• 16,433 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:14 PM

jon3831, on Feb 26 2003, 05:41 PM, said:

:blink:  :blink:

Umm... Okay...

*goes off to find some dramamine*
::Rhea hands Jon a dramamine and takes one herself::

:ninja:  :suspect:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#22 Anna

Anna

Island Native

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:40 PM

I'm wondering what it will look like lit up at night. Could be quite a sight!

Anna
Seldom do we regret words we do not speak.

--------------

Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

#23 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:48 PM

Okay, let's face it. The original WTC towers were pretty dull designs. But they worked because of their sheer size. Less is more, but more less is a LOT more. What we have here is more more, and that's too much.

(Er . . . hmmm.  :suspect: Nope. I think I'll leave it like that.)
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#24 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 10:11 PM

I still liked the 95 year old Gaudi design for the site the best (see http://24.46.42.210:...ead/Gaudi1.html )

, but this is okay.

Zack
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#25 Appreciate

Appreciate
  • Islander
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 10:20 PM

Drew, on Feb 27 2003, 05:50 PM, said:

Okay, let's face it. The original WTC towers were pretty dull designs. But they worked because of their sheer size. Less is more, but more less is a LOT more. What we have here is more more, and that's too much.

(Er . . . hmmm.  :suspect: Nope. I think I'll leave it like that.)
:eek:  :eek:

And ROFL!!!!!

Kathy
"Any dolt with half a brain/Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don't know if I'll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main..."
- Billy (aka Dr. Horrible) in My Eyes from the AWESOME Dr. Horrible's SingAlong Blog

#26 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 11:57 PM

I like the big spire... but yeesh... talk about ugly...

I think less is more might have worked better in this situation.
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#27 iMel

iMel

New and improved!

• Islander
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:30 AM

Well...that's definitely...different.  :unsure:
I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
--Over the Rhine, "Latter Days"

Formerly known as Neozephryus :)

#28 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 02:03 AM

MuseZack, on Feb 27 2003, 11:13 AM, said:

I still liked the 95 year old Gaudi design for the site the best (see http://24.46.42.210:...ead/Gaudi1.html )

, but this is okay.

Zack
Hey, wait a minute! Looks like this guy had an obsession with penises! Well, ok, all guys are obsessed  by penises  :blink: , but they don't usually um...erect office buildings that look like one! :p :p
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#29 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 02:07 AM

Rhea, on Feb 27 2003, 11:05 PM, said:

MuseZack, on Feb 27 2003, 11:13 AM, said:

, but this is okay.

Zack
Hey, wait a minute! Looks like this guy had an obsession with penises! Well, ok, all guys are obsessed  by penises  :blink: , but they don't usually um...erect office buildings that look like one! :p :p
:blink: :blink:

Must.... get mind.... out... of gutter..... :p :p

And I'm suddenly both glad I'm having trouble getting to the site and incredibly, umm... curious, yeah, CURIOUS! :p  about what it looks like.... :suspect:  :Oo:
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#30 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 03:04 AM

Umm...we all seem to be having similar reactions, interesting. Upon reflection it seems to me that this is the architecture that heralds the designs of future worlds we have created in the sci-fi media. It's just that it's not going to fit everything around it. Means the future cities were leveled totally and rebuilt to get their appearance. Hmm.

Now the Gaudi design, looks like a space ship to me, and it isn't an office building...it's a hotel.

Ani
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#31 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,130 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 03:45 AM

Rhea, on Feb 27 2003, 06:05 PM, said:

Hey, wait a minute! Looks like this guy had an obsession with penises! Well, ok, all guys are obsessed  by penises  :blink: , but they don't usually um...erect office buildings that look like one! :p :p
Yes . . . they do.

Posted Image
(The Florida Capitol building in Tallahassee)

-Nick

#32 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 04:35 AM

Drew, on Feb 27 2003, 01:50 PM, said:

(Er . . . hmmm.  :suspect: Nope. I think I'll leave it like that.)
LOL!!! You're not related to Yogi Berra are you? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New WTC, New York

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users