7 replies to this topic

#1 Corwin

Corwin

fortitudo ac honor

• Islander
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:07 PM

http://www.suntimes....dt-novak15.html
"The Enemy is upon us, so Lock and Load, Brothers.  The Emperor Calls and the Forces of Chaos must be driven back.  Though all of us will fall, none of us shall fail!"

#2 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:37 PM

Yeah just what I expected. The weapons the DNC is using are such that they will throw everything at Bush and not face up to the fact that they are using lies.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#3 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:05 PM

Some may wonder why a few of us (okay maybe just me) are so fired up by these revelations that Joe Wilson is a big fat liar.

The reason is that Wilson's lies gave birth to the constant refrain from the Democrats that "Bush*tler Lied!" And Mr. Kerry continues to support Mr. Wilson in spite of the fact that he's now been shown to be nothing but a political partisan. (As well as a big fat liar.)

The press also made much hay over the "sixteen words," and now that it's been shown that the press was sorely misled--lied to, if you prefer bluntness--I wonder if we'll see more mea culpas from the NY Times for using bad sources. Somehow I doubt it. Buried in the back of Section B if at all.
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#4 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:12 PM

Section F after Prostitute Outcall ads.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#5 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:08 PM

The most damning paragraphs:

For a year, Democrats have been belaboring President Bush about 16 words in his 2003 State of the Union address in which he reported Saddam Hussein's attempt to buy uranium from Africa, based on British information. Wilson has been lionized in liberal circles for allegedly contradicting this information on a CIA mission and then being punished as a truth-teller. Now, for committee Democrats, it is as though the Niger question and Joe Wilson have vanished from the Earth.

and

The committee found that the CIA report, based on Wilson's mission, differed considerably from the former ambassador's description to the committee of his findings. That report ''did not refute the possibility that Iraq had approached Niger to purchase uranium.'' As far as his statement to the Washington Post about ''forged documents'' involved in the alleged Iraqi attempt to buy uranium, Wilson told the committee he may have ''misspoken.'' In fact, the intelligence community agreed that ''Iraq was attempting to procure uranium from Africa.''

finally

The normally mild Roberts is harsh in his condemnation: ''Time and again, Joe Wilson told anyone who would listen that the president had lied to the American people, that the vice president had lied, and that he had 'debunked' the claim that Iraq was seeking uranium from Africa. . . . [N]ot only did he NOT 'debunk' the claim, he actually gave some intelligence analysts even more reason to believe that it may be true.'' Roberts called it ''important'' for the committee to declare much of what Wilson said ''had no basis in fact.'' In response, Democrats were silent.

Is there still time for Michael Moore to make all these corrections in his DVD "Director's Cut"? The Democrats have let their wacko fringe determine the tone and tenor of their entire group, how the mighty have fallen.

-Ogami

#6 Shaun

Shaun
  • Islander
  • 788 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:50 PM

Isn't Novak the guy who published the name of Wilson's wife in the first place?  Hardly what I would call an unbiased or credible source.

As for Pat Roberts, well, much the same.
Shaun
Veni, vidi, vici

#7 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:10 PM

Shaun, on Jul 15 2004, 09:48 PM, said:

Isn't Novak the guy who published the name of Wilson's wife in the first place?  Hardly what I would call an unbiased or credible source.

As for Pat Roberts, well, much the same.
Well, for that matter, Wilson himself is proven to be rather partisan and has zero credibility.

But read the article for Novak's explanation.

Edited by Drew, 15 July 2004 - 10:10 PM.

"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#8 Shaun

Shaun
  • Islander
  • 788 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:38 PM

Wilson has responded with the following letter.

The Senate's bad intelligence
Former Ambassador Joseph Wilson demands that Republican members of the Senate Intelligence Committee set the record straight.

July 16, 2004 

Editor's note: Last week, the Senate Intelligence Committee released its report on the U.S. intelligence community's prewar assessments on Iraq. An appendix discusses the role taken by former ambassador Joseph C. Wilson in determining whether Iraq had obtained uranium from Niger. The following is Wilson's letter to the Senate Intelligence Committee pointing to errors in the Republican senators' additional comments to the report and demanding corrections.

http://www.salon.com...ter/index1.html

Edited by Shaun, 16 July 2004 - 12:38 PM.

Shaun
Veni, vidi, vici

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Valerie Plame leak, Joe Wilson, Bush's 16 words, SotU Speech 2003, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users