Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

ABC Affiliates Told Not to Air Nightline...

Media TV Nightline ABC

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 schoolpsycho

schoolpsycho
  • Islander
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:15 AM

Hello.

Y'know, I'm as cynical as they come. But, to equate this as irresponsible, or for ratings, or for political purposes is in my opinion so misguided, especially coming from someone who owns TV stations, donates to campaigns, and whose stations might carry some of the most irresponsible journalism there is.

If reading the names of those who have given their lives for their service to their country is irresponsible, political, and ratings driven to some, then it is. But, I feel we owed it to them to have their names and faces shown.

These were real people, some barely out of high school, some veterans of previous wars, from all walks of life. Fathers and sons and mothers and daughters and brothers and sisters and friends and relatives. Some of which came from my area. I'd want to know who gave so I could sit here and type and hear the birds chirping instead of planes dropping bombs, like so many have had to endure.

I think we should have shows for everyone who has given their lives for us, from Vietnan, Korea, WWII, Iraq I and II, and all other wars. Names included whenever possible. Sure, it may take a while to read them all. But, at least we have a while to read.

sp
Love is hard...and all there is.

#62 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 04:48 PM

^Delvo, beautifully said.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Media, TV, Nightline, ABC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users