GMW The Event

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#41 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:51 PM

Tal, Clairesearch and Maryavatar, it was great to meet you again, and keep up the single entendres.   :p
Sorry I did not catch up with you for coffee ( I kept wandering off to talk to peeps) and Clairesearch your skin was looking great after the steam room.

Cauda and CyberHippie, I looked for you but you had already retired to your room so I will have to take pictures next time.  Cauda, did you get the DVD autographed?  

I had to leave cos I just found out I had to be up at 4am to be at work at 6am   :angry: (damn my Bleeping boss) so I am just about to go to bed.  This weekend has been the best ever and it is all down to you guys, and maybe Steve :love:   :upside: Thud
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#42 Pip

Pip

Still a pervy hobbit fancier... all these years later

• Islander
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:49 PM

Cyberhippie, on Aug 15 2004, 02:59 AM, said:

....steve Bacic (Ba- shiek-shh).....
Okay.....

This is how Steve pronounces it?  Cause I've heard Ba-ckick, Ba-sick, and now Ba-shiek-shh.  :lol:
Dance as if no one were watching, sing as if no one were listening, and live every day as if it were your last.  --Irish Proverb

#43 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:13 PM

Wish I was there....

Glad you crew are having a great time though :)
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#44 taizu14

taizu14

Bacic Rhadical

• Islander
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:32 PM

Pip, on Aug 15 2004, 06:47 PM, said:

Cyberhippie, on Aug 15 2004, 02:59 AM, said:

....steve Bacic (Ba- shiek-shh).....
Okay.....

This is how Steve pronounces it?  Cause I've heard Ba-ckick, Ba-sick, and now Ba-shiek-shh.  :lol:
No, it isn't - it's pretty hard to write -

Ba - like bah
ch - like in chick
ch - like above

rhymes with itch.

#45 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:43 PM

:hehe: that's not how I heard it.

weird weekend

Exislers are cool
Harperchondriacs are quite mad
Tal showed me how to dance sitting down and headbang
Gordon is really small
Kevin is really big
Steve is truly mad
I didn't get the highest price in any auction, but i ended up winning scripts and sparkycola cans in raffles and trivia questions
Gordon dug the purple hair, and even began referring to me as 'the purpleness' for most of the convention
Kevin is charismatic as heck.
Steve is hilarious considering what a straight guy he plays.

amusing sidenote, Kevin wasn't all to pleased by the way they ended season 4 either.

:)

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#46 Pip

Pip

Still a pervy hobbit fancier... all these years later

• Islander
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:49 PM

Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to meet Steve himself and ask him.  

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Dance as if no one were watching, sing as if no one were listening, and live every day as if it were your last.  --Irish Proverb

#47 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:50 PM

And i'm sure he'll give you different answers depending on what time of day it is :p~

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#48 Cauda

Cauda

~~~~~~~~~~~>

• Islander
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:16 PM

I Just got back and I wanted to say I had a great time. So thanks to CH, Red, Jips, Curlykirsty, Sparkycola, Denise, Maryavatar, Taryn, clairseach, Themis and anyone else I forgot to mention for making it a special weekend. You guys rock! :hugs:
Oh, and apparently some guys called Kevin, Gordon and Steve were there as well.  ;)

Edited by Cauda, 15 August 2004 - 03:19 PM.

An enigma, wrapped up in a riddle, with a tail in the middle.

#49 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:25 PM

I just need to say, as fun as Comic-con was, the Uk exislers are far madder than the American ones are.

dont' smite me Lil :D

Defy Gravity!

#50 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:27 PM

^

You missed this year. Trust me, we were pretty mad. ;)
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#51 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:28 PM

you think any amount of Rov notes can match up to a dozen sarcastic brits?
:p~

yeah, probably

Defy Gravity!

#52 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:31 PM

^

I think so. And there were more of us. ;) Stick 20 or so mad people in a room and see what you get! :p

Plus, did any of your Brits have someone (me) undressing in a closet and throwing his dirty clothes at his unfortunate roommates? :p

#53 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:37 PM

Not that anyone mentioned it to me, but we did have leaking hairdye :p~

Edited by Cyberhippie, 15 August 2004 - 03:38 PM.

Defy Gravity!

#54 Cauda

Cauda

~~~~~~~~~~~>

• Islander
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:41 PM

Now now guys, let's not fight over who's madder than who.  :whistle:

You're both mad. Completely, totally insane in fact. :wacko:

Happy now?  :hehe:  :p  :ninjadeath:
An enigma, wrapped up in a riddle, with a tail in the middle.

