183 replies to this topic

#181 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:02 PM

AKAJipster, on Aug 23 2004, 08:44 AM, said:

I've made a couple of quick update to main con report - I finally remembered the song GMW chose to best sum up Harper 'Bad Moon Rising' by Creedence Clearwater Rivival,
Excellent song choice one of my all time favourites.  GMW has such good taste in music, now if he also likes the Beach Boys my joy will be complete.
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#182 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 02:10 PM

Harper's Pixie, on Aug 24 2004, 01:38 AM, said:

I mean when you live in Tennessee, have no car, and are underage....there's no going to see Gordon in all his glory..I mean I think the closest convention was in like California...
Where do you live in Tennessee?  (I'm in Nashville.) There's a Vulkon scheduled for Nashville soon - all Voyager people, I think.  Sales don't look strong, though....

I've just spent my lunch hour reading this thread and reliving memories!!!  I just got back from London Monday night after missing flights in DC and taking Tuesday off to sleep.  I hope I can check out the individual sites tonight.

I must say I expected a lot more pointed questions to Kevin that didn't materialize - must've been that magnetism CH keeps referring to!!  That or this group accepted from his comments that he really doesn't have all that much say in things!  Now if Engels had been there....

Bacic is NOTHING like his character and has gained lots of new fans just by being so totally nuts on stage.  Gordon was great talking about the ins and outs of writing for tv.  Glad to read more reports of his second talk - I had to miss half of it.  I didn't know the story behind the GMW shirt but certainly noticed it and thought it was great!  I had to miss part of Gordon because I was involved in dithering with the organizers about when Sabina and I would get to do our interview with Kevin for his site - she was to do the interview and I was doing the photos. It kept getting rescheduled and finally happened after the Sunday photo sessions.  Nothing new about the show; mostly personal.  Should be up at kevinsorbo.net eventually.

The three obviously have a great working relationship and friendship and the three together were a riot.  Seemed like a great time was had by all, on and off stage.  I'm glad I got to meet some of you; wish I could have been with two or three groups over the weekend!  

Guess I have to go back to work....

Themis
Cats will never be extinct!

#183 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:38 PM

AKAJipster, on Aug 22 2004, 01:39 PM, said:

Just a quick note to say...

My convention report is NOW COMPLETE - I have added bits here and there to what I had already published, so do check if you have time, I think, other than a few gaps that I hope my mate Denise will fill for me, this is the completed version of the report as best as I can remember!  if I make further additions that are of importance, I will obviously let you know - but as it is, I think its a fairly good account of last weekend (is it a week ago already??!)

http://www.jipster.co.uk/dromcon.htm
Wow!  Even if I wasn't with the EI group most of the time, I love your report!!  So much so that I'm expending vast quantities of ink and paper to print it out.  It really brings back all the talks and reminded me of many momentarily forgotten details - it'll help until the video comes along!

Themis
Cats will never be extinct!

#184 Harper's Pixie

Harper's Pixie

No day but today!

• Islander
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:55 PM

Themis said:

Where do you live in Tennessee? (I'm in Nashville.) There's a Vulkon scheduled for Nashville soon - all Voyager people, I think. Sales don't look strong, though....
I live in Johnson City, which is in east Tennessee. So It's kinda hard to get up the money and the travel partners to go to a convention....and sadly I'm not really into Star Trek...I'd love to go to Comic-Con...that would be the greatest thing ever...and one day I will! :D
"There is no future....there is no past....I live this moment as my last! No day but today!" ~ From Jonathon Larson's RENT.

Posted Image
If only it were true....I wouldn't complain all the time about being single!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users