• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,695 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:48 PM

*sigh*

In case you missed it, I'm agreeing with you, Lil.  Why are you yelling at me?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#82 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:04 PM

You're agreeing with me?  I know ever said that I accept that what's going on in Iraq is a necessary evil (unsavory as that fact may be), which is the exact impression I'm getting from you.  If that's not your position then please clarify.
Posted Image

#83 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:17 PM

Handmaiden07, on May 11 2004, 11:12 AM, said:

Shoshana, on May 11 2004, 03:07 PM, said:

Wait - give me a chance to jump into my pink asbestos underwear!

From the original article:

In Arizona, male inmates at the Maricopa
County jail in Phoenix are made to wear women's pink underwear as a
form of humiliation.

I was saying that I didn't think that making people in the Phoenix jail wear pink underwear was mistreatment. Not pink underwear for the Iraqi captives! It's pink underwear for prisoners in Phoenix, Ariz!

I never said anything about pink underwear in Iraq. Besides - I haven't seen anything about making Iraqi detainees wear pink underwear.

Nonetheless, upon first reading I did miss the fact that this pink underwear is women's underwear - I was thinking pink boxers or something...
Thank you - I missed that it was the US prisoners being spoken of.  (Although Iraqi prisoners were dressed in women's clothes as well, IIRC)
I missed it as well.  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Prisons, Crime, Punishment, US

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users