#55 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:42 PM

Leaking hairdye? :o

That's pretty mad...

Yeah, and why ARE we arguing over this? That's kinda sad. :p

#56 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:43 PM

Chuckle, too true

i'm just chuffed that Gordon called me 'your purpleness' all weekend in honor of the hair

:D

Defy Gravity!

#57 AKAJipster

AKAJipster

GMWmb Admin

• Islander
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 04:27 PM

CH to hark back to your earlier disappointment about not being included in the Harperchondriacs guidebook {{{{{{{sorry}}}}}} did I mention that we only compiled that in about two days with me tearing my hair out in the process and we missed a LOT of Harperchondriacs as a result ;) but apologies just the same!  Besides, you have a genuine Sparky Cola can now.... and wouldn't let me nick it under sentence of death if I tried hehehe

Had a great time (what am I saying 'we're' still at the con, even if it has finished, theres a S4 Drom marathon happening right now in my hotel room with LRH, Denise, Sparky Cola, Rommies Voice and Harper 2.0!!!)  Everyone I met I absolutely enjoyed their company, we're a mad bunch and even madder is that I have only had two drinks all weekend! (sobre jips??!!)

The Tribble (MR Tribble) only died three times, but he's ok now.

What else can I say??  Today was a blast, the three guys panel was a mad, with GMW becoming a very good auctioneer, that guy can sure talk fast!  All the guests were great sports and I'm so glad GMW still spoke to me after I asked my question! <sigh>

I hope this is the start of many meet ups!

Rights... better go back to the room and make sure peeps aren't throwing tribbles (again)
Posted Image
Facebook | Woolvett bros

#58 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

Guys, when the euphoria wears off, can you confirm some stuff about the spoilers you heard.  I may be inferring too much from what you've reported.  Here's what seems to the the set-up for S5:

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

1.  Apparently the events of the season finale were not a dream, since Rommie is still blown up.

2.  I'm gathering that the Harper who gets stranded is our Harper, and not some AU version.  Thus, he survived his apparent devouring by the Magog.  I'm also assuming that everyone but Trance is the original and not an AU version.  But in that case, how did he and Rhade get separated?

3. Did you get any sense as to whether the gang will be in the original DROM universe or in an alternative one?  If in the original, what are the Abyss and the MWS up to?

Thanks if you can clarify any of this.

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#59 Gordon AI

Gordon AI

Worshipper Of The Naked Purple Goddess

• Islander
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 04:59 PM

Jips, what WAS the question, you gave my a hint but you never told me and I wanna know!!!!!!!!!!!
In life, all we can ask of ourselves is that we try, however, it is when we try and fail that we ask, why do we try.

Full Trancer - PURPLE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~>>
Access Gordon AI Online - Click the link below.

Posted Image

#60 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:03 PM

okay,

blame the Harperchondriacs

Title: Harperchondriacs
Original song: Animaniacs song
note: please forgive me, a weekend reconnecting with the Harperchondriac within has done terrible things to me.

----

Its time for Har-per-chon-dri-acs
We torture Harper to the max
We shoot him and we stab him
And we tie him down on racks
Were the Har-per-chon-dri-acs

We occasionally write fanfic, When we do, then were so bad
The stories come and go so fast, youd think it was a fad

They lock us in the ward, when we step out of line
But we break loose, cook Harpers goose
Sometimes it works out fine

Were Har-per-chon-dri-acs
We write fic and oh we yak
We relax and we kick back
While the thread goes way of track

Meet Harper and his brain
They want to rule the universe
Or maybe get the girl
Yeah they wanna do that first

Hell try every cheesy line
On any girl thats fine
Even if hes trapped
Or he gets slapped
As long as he has time

We want Gordon t re-contract
We love Harper to the max
Funky shirts to toolbelt slacks
Were Har-per-chon-dri
Totally funky
About that hunk-y
Har-per-chon-dri-acs
Those are the facts

Defy Gravity!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users