• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#21 maryavatar

maryavatar

Peachy

• Islander
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 05:35 PM

Ha ha!  The 'Get Harper Laid' badges have been a real hit!  So many people have stopped me and asked for one.  I brought about 50 with me and about 2/3 are gone already.  GMW burst out laughing, took one and promised to wear it today.  He didn't, BTW :(  Steve laughed and refused to take one, and Kevin asked for one and immediately pinned it to his shirt  :lol:

I'm having a blast, and so far the weekend has been almost entirely hangover and vomit-free.  Score!

I'll leave everyone else to leave proper con reports, because I'm crap at remembering anything.  The only thing I really remember about the Q&A was clairseach giving GMW a little Harper model she'd made.  He kept talking to it during the Q&A.

Oh, and Steve made funny voices while I was getting my group pic taken, and I cracked up.  My pic is evil.  I must scan it in and share it with the world.

And now... back to the bar  :blush:
"When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name.'"

#22 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 05:48 PM

Sounds like you're having a good time.  :p

#23 parisindy

parisindy

Uglier then homemade soup

• Islander
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:25 PM

your missing a few details i want to know about guys... i may grill you when you get back LMAO

:love:
Hope Lives again, serving the pro-Andromeda fandom!!
Totally DBD!

"God bless Einstein, but I had to boost his theory just a little."
-Harper, Decay of the Angel

Remember that a good friend will come and  bail you out of
jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
       "Damn...that was fun!"
Posted Image proud member of the Celtic Kelp... 7672.5 miles and counting Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#24 AKAJipster

AKAJipster

GMWmb Admin

• Islander
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:35 PM

parisindy, on Aug 15 2004, 12:23 AM, said:

your missing a few details i want to know about guys... i may grill you when you get back LMAO

:love:
yes GMW is very huggable Paris.... ;)
Posted Image
Facebook | Woolvett bros

#25 parisindy

parisindy

• Islander
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:44 PM

the hair what about the hair!!!  :wideeyed:

what did he think of the book and the shirt??!!

did you chat ??? ... did you do that thing you were going to do yet!!??

I want to hear more about the spoilers

Bounce bounce bounce!!

Posted Image

Edited by parisindy, 14 August 2004 - 06:46 PM.

Totally DBD!

"Damn...that was fun!"
Posted Image proud member of the Celtic Kelp... 7672.5 miles and counting Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#26 parisindy

parisindy

• Islander
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:12 PM

Jips come back you can't leave e now!!! Gaaah I need details!!!!

*swoon*thud*
Totally DBD!

"Damn...that was fun!"

Posted Image

#27 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:13 PM

That is just MEAN. :p
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#28 parisindy

parisindy

• Islander
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:15 PM

Josh, on Aug 14 2004, 06:11 PM, said:

That is just MEAN. :p
I know then she leaves!! With out explaining anything!!!  :eek4:  :hehe:  :eek4:

OOO she's in for a tribbling!!! I wonder if i e-mail one to red if she'll do it for me?

Edited by parisindy, 14 August 2004 - 07:17 PM.

Totally DBD!

"Damn...that was fun!"

Posted Image

#29 Qwerty

Qwerty

Brighter than a Jesus Night Light

• Islander
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:55 PM

AKAJipster, on Aug 13 2004, 09:05 PM, said:

CH first comment to him as he sat down and made himself comfortable was 'I don't like you' and we all nervously laughed...
  :lol:

I can see him doing that, too. SB is a good sport, at least.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 LaughingVulcan

LaughingVulcan

Isn't it about time you got a little more LV in your life?

• Islander
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 09:38 PM

^ :lol: Paris at the GIF!

What a :cool: time y'all are having.  Great reading about it!

-LV
Posted Image
Nikki's Loving LV.  Property of the PPD.  Aka "Mr. Peppermint"
The Vulcan-Pixie alliance is strong.

#31 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 09:59 PM

Claire (Rommiesvoice) came in a Rommie costume.  Unfortunately none of the guys came back this evening to party.  I hope that she will put it on again on Sunday so that everyone can see it.   Sad to say that there was no forcelance available at the auction, but the sight of Kevin bending over in those pants will be etched on my mind for a while to come.LOL :p   Steve has made my day by noticing that I lost weight since we last met.  :upside:  :love:
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#32 Mercurys Winter

Mercurys Winter

Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:01 PM

Awwww for the bus for Rogan :D  That was sweet LRH :D

- I don't know if this is related but GMW also reveals Harper having a rash in one episode....

*snicker*

yes GMW is very huggable Paris....

I must hate you now :p~  ;)  j/k and she knows it :D
To visit the Command Deck Fan Fiction Archive, click on my banner:

Posted Image

#33 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:01 AM

as a side note, i was dissapointed about not being included in the harperchondriacs booklet. I know i don't post much, but I was a founding member and all. ah well

on to the con. A few thoughts from the talks, steve Bacic (Ba- shiek-shh) is far funnier than i expected him to be, especially given the characters i've seen him play (as Gordon would later remark, Gordon's line is about at his shoulder height, kevin's is somewhere above Gordon's head (because he's so tall) and Steve's is somewhere down by Gordon's knees :p)

The lack of a dealers room really bummed me out.

