ChimaeraCon 2004 report

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:28 PM

We (me'n my Gareth) attended ChimaeraCon 2004 in San Antonio today. We had a great time. We raced down from Austin and got there minutes before Brent Stait was to begin speaking. We registered, found {{{Gilder}}} who walked us over to Brent. We chatted for a few minutes, I gave him a few photos I'd taken of him, him and Gordon last year in Tulsa and a photo of Kevin that I'd heard Kevin wanted. All for him to schlep back to Vancouver... and then I had him sign a photo of him I took at Trek Expo 2003.

We trooped into the media room. Very cosy :). Not too crowded - I even felt a little odd taking photos at first ... we were in the front row and Brent was really close. I had to switch lenses so I could back off a bit! Much closer than I have been at any other con.

I don't take notes ... but he covered how he got into acting, the prep for Rev vs. prep for other shows he's done. He talked about several movies he's done including Mystery Alaska with Russell Crowe. Sounded like he had a blast. He loves to play ice hockey (he was on a Junior team) and he was the goalie in the movie. He hadn't played goalie before and now he *only* plays goalie!

He really had fun in The Virginian too - riding horses across the plains ... doin' cowboy stuff.

He talked about the time his cape caught fire while filming Andromeda. They put out the fire, then reshot a bit and had Tyr blast him with a fire extinguisher. That all got cut - wonder if it's on an outtake roll somewhere?

He talked about other jobs he's had before acting - mining and other assorted hard labor jobs.

I wore my Safari Joe shirt and he mentioned going there and liking it. He talked about going to a London con and how really cool it was to see The Tower of London and other famous landmarks. He really enjoyed seeing the Alamo earlier today too...

He just finished working on a movie ... and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it! Gilder might know tho.

All in all we had a good time. Wish ya'll coulda been there!

Pics (you knew there'd be pics!) are at
http://f1.pg.photos....lbum?.dir=/2a8a

'shana

Edited by Shoshana, 17 April 2004 - 09:31 PM.

#2 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:37 PM

sound like you had a lot of fun!

#3 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:06 AM

Thanks for the report 'Shana :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#4 parisindy

parisindy

Uglier then homemade soup

• Islander
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:08 AM

cool  :cool:
Hope Lives again, serving the pro-Andromeda fandom!!
Totally DBD!

"God bless Einstein, but I had to boost his theory just a little."
-Harper, Decay of the Angel

Remember that a good friend will come and  bail you out of
jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
       "Damn...that was fun!"
Posted Image proud member of the Celtic Kelp... 7672.5 miles and counting Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#5 LittleRedhead

LittleRedhead

Have a Sparky

• Islander
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:01 PM

Very cool Shana. Thanks for the report and posting the photos.
John 3:16

Littleredhead's handle is definitely "Truth in Advertising". - Rov

#6 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 01:58 PM

thanks, Shana!  Very good photos -- as ususal!  ;)
Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users