#121 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:10 PM

Splutter and ROTFLMAO
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#122 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:14 PM

Cyberhippie, on May 14 2004, 11:05 AM, said:

And the british royals are shapechanging Illuminati Lizards (or so said a consipracy program i saw over christmas)
He might not be royal, but Keith Richards is definitely in on the conspiracy.

View the Lizard King!

#123 Beldame

Beldame
  • Islander
  • 644 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:30 PM

According to this, all world leaders, including President Bush, are giant illuminati lizards and are part of a scheme for world control. If you want to see more go to www.davidicke.com. Pour a stiff drink before reading...
The Osama is innocent idea features on here too, which makes me wonder if this latest conspiracy thing comes from the same sources.
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

(Douglas Adams)

#124 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:34 PM

Erm, having clicked..make that 2 stiff drinks....
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#125 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:53 PM

Dicke has a website?!?!?! Day-AYM

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#126 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:37 PM

Lord Ravensburg, on May 13 2004, 08:40 PM, said:

Rhea,  I hope you are not implying that my anger at this individual somehow has a correlation to racial bigotry.

Beldame said:

The people who comitted this brutal act were able to do so because they did not see their victim as a fellow human being but 'an infidel' and 'an American'. Tolerance and understanding are alien to their world-view and everyone who does not share their ideas is an enemy, even ordinary Muslims.

And then she went on to say that's true on our side, too - and that intolerance comes when you start pigeonholing a race or group of people with an essentially faceless label. A number of us were agreeing with her, then came your post:

Sometimes a spade is a spade, regardless of the eloquence of speeches on the importance of mutual understanding.

I think you can probably see why I saw your post as a form of intolerance.

Edited by Rhea, 14 May 2004 - 05:29 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#127 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:11 PM

Cyberhippie, on May 14 2004, 02:51 PM, said:

Dicke has a website?!?!?! Day-AYM
Yeah but, he still doesn't know dick. :lol:  :lol:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#128 eryn

eryn

So, a baby seal walks into a club...

• Islander
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:28 PM

achile444, on May 14 2004, 10:49 AM, said:

Some contradiction occurs

Read this:

http://www.montrealr...ad.php?t=114426
Uh-huh, yeah, sure.

:rolleyes:

mystic
If you watch the news and don't like it, then this is your counter program to the news.
Jon Stewart

My Flickr

#129 Lord Ravensburg

Lord Ravensburg

All your lightsabers are belong to me

• Islander
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:20 PM

Taken to IM.

#130 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,094 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:17 AM

As sad and as brutal as it was, it gave me a couple of bad dreams about it a few days later, after I saw the graphic footage...  (thank god they used a crappy camera to film it, otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to have taken it further.) :( :(

One of those dreams, I ended up forgetting about, and the other one had a bit of a twist.  Dr. David Banner was the prisoner and he turned into The Incredible Hulk before they could cut off his head.  I guess you could say the hulk scared them 'sh*teless' (no pun intended).   Gives a whole new meaning on WMD's.  A P'd Off Hulk.  "Huuulk SMMAAAAAASH Puny Terrorists!!!!"  Hulk BAASH Al Queda!!!!"  I mean, 5 Al-Queda terrorist executioners trying to hold down The Incredible Hulk for beheading is like ending up on the wrong side of an argument with a semi-tractor trailer coming full speed...  I DON'T THINK SO!!! ;)

I apologize if that sounded rather twisted, but I DID in fact state that it was a dream.

DS.

"Harry S. Truman said that he felt like a bale of hay fell on him.

I feel like I got the whole damn barn."

Darren "Condor" McGavin - "By Dawn's Early Light"

HBO TV Movie - 1990

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#131 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 04:43 AM

(Via The Agonist.)

EXECUTION: FOUR HELD

Four people are being held over the beheading of American Nicholas Berg, Iraq sources have told the AFP news agency.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terrorism, Iraqi Militants, Businessman beheaded

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users