• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:29 PM

John Kerry's inability to get good ads out after all this time has mystified me.

It looks like he's turning that around. Take a look here:

http://www.johnkerry...etime/index.php

Both are very good pieces of political theatre. They're also avoiding the trap of overusing Vietnam; it's mentioned, but not gratuitiously. Kerry still hasn't found his stride, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

On further review: The ads are a one two punch: The first humanizes Kerry, the second promotes his agenda. Very slick.

Here's media coverage on Kerry's buy: http://news.myway.co...46|reuters.html

Edited by Javert Rovinski, 03 May 2004 - 08:40 PM.

St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:58 PM

How does a multimillionair with a Trust Fund baby of a wife who is worth over a Half a billion dollars know anything in the first person about getting the money toghere to pay the rent or morgage payment .

I know Bush took a risk with the Tax cuts and those have worked.

Folks who have a lot money are investing it they enjoy the benifits of the tax breaks till they sell the investment.

Those who have a little look towards investing in items in a longer frame of time.

Those who do not  invest still buys consumer goods.  That is what the taxs breaks are doing.

The companies with new capital are modernizting or expanding. Two Japanese car companies are building plants in the US so as to be closer to their markets those plants will make jobs. The community will have other jobs to support the inswell of people so thinks are working out for some. Then again that is always the way of the economy.

But take the chances for the companies to reinvest or moderize or make it too uncomfortable for those Japanese companies to build their plants and the reverse happens.

That is what John Kerry as said indirectly if not directly he will do. By making targeted tax cuts so that a certain class of people will have less money to invest and maybe less willingness to do so.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#3 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:27 PM

Javert Rovinski, on May 3 2004, 07:27 PM, said:

John Kerry's inability to get good ads out after all this time has mystified me.

It looks like he's turning that around.
I can't really say "good" or "bad" with ads since I don't usually feel one way or the other myself. But I do notice styles, and the interesting thing here is that his previous ads looked and sounded like ads by and for a Democrat, while these look and sound like ads by and for a Republican. (In fact, if a Republican had done them, it would be so typical it might be an embarassment or an easy target for Democrats to criticize, playing right into their stereotypes of Republicans.) I guess he figures he's rounded up as many left-wing extremists as he can and now it's time to try for "the center".

They're also avoiding the trap of overusing Vietnam; it's mentioned, but not gratuitiously.
:eek: Maybe you copied the wrong link here and this comment is about some other ads that aren't at those links!?! Or maybe they changed the webpage on you... in the two ads I saw, it took 26 out of 60 seconds both times before they mentioned anything else BUT his military career, and in the first one they didn't even switch away immediately but spent about the next 10-15 seconds blending that with his political career under the umbrella concept of "service". Half of the overall ad time being spent on one thing (with his voting record/agenda taking up maybe a sixth of the total) isn't a "mention"; it's the establishment of a theme. (...Especially if Bush was "trying to use 9/11 and the heroes of the day" by putting in a couple of clips totalling a fraction of a second.)

#4 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:37 PM

The ads are very good and reminiscent of the ones that helped him win in Iowa.  And kudos for them to not run away from his role in the anti-Vietnam War protest movement.

However, hearing Teresa Heinz Kerry for the first time was startling, since her purring European accent makes her sound eerily like Irina Derevko from  Alias.
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#5 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:49 PM

Heck, if she were Irina I'd be a lot more confident that Kerry could win.  there's got to be some Raimbaldi trinket that affects voting machines.  :devil:

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2004, John Kerry, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users