• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:27 PM

Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5997147/

Those of you who know me, know already pretty much what I'm thinking, and the thoughts running through my mind regarding this POS. Suffice it to say, I'm glad the SOB is dead. Hopefully he's burning, in extreme agony, in the fires of Hell.  :angry:

Edited by LORD of the SWORD, 14 September 2004 - 03:57 PM.

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:49 PM

oh my :eek:

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#3 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:53 PM

Thank heavens the carseat was build so well!!!!!

#4 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:58 PM

I know this doesn't change much, but it's never stated in the article that he's the father of the child--just that it was his girlfriend's child.

Doesn't make it any better, though.

I'm just glad the baby survived and has no chance of being raised by that creep.

-Nick

Edited by Nick, 14 September 2004 - 01:58 PM.

#5 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:19 PM

"Throw" and "toss" are woefully overdramatized and exaggerated if the report I heard was accurate. In that version, he slowed down to a crawl, put the kid on the ground, then took off at much higher speeds than before when he'd had the baby with him.

#6 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:23 PM

Delvo, on Sep 14 2004, 02:19 PM, said:

"Throw" and "toss" are woefully overdramatized and exaggerated if the report I heard was accurate. In that version, he slowed down to a crawl, put the kid on the ground, then took off at much higher speeds than before when he'd had the baby with him.
My feeling regarding this are still running high, so I just want to clarify your position...

Are you saying that because this POS did not toss the baby out of the moving car at a high speed it's ok? I saw the video, I saw that POS toss the baby out...or if you think toss is too harsh a word...how bout dropped? Because that's what he did...

Sorry, rant over. I'll be back when I've calmed down.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#7 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:25 PM

yeah it makes for a much different view of the guy. Stupid to have run from the cops no argument but if as Delvo has said he slowed down to a crawl so he could set the kid down safely it shows he had compassion for the kid.

Not excusing the harm he placed the kid in to begin with but at least the kid is safe.

#8 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:28 PM

He could have pitched the kid out the window at say 90mph and  and the baby seat would have held the dead kid into the seat. from when the chair flipped end over end.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#9 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:32 PM

For those who say I'm being to harsh in my language of this POS's actions...this quote comes from the AOL news:

At one point, he slowed down, opened the car door and dropped the baby in the car seat onto the highway, sending it tumbling toward the middle of the roadway.

"As the baby was flying toward me I noticed that she was crying very hard and looked scared," Wisconsin State Patrol Sgt. David Catalano said Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show, which aired video of the incident.

"Fortunately she was seat-belted into the child seat so that as it slid forward on the highway and then rolled over she escaped without any injuries," he said.

Yep, I'm definately being too harsh with this POS...oh well, at least he's dead.

BTW. The report said it was the girlfriend's fiance...not sure if it was the baby's father. So, if a mod or admin could change the word "father" in the title, to that of "Man".

Edited by LORD of the SWORD, 14 September 2004 - 02:32 PM.

#10 StarDust

StarDust
  • Islander
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:39 PM

I'd heard about this on CNN this morning in the background.  They were going to show a clip, which I thought was a horrible idea.  

Just disgusting.

Of course tossing the baby out at any speed is beyond any justification in the universe. The guy obviously hoped the police would stop to rescue the baby and not continue chasing him.  He's a gutless wonder the world is better off without.

#11 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:40 PM

LotS you can go back and make the edit yourself. Go to the first posting and use edit and it should allow a title change as well.

Well that article changes the view again. It appears I was wrong to think he was trying to get the kid out of danger.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#12 Anastashia

Anastashia

Tyrant Matriarch and Pegan Too!

• Islander
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:13 PM

Thank good the baby wasn't hurt or worse killed. Whether or not the guy had made a decision to put the baby out for safety's sake it's still inexcuable the way he apparently chose to do it. The only safe way would have been to stop and surrender himself. Now he's dead which is a shame also, especially if it was over what appears to be a domestic dispute.

Ani
The Science Fiction Examiner

In the quiet of Midden a young child grows.
Does the salvation of his people grow with him?
"Everything we do now is for the child"

"I made a mistake,
just follow along,
isn't that what tyranny is all about?"
Sheila M---my Praise Band Director

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
Testify to Love

Posted Image

#13 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:11 PM

I can't say that I am sorry this man is dead.

I will say that I am very glad that the child is safe.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#14 Shaun

Shaun
  • Islander
  • 788 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:19 PM

Good grief, some people.

I'm glad the child is safe.
Shaun
Veni, vidi, vici

#15 GoldenCoal

GoldenCoal

Not Fool's Gold

• Islander
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:36 PM

What was his motivation? Less weight so he could drive faster, hoping the cops would stop pursuit to look after the baby? Any way I can look at this, it's just plain stupid and immoral. There is no excuse for doing something like that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wisconsin, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users