Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

American Businessman Executed In Iraq

Terrorism Iraqi Militants Businessman beheaded

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:41 PM

http://story.news.ya...erican_beheaded

I'm in tears, actually...

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 Fire_Storm20

Fire_Storm20

I love the smell of napalm in the moring...

• Islander
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:43 PM

The American who's body was found decapitated was apparently beheaded by a group of five Iraqi Islamic Militants wearing black ski masks, who executed him in response to the Abu Gharib Parison Abuse Scandal.  The video was released through a pro- Al Qaida website today.  
Yahoo has the AP story here --> Beheading Story

:o

Edit:  Attached Picture --> Posted Image
Edit: Forgot to give CNN credit for the pic.

Edited by Fire_Storm20, 11 May 2004 - 01:51 PM.

#3 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:45 PM

Unbelievable.
Posted Image

#4 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:47 PM

Handmaiden07 posted this just a few minutes ago, so if you don't mind I'm going to merge the threads...
Per aspera ad astra

#5 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:49 PM

This is different how from the guy they carved up and took the remains around town and displayed. This before open warfare broke out.  I am very sorry for the guy but claiming it's revenge becasue of the US soldiers actions when they have done this before  in the past proves to me what I thought needed to be done concerning  the insurgants in the first place.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#6 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:00 PM

They can claim all they want that this is a response to the prison situation. But come on and get real, people. These are terrorists. This is what they do. Anything else is politics and excuses.

#7 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:04 PM

Delvo, on May 11 2004, 11:58 AM, said:

They can claim all they want that this is a response to the prison situation. But come on and get real, people. These are terrorists. This is what they do. Anything else is politics and excuses.
Agreed. If it wasn't for this, it would be for the occupation itself or for something Israel-related. Or any old reason, really.

Berg's family said Tuesday they knew their son had been decapitated, but didn't know the details of the killing. When told of the video by an Associated Press reporter, Berg's father, Michael, and his two siblings hugged and cried.

Never let it be said that the press is insensitive... :rolleyes:

As for the crime itself... as usual, I don't know what to say. :(.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#8 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:05 PM

^  Yup.  But let's see, now some overzealous American will decide that this is a reason to up the ante against a prisoner, which will lead to more terrorism disguised as revenge, and so on and so on and so on.
Posted Image

#9 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:06 PM

Leaving out whether or not they are actually retaliating or not... I grieve for the family having to see the death of their loved one on tape, I grieve for the grief the family has gone through trying to figure out what was going on with him, and I grieve (again) for the inhumanity of humanity.

:(:unhappy:

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#10 Rommie's Ronin

Rommie's Ronin

Out Of The Silent Planet

• Islander
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:36 PM

The story here.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- An al Qaeda-linked Web site posted video Tuesday of a man who identified himself as an American and then was beheaded.

His captors said the United States refused to exchange him for prisoners in the Abu Ghraib prison.

The captors also issued a direct statement to President Bush: "The worst is coming and, God willing, the tough days are still to come. You and your soldiers will regret the day that you touched the ground of Iraq."

I'm not even going to say what I'm thinking.
"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been and never will be." ---John Wayne

http://www.smokingse...n.com/swafr.htm

#11 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:42 PM

HM07 and Firestorm20 posted similar threads about this subject a little earlier, so I'm going to merge this one with theirs.

#12 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:42 PM

This is horrible and ugly, but these creeps were beheading people (Danny Pearl and the Russian conscript in Chechnya) long before Abu Ghraib.  They're just using this as a convenient justification.
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#13 Rommie's Ronin

Rommie's Ronin

Out Of The Silent Planet

• Islander
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:47 PM

Ok, somehow I didn't see prior threads on the topic, and I looked. :\

In regards to the subject, some people just can't be reasoned with, it seems.
"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been and never will be." ---John Wayne

#14 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:02 PM

REDACTED.

I also sincerely hope that that the media plays these photos just as prominently as it has the US abuse series. Let's get it all out there.>

EDIT: Kind of a mix so far. Read for yourself <no photos at this link>http://www.guardian....4079541,00.html

Edited by Javert Rovinski, 11 May 2004 - 11:41 PM.

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#15 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:11 PM

Rov, the top link is broken or the page has been removed.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#16 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:15 PM

Redacted.

Edited by Javert Rovinski, 11 May 2004 - 11:41 PM.

#17 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:10 PM

bastards.
"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?"

- Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#18 Rommie's Ronin

Rommie's Ronin

Out Of The Silent Planet

• Islander
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:34 PM

I agree Rov, let's show the nastiness on TV.  CBS showed some of the video this evening, cut the video feed right before the decapitation, but continued the sound.

Let's show it so the whole world knows we're not the only murderous assholes on the planet.

#19 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:54 PM

I heard it said long before September Eleventh 2001 that maybe we'd be more hesitant about real violence if we'd seen more of it on TV in the news, because rather than desensetizing, it simply reveals the nastiness on a level that those without experience can't imagine without being shown, so without it we're left without complete awareness of what such stuff is really like. There's even supposed to be an inverse correlation between a country's willingness to show the bad stuff in the news and its willingness to use military force of its own.

Edited by Delvo, 11 May 2004 - 10:17 PM.

#20 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:56 PM

....There are no words just a pain so deep.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terrorism, Iraqi Militants, Businessman beheaded

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users