• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:44 PM

First heard on Fox News Channel...

Somebody wants not only to disallow them from living in that county, but also to be able to charge them with a crime. And it's the same county that put a teacher on trial for spreading the Devil's insidious propaganda called "evolution". Perhaps someone should suggest to them that they secede...

http://www.news.com....55E1702,00.html

http://www.advocate....712&sd=03/18/04

http://www.365gay.co...4tennCrimes.htm

#2 Eclipse

Eclipse

Preview Guy

• Islander
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:44 PM

Tenn. County Wants to Charge Homosexuals

DAYTON, Tenn. (AP) - The county that was the site of the Scopes "Monkey Trial'' over the teaching of evolution is asking lawmakers to amend state law so the county can charge homosexuals with crimes against nature.

The Rhea County commissioners approved the request 8-0 Tuesday.

Commissioner J.C. Fugate, who introduced the measure, also asked the county attorney to find a way to enact an ordinance banning homosexuals from living in the county.

"We need to keep them out of here,'' Fugate said.

LINK TO STORY

:eek4:
Ashley Edward Miller said:
"Eclipse ...hmmmm .... for a minute, I thought you were someone important,
but, now I remember .... you're just that preview guy."

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:49 PM

What they need to do is to pass a law declaring that idiots, and bigots, like the ones who passed this asinine thing, be barred from public office.

Edited by LORD of the SWORD, 17 March 2004 - 08:52 PM.

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 ArmourMe

ArmourMe
  • Islander
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:51 PM

Oh, no, gays aren't in any danger of discrimination.  Nope.

#5 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:52 PM

See THIS is why there is court involvement in these issues. Because unfortunately TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE GORRAM BIGOTS. It's really THAT simple.  People  suck. :(
Posted Image

#6 ArmourMe

ArmourMe
  • Islander
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:52 PM

ROFLMAO  LotS - I think this is one of those times when hell is available for iceskating :D

#7 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:53 PM

Indeed!!!!!!!!!!   :eek4:  :eek4:  :eek4:  :eek4:  :eek4:
Posted Image

#8 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:54 PM

Agreed  AM, and this nauseates me beyond belief.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#9 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:56 PM

Merging the two threads that deal with this issue...
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#10 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:57 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Mar 17 2004, 08:50 PM, said:

See THIS is why there is court involvement in these issues. Because unfortunately TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE GORRAM BIGOTS. It's really THAT simple.  People  suck. :(
I simply have to ask... What is a GORRAM Bigot? Is it somehow different from your average run of the mill Bigot?  ;)
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#11 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:57 PM

crimes against nature
Not to sound like certain other Ex Islers who shall remain unnamed, but maybe someone should tell those 8 people that inbreeding probably counts under that classification.

#12 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:58 PM

It's Firefly speak for "Goddam bigot"
Posted Image

#13 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:59 PM

ArmourMe, on Mar 17 2004, 08:50 PM, said:

ROFLMAO  LotS - I think this is one of those times when hell is available for iceskating :D
I thought it was getting a bit chilly in here  :p  ;)

#14 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:00 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Mar 17 2004, 08:56 PM, said:

It's Firefly speak for "Goddam bigot"
Gottcha. Thx. Was just curious.

#15 ArmourMe

ArmourMe
  • Islander
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:00 PM

Delvo, on Mar 18 2004, 01:55 AM, said:

crimes against nature
Not to sound like certain other Ex Islers who shall remain unnamed, but maybe someone should tell those 8 people that inbreeding probably counts under that classification.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

*applause!!!!!!*

#16 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:01 PM

ArmourMe, on Mar 17 2004, 05:58 PM, said:

Delvo, on Mar 18 2004, 01:55 AM, said:

crimes against nature
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

*applause!!!!!!*
QUADRUPLE APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :wideeyed:  :wideeyed:  :wideeyed:
Posted Image

#17 ArmourMe

ArmourMe
  • Islander
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:02 PM

LORD of the SWORD, on Mar 18 2004, 01:57 AM, said:

ArmourMe, on Mar 17 2004, 08:50 PM, said:

ROFLMAO  LotS - I think this is one of those times when hell is available for iceskating :D
I thought it was getting a bit chilly in here  :p  ;)
*wraps muffler 'round LotS's neck, hands out skates to all and sundry and enjoys knowing that while we all like to hash out so many things, decency is still decency*

#18 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:03 PM

There should be a law against shoe size IQs. :rolleyes:  :wacko:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#19 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:04 PM

All of us ornery, opinionated, ExIsle pundits appear to be in agreement here.  Does this mean the apocalypse is at hand?

:lol:

-Nick

#20 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:04 PM

Delvo, on Mar 17 2004, 08:55 PM, said:

crimes against nature
You owe me a new monitor Delvo. I spitt my coffee all over it reading your post.

*Adds his applause to the others, as he starts wiping coffee off the monitor*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LGBT, Tennessee, criminalize being gay, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users