Gordon was his usuall amusing self and once the topic got of the bubblegum bot and his chocolate sauce fantasies it was good fun. Being a writer has apparently been a tad heartbreaking for him, as he is no aware of how unfun it is for th ewriter to have his scripts changed by know it all actors :p

Kevin, well, i can understand the magnetism of him as a person, but he needs to get his story straight, saying that terrorists shouldn't be allowed to change our lives (in reference to an appearence by him at the Olympic games) and then immediately following it by an example of how he let it change his life was a bit, erm, contradictory, but hey.

There is going to be a massive 100th episode bash, but since the writers this season are almost perenially behind, he has no idea what's going ot be happening in it yet. 7 Episodes are complete, and he feels that trance is sadly underused in the opening 3rd of Season 5.

As a side note, all the exislers here are extremely cute, and smart. I'm tyring to figure out why we don't do these gatherings more often Maybe next time we pick a hotel with a hottub :devil:

ah well, onto day 2. toodles

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#34 Mercurys Winter

Mercurys Winter

Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:37 AM

Awww :hugs: CH  Sorry you got left out of the booklet :(  Looking at "the gang" page though it looks like Jipster and Shea went with members of the Harperchondriacs they have known since joining ExIsle.  They were never at SSBS

Maybe next time we pick a hotel with a hottub

Why wait?  HOTTUB PARTY!  *throws a few clones in the tub along with a rubber ducky and a snorkel* :devil:  

Gotta keep myself entertained while y'all are having so much fun :p~

Posted Image

#35 Cauda

Cauda

~~~~~~~~~~~>

• Islander
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:00 AM

One thing Cyberhippie forgot to mention was that he asked Steve Bacic
"Who would you most like to lick chocolate sauce from"  :p~
After a lot of laughter, Steve said Halle Berry! :love:

Anyway we've just finished the second GMW talk, so you'll hear about that later. In the meantime here is Gordon's magog joke:

A magog goes into a Castellian bank and asks for a loan of 40 thrones. The Castellian, Paddy Black, asks if he has any collateral. The magog has a search and comes up with a shrunken human head. So Paddy goes to the bank manager (a nightsider) and says,
"I have a magog who wants a loan of 40 thrones and all he has for collateral is this thing. What the hell is it"? So the nightsider says,
"It's a knick-nack, Paddy Black, give the magog a loan"!  :D  :D  :D

Coming later, some scripts, some cans of Sparky Cola and a pink Barbie.
An enigma, wrapped up in a riddle, with a tail in the middle.

#36 maryavatar

maryavatar

Peachy

• Islander
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 06:23 AM

Cyberhippie and clairseach got signed AtDD scripts!  Free!  They answered trivia questions about Andromeda.  I was too slow and hungover to take part, but I got a vicarious thrill :)

Can't really remember much else.  The hangover and vomit-free part of the convention have unfortunately come to an end for me.  Still... it wouldn't be a con if I didn't get drunk and make a tit of myself at least once.
"When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name.'"

#37 Mercurys Winter

Mercurys Winter

Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:15 AM

LOL I like that saying "make a tit of myself"  Gonna have to use that hehehe

*groan* at the magog joke.  Is that the standard fare of cons now?  heheheh heard it a few times at comic con from panelists....not the MAGOG one of course :hehe:

Sounds like a blast, keep the reports coming!

Posted Image

#38 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:50 AM

:D Thanks for the reports, ya'll.  Glad you're all enjoying yourselves. Although, I don't know how you wouldn't enjoy yourselves ... :D
Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

#39 LittleRedhead

LittleRedhead

Have a Sparky

• Islander
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:01 PM

Had a blast at the GMW second solo talk. GMW came in and tore off his shirt to reveal underneath the shirt that Jips made with the GMW/BMW logo. He must really like it. After the opening Magog joke :D GMW went on to answering questions. Jips got in her question from Jaimz. He seemed a bit stunned as the audience laughed. Then when Jips let on who her source was GMW told to quit listening to his brother. :D After the Q&A there GMW gave out signed scripts of Abridging the Devils Divide to those who were first to correctly answer a trivia question of his choosing. CH and Clairsearch each won a script. Then there was a fierce bidding war for three cans of Sparky Cola. Jips' friend Denise and I each won the bid for two of the Sparky cans. They are real Sparky Cola prop cans. :D  After Gordon's talk I headed to to see some more of London. More about that later.
John 3:16

Littleredhead's handle is definitely "Truth in Advertising". - Rov

#40 Rayhana

Rayhana
  • Islander
  • 961 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:03 PM

Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful time, glad to hear it.  Thanks so much for the reports back.  Any other S5 spoilers would be great, so feel free to share if you hear of any more!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)  Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!1

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users