Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:03 PM

http://www.nypost.co...ntary/28189.htm

BILL 'N' HILL OUT OF LIP SYNCH AS THE PARTY'S ODD COUPLE
By ANDREA PEYSER
July 27, 2004

Bill arrived before 9 p.m. and began holding court at one end of the VIP room. Hillary spotted him and wafted over to his side. And as I watched, in amazement, the pair who have been wed more than 20 years engaged in one of those embarrassing physical misunderstandings that usually occur between strangers.

Hillary leaned in to Bill's face, and he responded by giving her a little kiss. But Hillary completely bypassed her hubby's willing orifice, and instead moved her own maw up to his ear, into which she whispered, curtly, "That's John's brother."

Bill looked momentarily confused.

"John Kerry's brother!" she said sharply, and she pointed Bill in the direction of Cameron Kerry.

And then she was gone.

It was plain as the embarrassment on Bill Clinton's face. The power sinew that has joined this couple has changed.

Bill lingered in the VIP room for a long while, chatting, signing his memoir, posing for pictures. At one point, he placed his hand on my bare shoulder.

That last part sounds promising. Perhaps Bill was looking for some physical connection that Hillary hasn't provided for some time? This power couple is too much.

-Ogami

#2 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:15 PM

uhm, isn't this an example of an ad hominem attack against the clinton's as per Rhys's threads descriptions.

Who cares if their marriage is a bit rocky, what does that have to do with their politics? :confused:

#3 gaius claudius

gaius claudius

I'm bringing the sexy back!!

• Islander
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:21 PM

1st off...its reported by the NY Post...nuff said

2nd..What in the name of God (if he existed) does this have to do with....anything
the basis of this story seems to be...he was going for a peck on the cheek while she was trying to tell him something  :wacko:

It hardly means the marriage is in trouble...or is going along swimingly...it means nothing..that kind of misccommunication sometimes happens with couples :blush:

I not attacking anyone...I just don't see how this is newsworthy..or even worth mentioning

gc   :devil:
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance that does harm.
- Marcus Aurelius

King Mob 42

#4 prolog

prolog

The Merry Programmer

• Islander
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:25 PM

Cyberhippie, on Jul 28 2004, 05:13 PM, said:

Who cares if their marriage is a bit rocky, what does that have to do with their politics? :confused:
Ogami, and nothing.

#5 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:26 PM

Even for a bit of gossipy NY Post stuff, it's weak. Perhaps not even worthy of Wonkette.
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#6 prolog

prolog

The Merry Programmer

• Islander
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:28 PM

What's Wonkette?

#7 gaius claudius

gaius claudius

• Islander
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:39 PM

prolog, on Jul 28 2004, 01:26 PM, said:

What's Wonkette?
  Wonkette is the supercool, sometimes dirty. very funny weblog run by Ana Marie Cox (on the left)...former editor of The American Prospect...usually deals with Washington Beltway gossip and a lot of political satire

gc     :devil:
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance that does harm.
- Marcus Aurelius

King Mob 42

#8 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:09 PM

Cyberhippie wrote:

uhm, isn't this an example of an ad hominem attack against the clinton's as per Rhys's threads descriptions. Who cares if their marriage is a bit rocky, what does that have to do with their politics?

LOL

WTF? (What the Fudge) How is it an attack against anyone, this is hilarious stuff.

How is it an "Ad Hominem" attack to notice the frosty relationship between Bill and Hillary? Oh I forgot, American politics are foreign to you.

This is common knowledge in this country, sorry to break the news to you.

-Ogami

#9 gaius claudius

gaius claudius

• Islander
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

Ogami, on Jul 28 2004, 02:07 PM, said:

WTF? (What the Fudge) How is it an attack against anyone, this is hilarious stuff.
Hmmmmmm..somewhat tedious and silly...not so much with the funny...

- Marcus Aurelius

King Mob 42

#10 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:30 PM

Gaius wrote:

It hardly means the marriage is in trouble...or is going along swimingly...it means nothing..that kind of misccommunication sometimes happens with couples

Hmmm, so no one has heard anything about any distance at all between these two? They don't see each other for months at a time.

