• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:15 PM

^^ Cool! I was worried what I said didn't make sense. And by the way Meepski, that new avatar is... both cool and a tiny bit unnerving, but mostly cool.

#22 Meepski

Meepski
  • Islander
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:42 PM

Thanks -- the avatar is from a magazine cover by legendary SF artist Frank Kelly Freas -- it was the September 1954 (50 years ago this month -- I just noticed that) issue of Astounding Science Fiction (now Analog) and illustrated the story "Martian, Go Home" by Fredric Brown.

I tell you this not because I have any reason to suspect that you would want to know it, but because I don't want to take credit for other's talent (unless, of course, I'm completely sure that I can get away with it).

BTW, I wasn't accusing anyone in this thread of simplistic slogan-swallowing in my previous post.  This thread has mostly been pretty thoughtful  -- I was making a general point.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great struggle. -- Philo of Alexandria

#23 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:38 AM

Meepski, on Sep 10 2004, 11:42 PM, said:

BTW, I wasn't accusing anyone in this thread of simplistic slogan-swallowing in my previous post.  This thread has mostly been pretty thoughtful  -- I was making a general point.
    Well, lets just say that when I wrote me post, and then read yours, the words that come out of my mouth were "Ooops."  So, yeah, I've swallowed some slogans. I don't think that it's all that possible not to swallow at least one or two during the election season (unless you become some hermit living away from society). The important thing is to realize that you've swallowed them before you vote. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Politics, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users