Election 2004 John McCain for VP Bush

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:53 PM

Unfortunately, McCain is way too moderate for the current Republican party honchos, where the extremists from the religious right seem to have finally found a home with Bush (oh, for the years when people like Falwell were a joke  :wacko: ).

McCain is one of the few Republicans I'd vote for, but it ain't gonna happen in the current Republican climate.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#22 tennyson

tennyson
  • Islander
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:15 PM

They're still a joke. Bush has very little if anything in common with the likes of Falwell except for his professed faith in God.
"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."

— Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" Babylon-5

#23 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:18 PM

The Democrates are known for their own small special interest groups.  Some whom are so full of Stuff that they make the water equally as muddy. Personally I am not voting for Bush. I am voting aginst those groups and bush is the sad thing that comes along.

It is why I voted against Gore becasue from where I was sitting he was going to damage the economy with Kyoto and go onto other useful things that would take 10 yrs to repair. Kerry looks like Gore with a sillier hairdo.

#24 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:55 PM

EDIT: Thanks for the link. Damn! Would have been nice, but it was always unrealistic.

Edited by Javert Rovinski, 10 March 2004 - 07:56 PM.

St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#25 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:51 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Mar 11 2004, 12:53 AM, said:

EDIT: Thanks for the link. Damn! Would have been nice, but it was always unrealistic.
Methinks it was a little bit of McCain making Bush and Rove sweat as payback for their behavior in the 2000 primary.  That, and a sign of the genuine bonds between the Vietnam veterans in the Senate.  Kerry, McCain, and Hagel are all very good friends.
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#26 Robert Hewitt Wolfe

Robert Hewitt Wolfe
  • Demigod
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:52 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Mar 10 2004, 09:00 PM, said:

Since the odds of the Democrats retaking congress are rather slim, that means the best option for fiscal conservatives is to vote Democratic, and encourage congressional gridlock.

OMG, Rov and I agree on something politically!  The end is nigh!

Alert the Space Ninjas.

:ninjadeath:  :ninjadeath:  :ninjadeath:

"There are monsters, there are angels...
There's a peacefulness and a rage inside us all."
----------------------------------
Voice of the Beehive

#27 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:54 PM

I'll tell you this much.
If McCain had the Republican ticket in 2000, my parents would've voted for him.
They are Democrats.  They hate Bush.

think about it. ;)
"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?"

- Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#28 Uncle Sid

Uncle Sid

Highly impressionable

• Islander
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:04 PM

Of course, I can't in good conscience, vote for most Democrats, but I would have to second the notion that gridlock can be a really nice thing.  I've always said that a lot of the good stuff that happened during the 90s was because no one could push through either side's lamebrained schemes.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

#29 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 01:02 PM

Let's hear it for checks and balances! We all love gridlock.  :love:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#30 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:37 PM

G1223, on Mar 10 2004, 03:34 PM, said:

Also it might force the party into a less stringent positionoh the issues of the far right. I mean both McCain and Bush favor a strong America.
But not Kerry . . . Kerry favors a weak, anemic America ripe for invasion by the stick-wielding armies of a third world nation . . . :rolleyes:

#31 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:41 PM

^ROTFLMA!!!!!!!   :lol:  :hehe:
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#32 Uncle Sid

Uncle Sid

Highly impressionable

• Islander
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:42 PM

But not Kerry . . . Kerry favors a weak, anemic America ripe for invasion by the stick-wielding armies of a third world nation . . .

Well, duh.  Isn't that a central plank of the Democratic platform?  After all, if they needed to repair the anemia at short notice, they could always use their National Health Care System to revive it.  

:devil:
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

#33 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:48 PM

Nick, on Mar 11 2004, 08:35 PM, said:

Kerry favors a weak, anemic America ripe for invasion by the stick-wielding armies of a third world nation . . . :rolleyes:
Canada, for example.

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#34 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:00 PM

the'Hawk, on Mar 11 2004, 07:46 PM, said:

Nick, on Mar 11 2004, 08:35 PM, said:

Kerry favors a weak, anemic America ripe for invasion by the stick-wielding armies of a third world nation . . . :rolleyes:
Canada, for example.

We'd just have to hold out until spring; then their snowball arsenal would malfunction.

#35 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:12 PM

^ Hey, we have empty beer cans, and we're not afraid to use them!

“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#36 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:43 PM

Nick, on Mar 12 2004, 01:35 AM, said:

But not Kerry . . . Kerry favors a weak, anemic America ripe for invasion by the stick-wielding armies of a third world nation . . .
Could well be. Thenagain Kerry seems the sort to want the UN to support any action and would take a stand till the UN said back up a couple of steps.

But that would be based on the actions of LBJ,Carter,Clinton.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2004, John McCain for VP, Bush

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users