I'm shocked that no one cares about the well-being of these two. I hate to see anyone stuck in an unhappy marriage. Why doesn't Hillary divorce him?

-Ogami

#11 Jazzer

Jazzer

Here I am

• Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:38 PM

It's all part of the political circus going on, which is entertaining at times.  

Why Hillary has never divorced Bill is a mystery to me, too.
Unanswered questions aren't nearly as dangerous as unquestioned answers.

#12 gaius claudius

gaius claudius

• Islander
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:47 PM

Ogami, on Jul 28 2004, 02:28 PM, said:

Gaius wrote:

It hardly means the marriage is in trouble...or is going along swimingly...it means nothing..that kind of misccommunication sometimes happens with couples

Hmmm, so no one has heard anything about any distance at all between these two? They don't see each other for months at a time.

I'm shocked that no one cares about the well-being of these two. I hate to see anyone stuck in an unhappy marriage. Why doesn't Hillary divorce him?

-Ogami
Maybe she loves him...maybe she doesn't and its just convenient....the only thing for sure is that no one can know what goes on between a couple except that couple...I would assume that even if they're not close as they once were (which I would say is a big 'if') then obviously they have some kind of abiding relationship that neither wants to give up

- Marcus Aurelius

King Mob 42

#13 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:48 PM

Gauis, what if Bill had tried to slap a "Gore mauling" kiss on her, like Al does to Tipper?

You really don't think Bill would be in traction?

I think he got off lightly.

-Ogami

#14 Jazzer

Jazzer

Here I am

• Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:58 PM

Ogami wrote:  

Gauis, what if Bill had tried to slap a "Gore mauling" kiss on her, like Al does to Tipper?

You really don't think Bill would be in traction?

I think he got off lightly.

LOL!  The only reason I think she might hesitate to "put Bill in traction" is if she was aware of camaras rolling.
Unanswered questions aren't nearly as dangerous as unquestioned answers.

#15 gaius claudius

gaius claudius

• Islander
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:23 PM

I think there's no way to tell what's going on between them...although I do honestly believe that if she didn't want to be there..she probably wouldn't be...politics or not..

Hell who knows...maybe they're in counseling...maybe there working it out...we'll probably never know..

- Marcus Aurelius

King Mob 42

#16 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:38 PM

I don't give a rodent's hindquarters about the state of Bill and Hillary's marriage. It's no business of mine if they have an "open marriage." I couldn't be less interested if I tried.

But I do worry about a Commander in Chief who puts more time and energy trying to cover up his marital indiscretions than worrying about catching Osama bin Laden. (The 9/11 Commission report reveals that Bill passed up his chance to get Osama at least four separate times.) We didn't give him the job so he could get girls easier.

As for Al and Tipper; maybe they're just that way. My wife and I can be rather sloppy in public.  :love:  

I mean, good for Al if someone actually loves him. Maybe one day Tipper will melt the ice around his cold, robotic heart.

Edited by Drew, 28 July 2004 - 02:41 PM.

"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#17 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:43 PM

I know I'm going to sound like a sanctimonious prig, but... this thread sucks.  Divorce sucks, and we don't know a thing about any of their hearts. :(

HM07

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#18 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:47 PM

Handmaiden wrote:

I know I'm going to sound like a sanctimonious prig, but... this thread sucks. Divorce sucks, and we don't know a thing about any of their hearts.

Sure we do, it's all in the Starr report.

-Ogami

#19 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:17 PM

Tiresome thread. I wasn't interested in the state of the Clintons' marriage years ago, and I'm not now -- though I have occasionally, casually wondered why she never divorced him, when he so royally deserved it.

With all the Clinton-bashing of this nature that has gone on for years, why are people surprised that the same tactics have been used on Bush? I mean, when one side can't do *anything* right according to some, why should the other side be allowed to get away with any mistakes? I'm not saying it's fair (although maybe it is in a twisted way -- "turnabout is fair play" as an old saying goes); I'm saying it's politics. :barf:
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#20 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:25 PM

Is it bashing to watch these two people in a creepy non-marriage, and wonder what's going on?

On the other hand, perhaps they have the ideal marriage. They do spend the majority of each year far far apart from each other.  :eek2:

-Ogami

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Politics, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users