• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:04 AM

There are parts of the Patriot Act that have the possibility of being used to restrict freedoms. But act also allows for the better cooridnation between parts of the Federal Government that was priviously prohibited and/or needed legislation to allow for the coordination to happen.

The values to me are shown in the fact that people come to us for help. I cannot recall the last time Germany sent us a forgien aid package?  France since maybe the war of 1812?  Russia? We give the help and rarely ask anything in return. Before it was shown to be a corrupt and near worthless thing the UN usually had our troops in it's peacekeeping forces.(Unless the country they were going into asked for us NOT to come along)

We have willingness to stand by friends when the two of us are the only two folks willing to make a stand. Koslovo was such a place. France where were they? Germany? They were not willing to help infact they were perpared for more ethnic cleansing. After all they were only Albainians not like it was a citizen of their country.

Which brings me to a point. Europe for all it's good points has one negative point. You move from Germany to France and you and your children will always be Germans. If you move to the US you might be a German your children will be Americans we are a melting pot that,with some problems from time to time,anyone can be accepted among us. Reguardless of faith or national origin.

Scoff at the pretty words as you will but we at least have that willingness to try. Is the same true of anyplace else?
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#82 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:03 PM

Although politics is a pleasure for me, I must be departing for the final time. I've run afoul of someone in Reviews, and must go.

I will say that every speech by Al Gore should be posted. Examined. Discussed. What he says in this speech is 100% in line with the DNC, the Democrat leaders, and the presumptive nominee John Kerry.

Every voter should see what's in this speech, if not the speeches by Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd. Then their decision in 2004 could not be clearer. That's what I take from is, and it is a positive message. Farewell.

-Ogami

#83 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:39 PM

Ogami, on Jun 1 2004, 05:01 PM, said:

Although politics is a pleasure for me, I must be departing for the final time. I've run afoul of someone in Reviews, and must go.
Oh, get back here. If I left every time someone here pissed me off, my post count would be down in the double-digits.
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#84 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,157 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 01:01 PM

Got a new sig out of this thread.
Can't Touch This!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Al Gore, MoveOn, Anti-Bush, Politics-American

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users