Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Why did the chicken cross the road in OT?

OT Humor 2004

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 07:07 PM

I never bother with heartlandblogger, Cardie. His sources are questionable at best.  :cool:
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#22 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:03 PM

Cardie, on Jun 13 2004, 03:21 PM, said:

Or, in that vein, CJ:  "That chicken had better cross the road.  The new Apaches are armed with advanced generation heat-seeking missiles that can blow the giblets out of a fryer at a hundred mile range."
I would say the B-2 would be a better standoff chicken buster than the Apache. ;)
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#23 Shaun

Shaun
  • Islander
  • 788 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:35 PM

ROTFL!!

You're so bad, in a good way. :)
Shaun
Veni, vidi, vici

#24 tennyson

tennyson
  • Islander
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:38 PM

Well, I am detail oriented, in my opinion it is best to know both the forest and the trees if at all possible.
"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."

— Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" Babylon-5

#25 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:45 PM

*snort*  :lol:
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#26 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:50 PM

How did I miss this thread! LOL!  BRILLIANT! LOL! :lol:

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#27 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:06 AM

Snicker :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#28 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:26 AM

ROTFLOL...

Greatest.  OT Thread.  Ever.
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#29 Cauda

Cauda

~~~~~~~~~~~>

• Islander
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:48 AM

LOL! very funny!

(at first I thought that "edited out at G's request" was what you had there originally)  :suspect:
An enigma, wrapped up in a riddle, with a tail in the middle.

#30 emsparks

emsparks
  • Forever Missed
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:22 AM

I see that in discussing the afore mentioned chicken, no one has talked about the over all psychological state of once penned chickens suffering from Stockholm syndrome, or the genetic propensity of chickens to peck at the pebbles in the asphalt, to fill their steroid abused gullets.

Sparky::

Edited by emsparks, 14 June 2004 - 07:28 AM.

Sparky::

Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.

#31 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:28 AM

LOLOL :D
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#32 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:31 AM

Cardie, on Jun 13 2004, 07:47 PM, said:

Una Salus Lillius: Itís nobodyís gorram business whether a chicken crosses the road or why.  Sheesh, people.  It felt like crossing the road, so it did.  Thereís no law that says chickens have to explain their motives for moving, although there are plenty of conservatives who would like to pass one. Iíll bet that chicken feels just like Mal Reynolds every time he has to deal with the Alliance.
*snork* I saw that coming, however.

#33 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:51 AM

You people are even crazier than I thought!! :D :D :D :D

#34 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:59 AM

FlatlandDan, on Jun 13 2004, 11:24 PM, said:

ROTFLOL...

Greatest.  OT Thread.  Ever.
You're gorram right it is!  ;)
Posted Image

#35 Fire_Storm20

Fire_Storm20

I love the smell of napalm in the moring...

• Islander
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:01 AM

Looks like you need an AutoRov:  ExIsle

-- :cool:  :p

#36 JadziaDax

JadziaDax

E.I.'s resident insomniac

• Islander
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:15 AM

LOL...you know, if I was on the list it would be like this:

*reads thread, goes to LJ and posts a huge rant about the thread and then her reponse to everyone under a cut tag*

Which is what I usually do ;) I don't always have the guts to post in here.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

#37 Iolanthe

Iolanthe

Jon's evil liberal twin

• Islander
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:12 PM

Mine would probably be a long-winded screed on the etymology of the word "chicken," with backup from the OED, and some equally pompous comments on the classical or medieval origins of the chicken-crossing-road archetype (no doubt with an obscure reference to the Tudor Homilies or something thrown in).

But then, I don't post much in OT. In fact, that's probably the reason -- who wants to hear about that? ;)
"Many have an Opinion not wise; That for a Prince to Governe his Estate; Or for a Great Person to governe his Proceedings, according to the Respect of Factions, is a Principall Part of Policy..." -- Sir Francis Bacon, Essayes or Counsell Civil and Morall
"You really do have a squee problem, you know that, right?" -- John
Visit Dangerously Slow Productions @ http://www.dsproductions.org Status: Complete. Go listen to the play! And coming soon, Henry IV, Part I, now in production!

#38 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:46 PM

Cardie, on Jun 13 2004, 02:47 PM, said:

Lord of the Sword: WTF!  They made that chicken cross the road to get to the other side?!?  In the meantime, the former Mayor, who ought to have gotten 25 to life for everything he stole from the city, has everything he wants from the other side brought over to him by the cops.  Of course, the chicken at least got to cross the road unmolested.  My second cousin was crossing it one time and got a ticket for jay-walking.  And that chicken was an illegal immigrant.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Now for the reply...you knew there would be a reply, didn't you?  ;)  :p

WTF! The Mayor only got 25 to life, he should be put to death for making the chicken cross the road!

LMAO

Nice going Cardie.

*Still laughing over here*
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#39 Enmar

Enmar

a Sabra

• Islander
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:12 PM

ROFLOL :hehe: This is priceless :lol:
Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT, Humor, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users