Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Assassin. As a career?

Culture Assassin Career?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: If you had the chance, would you want to be an assassin? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

If you had the chance, would you want to be an assassin?

1. Yes (11 votes [26.19%])

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

2. No (28 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. Not Sure (3 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:20 PM

It's the kind of job, that'll leave you hanging. ;)
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#42 Happy Phantom

Happy Phantom

Chasing nuns out in the yard

• Islander
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:20 PM

Nope!
<~~~Rebekah, Viper pilot. Callsign: "Flash"

And if I die today I'll be the happy phantom. And I will never need umbrellas in the rain. - "Happy Phantom", Tori Amos

Lee and Kara | River Tam | Simon Tam | Beka Valentine | Legolas | Charlie Eppes

Formerly BekaMP3

#43 LaughingVulcan

LaughingVulcan

Isn't it about time you got a little more LV in your life?

• Islander
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:04 PM

Of course, we're assuming that by saying yes or maybe that we'd be good enough to make the cut.
Posted Image
Nikki's Loving LV.  Property of the PPD.  Aka "Mr. Peppermint"
The Vulcan-Pixie alliance is strong.

#44 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:01 AM

If knot, there'd be plenty of time to tie up the loose ends.... :Oo:
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#45 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:18 PM

Nick, on Jul 26 2004, 04:41 PM, said:

Imagine you're a King, Queen, Emperor, Empress, etc.  Would you order the assasination of another human being?  How about declare a war? Order someone executed?  Imprisoned for life?

And what circumstances (if any) would warrant these choices . . . and how does one differ from another (i.e. Execution vs. Assisination)?

-Nick
Yes, as I king/emperor I would have no problem, whatsoever, of ordering someone assassinated, declare war, ect. If the situation called for it...then so be it.

As for what cicumstances....treason comes to mind. Then you have those that are planning against you...similar to saddam or Osama.

As for the difference between assassination and execution...one is a public acknowledgment of the act, while the other isn't.

And you people absolutely assassinated this poll with those puns  ;)  :p
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#46 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:23 PM

^^^You're not suggesting that, we killed the thread? ;)
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#47 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:02 AM

I want an Amp of Appy and one of BunRab in this thread. IV push. Stat!  Prepare one of ArmorMe and hold it ready. Charge to 300. CLEAR!

Hey, I just realized that that obnoxious 'Primum non nocere' (Do no harm) rule doesn't say anything about Cause no Annoyance

#48 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:41 PM

I guess we made a hit out this thread. :)
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#49 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

I think that displays extreme prejudice, G. :D  I'm not sure we can sanction that.

#50 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

Well, if I had a choice, I would do it but the contract would be only on my terms.

I would do it only if the situation warranted it.  Those that would be considered a critical target for assassination would be those that:

- they believe they are above the laws of modern civilized society and have no remorse for their reprehensable actions towards another party or partys.

- are tied to terrorism like Bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein

- are a immenent risk to national security, i.e. committing acts of high treason

Of course, saying that is one thing.  Being able to do it is another thing and being able to live with yourself thinking you made the right decision is the hardest part.

DS

"Harry S. Truman said that he felt like a bale of hay fell on him.

I feel like I got the whole damn barn."

Darren "Condor" McGavin - "By Dawn's Early Light"

HBO TV Movie - 1990

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Culture, Assassin, Career?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users