Election 2004 Machismo Bush Kerry

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 StarDust

StarDust
  • Islander
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 12:50 PM

Also, you are aware that absentee voting has already started in one state, I foget which one.  It was on the news Monday.

So there are people already voting.  Kerry may have run out of time to change enough people's minds.

#22 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 03:11 PM

Drew, on Sep 14 2004, 02:59 PM, said:

George W. Bush has it down: the "bring 'em on" macho sensibility, the public swagger, even the quick-draw High Noon cowboy stride. Call it the testosterone factor. It's one reason Bush has maintained a strong appeal to white men throughout his presidency, especially in the South and Southwest.

Can someone please explain this? George Bush doesn't come across as particularly "macho" to me. He comes across as a regular 'guy'. Are regular guys so rare these days that the appearance of one causes an eruption of negative stereotypes by the media? Are there no 'guys' where these journalists live?
He does have a bit of a cowboy walk. Call it the Texas Two Step. :hehe:
Can't Touch This!!

#23 Bouree57

Bouree57
  • Islander
  • 578 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:36 PM

StarDust, on Sep 15 2004, 12:50 PM, said:

Also, you are aware that absentee voting has already started in one state, I foget which one.  It was on the news Monday.

So there are people already voting.  Kerry may have run out of time to change enough people's minds.
My dad who is housebound voted yesterday. We live in Oklahoma.

-- B
My words but a whisper, your deafness a shout!
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
(from Thick as a Brick, Jethro Tull)

He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.
He's a lover of life but a player of pawns.
(from Bungle in the Jungle--War Child, JT)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election 2004, Machismo, Bush, Kerry

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users