining away the behavior. And they know that the majority of black people will vote for them  not because they are informed voters but becasue they are given the party line.

And majority of black go out and do exactly that.

The repbulicans  appear to be  saying

Unemployment is lower than it's was in 2000

People are buying  New homes

Interst rates lowest in 40 + yrs

Stock market and economy reocering from a drop before the election

We are comming back why change the captain in midvoyage

(Kerry has said  we need to get rid of tax cuts  which are helping the economy. He has said he'd have done Iraq differently and then when pressed repeats differently or makes noise about waiting till  France Germany and Russia signed on ..Which would be never or till they have gotten all those countires want out of the arrangement)

So is it bbecomming clearer who to vote against? I know it did from whenI heard the words "I'd have done it differently"

#7 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:33 AM

It's not just you HM07 - I found the "names" for the "home baked goodies" disgusting. It's even worse that they were being SOLD to raise money. :glare:

The pin is also disgusting. In fact, I find their behavior as a whole disgusting. (I'm liking that word this morning. ;) )

Now someone please tell me that this blog is another satire page.

#8 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:42 AM

kimmer, on Mar 9 2004, 10:31 AM, said:

Now someone please tell me that this blog is another satire page.
I'm afraid it's not.

#9 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:49 AM

Oh, I fervently hope someone is stupid enough to follow Lileks' advice.  A crafty campaigner like Kerry could get major mileage out of an outraged "leave my wife out of this" response.  It worked like gangbusters for Clinton in 1992.  People love to see men sticking up for their wives.

If this is the best Lileks and company can do in the ongoing "Hillar-ifcation of Teresa Heinz Kerry" campaign, then they're in even bigger trouble than I thought.  

And is bringing the whole family into this campaign really something the Bushies want?  Does that mean brother Neil is fair game?  The twins?  Or Laura herself, who despite her carefully maintained public persona, is not without skeletons of her own?  I'd rather we not go down this road, but if you guys want to start it, then bring it on.
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#10 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:56 AM

Zack, I guess we expect that a prospective First Lady (and by extension, her husband) wouldn't have to stoop to schoolyard name-calling. You once said that this is going to be a dirty campaign. "Dirty" is handing out buttons calling the opposition and his administration "asses." "Dirty" is not pointing out how low that is.

Ms. Heinz-Kerry would have earned my respect if she'd refused to accept the "Asses" button when it was handed to her in Madison. If she'd said, "This is rather tasteless. Let's talk about ideas and issues, okay?" But she not only accepted it, she put in an order for more.

Edited by Drew, 09 March 2004 - 11:58 AM.

#11 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 12:24 PM

But Drew this is spin control. IF we can put the people asking questions under the lights we never have to face responsibility for our actions.  Glad to see that the spin doctoring  is being seen by folks.

Also to nice to see someone calling her on her behavior rather than making this up.

#12 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 12:30 PM

MuseZack, on Mar 9 2004, 10:47 AM, said:

A crafty campaigner like Kerry could get major mileage out of an outraged "leave my wife out of this" response.
You can't leave his wife out of it if she puts herself into it.

#13 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 12:36 PM

Drew  This is the Democrats you cannot say anything about his wife or her actions  but he can say whatever he wants and is excused it. After all he wants to be the Second Black President.

#14 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:00 PM

This is the Democrats you cannot say anything about his wife or her actions but he can say whatever he wants and is excused it.
Has the Kerry campaign gone after Laura Bush then G? Or have they gone after any other member of Bush's family?

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#15 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:03 PM

No but Laura has not passed out buttons and acted like a campainer. She has acted like a First Lady. Supportive and speaks about the issues she has taken on as First Lady.

#16 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:07 PM

Not what I asked, but thank you for answering anyway

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#17 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:35 PM

Gode I am sorry that answering the question means giving you more than one word answers. But the first word in the explainationis No the rest explains why they are not able to.  

But since you did not get the simple answer so you could then try to excuse what Mrs. Kerry did.

#18 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:56 PM

I wasn't looking for a simple answer, I was looking to an answer to my question

You didn't, you answered a question I didn't ask. I am not seeking pat answers, but nor am I looking to have my questions ignored. Hence my answer.

Still, thanks for the explanation. It was very illuminating, though perhaps not the way you think.

Edited by Cyberhippie, 09 March 2004 - 02:57 PM.

Defy Gravity!

#19 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:10 PM

Cyberhippie, on Mar 9 2004, 11:58 AM, said:

Has the Kerry campaign gone after Laura Bush then G? Or have they gone after any other member of Bush's family?
Various Democrats and liberals have, but any causal connection between them and Kerry either doesn't exist or is hidden.

#20 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:19 PM

MuseZack, on Mar 9 2004, 10:47 AM, said:

A crafty campaigner like Kerry
His campaign consists entirely of the usual liberal hate speech and lies trying to make anyone opposed to him look like a mud devil without having to actually state and rationally support a position. I admit that since he's a Democrat this works, but it's not exactly crafty; it's very straightforward and unoriginal.

If this is the best Lileks and company can do in the ongoing "Hillar-ifcation of Teresa Heinz Kerry" campaign, then they're in even bigger trouble than I thought.
Republican smear campaigns behind every (lowercase) bush, I see... one of two nearly universal excuses (the other being "it's a joke/satire") when a liberal acts like Teresa does and the press doesn't hide it for him/her.

is bringing the whole family into this campaign really something the Bushies want?
They're not the ones doing it, so why ask? To try to shift the blame?

I'd rather we not go down this road
You've already disproven that claim before it was even made, more than once.

Edited by Delvo, 09 March 2004 - 07:32 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election, 2004, Theressa Kerry, John Kerry, Democrats

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users