18 replies to this topic

#1 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:06 AM

http://story.news.ya...pants_too_low_2

I wouldn't mind not having to look at butt cracks any more, but really... :p~
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#2 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:10 AM

What will all of the plumbers do now???!!!???  :eek4:

(Apologies to any plumbers but I couldn't resist)

#3 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:11 PM

I think this is totally ridiculous.

"If the parents won't there ought to be a law?"  Nanny state mentality overflowing much?

Don't get me wrong I think the low slung pants fad is terribly tasteless and ought to fade from sight as fast as possible.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#4 HubcapDave

HubcapDave

Bald is Beautiful!

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:11 PM

Yeah, I can see THIS working real well!

Cops will now carry tape measures with them to see if all citizens are in compliance with hip hugger guidelines. :wacko:

#5 Uncle Sid

Uncle Sid

Highly impressionable

• Islander
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:14 PM

^
Although it is sort of silly, tape measures would not be necessary.  Simply limiting emforcement to the girls whose thongs you could see above the top of the pants would be enough.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

#6 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:18 PM

Oh bull US.  I see as many men/boys with their trousers falling off their hips as I do women/girls.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#7 Uncle Sid

Uncle Sid

Highly impressionable

• Islander
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:21 PM

Okay, make that thongs and boxer shorts.  Meh.  :p
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

#8 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:23 PM

LOL! Good gravy! Don't our elected officials have better things to do?

#9 LJW

LJW
  • Islander
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:24 PM

Will they call this "The Buttcrack Bill?"

#10 Beldame

Beldame
  • Islander
  • 644 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:51 PM

I'd love to see the end of visible cracks (mmm, perhaps I should change that phrasing) and also crop tops on anyone less than very very skinny, skin tight leggings, men in teeny tiny shorts when not actually playing sport and a number of other things, but really! 6 months in jail for flashing your knickers :eek4:
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

(Douglas Adams)

#11 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:55 PM

Shalamar, on Apr 23 2004, 10:16 AM, said:

Oh bull US.  I see as many men/boys with their trousers falling off their hips as I do women/girls.
Well, said, Shal!  I've seen this on men and boys, not necessarily cause it's fashionable though, for years!
Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

#12 eryn

eryn

So, a baby seal walks into a club...

• Islander
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:56 PM

Half the highschool population is screwed.

:p

mystic
If you watch the news and don't like it, then this is your counter program to the news.
Jon Stewart

My Flickr

#13 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:34 PM

Uncle Sid, on Apr 23 2004, 05:19 PM, said:

Okay, make that thongs and boxer shorts.  Meh.  :p
I think that would just get them to stop wearing underwear all together....
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#14 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,225 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:42 PM

Shalamar, on Apr 23 2004, 01:16 PM, said:

True, but guys usually aren't showing off belly or showing off much, and its baggy. And for some reason our culture sees cool/hot studs as ok, but sexy chics as a sin.

You wouldn't believe how many times people think I'm much younger than I am, and its not because my skin is younger looking than it should be at my age - its because I'm short, I don't wear make-up, highheels, tight revealing clothes, etc. Heck, I must be 12 or younger because by the time most girls are 13 they look twenty :p
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#15 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:43 PM

Maybe they'll start cracking down on, untied shoelaces next. :wacko:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#16 parisindy

parisindy

Uglier then homemade soup

• Islander
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:37 PM

thank goodness... i can't find any normal pants all girl pants are 'low cut'
and frankly i'm tired of getting a wedgie!
Hope Lives again, serving the pro-Andromeda fandom!!
Totally DBD!

"God bless Einstein, but I had to boost his theory just a little."
-Harper, Decay of the Angel

Remember that a good friend will come and  bail you out of
jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
       "Damn...that was fun!"
Posted Image proud member of the Celtic Kelp... 7672.5 miles and counting Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#17 UoR11

UoR11
  • Islander
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 01:23 AM

I live in Baton Rouge...pity me. My guess is this is another lawmaker upset by the fact that college students dominate the capital.
Yes, I am an economist. Yes, I do frequently sing "Can't Buy Me Love". No, I don't see any contradiction there.

#18 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 02:12 AM

I have this image of Principal Schneider (Buffy ref but he also played Quark) walking through highschools giving people wedgies to get them to pull their pants up.    :alien:  :devil:  :alien:
Posted Image

#19 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 08:11 AM

Una Salus Lillius, on Apr 24 2004, 03:10 AM, said:

I have this image of Principal Schneider (Buffy ref but he also played Quark) walking through highschools giving people wedgies to get them to pull their pants up.    :alien:  :devil:  :alien:
Actaully, I can see James Tolken's character from the Back to the Future movies, going around calling them all slackers. :lol:  :whistle:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Louisiana, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users