Election 2004 Republican Convention New York Anti-Bush Protestors

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Ogami

Ogami
  • Islander
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:30 AM

I would permit them to rally, and then have them all tasered.

I would bring popcorn and watch.

-Ogami

#22 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:29 AM

Jazzergold, on Aug 26 2004, 11:08 PM, said:

. . . I've heard interviews with a few of the people planning some of these protests.  When they were asked if they plan to obey the law and respect the police, they never would give a straight answer.  They seemed to imply a very thinly veiled threat of possible rioting.  The muggers may want to beware if the protestors try to take over Central Park. 
If you watched the 1971 Kerry testimony on C-SPAN last night, and then didn't change the channel, you got to see a meeting where the New York Civil Liberties Union (local branch of the ACLU) met with protesters to tell them what was and wasn't allowed. The head of the meeting said that the press would be "dismissed" after about a half-hour of the meeting, and I really wonder what was discussed after the cameras were off. But what I heard was interesting. The group seemed to be encouraging protesters to be uncooperative with the police. That's nice.  :suspect:

Edited by Drew, 27 August 2004 - 08:52 AM.

"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#23 StarDust

StarDust
  • Islander
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:33 AM

They have been told they cannot have it in Central Park because the city just spent millions of dollars repairing it, and the grass.  

They may have it elsewhere.  They have not been told they can't assemble, just not at that location.

It'll be the Diana Ross concert all over again, and they have a right to protect their investment, especially such a  recent one, especially given all the damage that NYC has had to take the last several years.

The protesters need to stop being such brats, but since most of them are anarchists, what would you expect.  "I'll do it my way with no regard to anyone else and if I damage things, oh well"

#24 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:30 PM

The real story here isn't the story itself, but the lying way it was reported by the Bash the Bluddy Colonials...

#25 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:01 PM

Here's an evil idea.

Charge them with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act. Hual in the NYACLU as co-conspirators . Then send them to Gitmo till after the elelction.

Look I have no problem these people wanting to protest. It's their right. but to want to endanger the lives of people,and that is what disrupting the security arrangements would do, is why such harsh action should be considered.

Otherwise what should  be done if by their actions a actual bomb gets inside and kills a bunch of the atendees?
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#26 ZipperInt

ZipperInt
  • Islander
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

Protesting peacefully is fine. Prostestors who put gun powder on themselves to confuse police dogs are criminals in my books, and should get the book thrown at them.  :wacko:
The second greatest podcast in the history of ever:
http://geeksonaplain.blogspot.com/

#27 Ro-Astarte

Ro-Astarte

goddess of love and blowing things up

• Islander
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:04 AM

G1223, on Aug 27 2004, 12:59 PM, said:

Here's an evil idea.

Charge them with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act. Hual in the NYACLU as co-conspirators . Then send them to Gitmo till after the elelction.

Look I have no problem these people wanting to protest. It's their right. but to want to endanger the lives of people,and that is what disrupting the security arrangements would do, is why such harsh action should be considered.

Otherwise what should  be done if by their actions a actual bomb gets inside and kills a bunch of the atendees?
Since when is protesting a defacto terrorist act?

Taking the Patriot Act a bit too much to heart, there, G.

Ro

#28 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:19 AM

I sincerely hope that it all hype and no act. Peaceful protest is one thing, and I have not a single problem with it. Turning it into riots or endangering the general public is something entirely different.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#29 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 01:08 AM

Ro-Astarte, on Aug 28 2004, 05:02 AM, said:

Since when is protesting a defacto terrorist act?

Taking the Patriot Act a bit too much to heart, there, G.

Ro
When the protestors make claims  of goign to try and disruprt gthe convention. Such as sprinkling Gunpowder on things to set the bomb sniffing dogs off. which means maybe a actual terrorist gets in with a bomb during a deliberate  disruption.

Now if as they also claim they wish to make a peaceful protest either fork over the money the city as rerquested and use Central Park or gather on the streets but understand disrupting the follow of traffic both of cars and people are grounds for arrest.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2004, Republican Convention, New York, Anti-Bush Protestors

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users