#61 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:39 AM

GoldenCoal, on Sep 17 2004, 06:14 PM, said:

Oops, a little side-tracked. Oh well, didn't hurt anything:

[Serious]
  This election is just too emotion-driven. I mean, we here at this board have been slinging awful stuff at each other here at the OT. Can we really be surprised that people have been tearing down signs and getting arrested for going into a rally as an opposition? We've been tearing at each others digital throats and then express surprise when this stuff happens. When we start to take these things personal, that's when little girls start crying and a woman gets arrested for tresspassing at an event that she had a ticket to.

These issues may be important to you, but they aren't you. In my experience, a little detachment goes a long way.
[/Serious]

So, who wants to be my grudge-mate?
^^^  I'm still on the sidelines waiting.  I'll take you on.  You don't look so tough, you big meanie. :lol:

[serious]Although I do agree with your keep your distance statement.[/serious]
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#62 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:47 AM

Things to NOT do with your three year old.

Take the child to a bar where you expect to be in a fight.

Take the Child out on a road trip when you feel a case of road rage comming on.

Any place you expect a possible violent encounter.

The guy did this even if this was his first time I would have no sympathy for this happening in front of his daughter Because he brought her there. IF it happened in a another reasonable public place I would feel sorry for him right now I am just glad the child was unhurt.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#63 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:56 AM

G1223, on Sep 17 2004, 09:47 PM, said:

Things to NOT do with your three year old.

Take the child to a bar where you expect to be in a fight.

Take the Child out on a road trip when you feel a case of road rage comming on.

Any place you expect a possible violent encounter.

The guy did this even if this was his first time I would have no sympathy for this happening in front of his daughter Because he brought her there. IF it happened in a another reasonable public place I would feel sorry for him right now I am just glad the child was unhurt.
Agreed 100%. Poor little girl, maybe child welfare should step in.

#64 Chakotay

Chakotay

For gosh sakes let me out of here!

• Islander
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 02:56 AM

Hmm. That's a great bit of publicity. Handy that the photographer was there to catch it.

Shame on the people for upsetting the girl,

shame on the father for putting her in that situation.
  No plan survives first contact with the enemy - military axiom.

#65 Gefiltefishmon

Gefiltefishmon

Oolong Caluphids Private Secretary

• Islander
  • 789 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 06:32 PM

Poor little girl, maybe child welfare should step in.

Especially since he knew - due to his well documented public history - that he would be facing violent reaction to his underhanded tactic - I think his kids should be taken away from him and he should be charged with Child Endangerment

SO LOW! A new Low for the dirty underhanded ones!!!!

Using Children as political shills for reverse-negative-publicity - Karl Rove would be proud enough to goose step around his office - and that so-called father should be ashamed!!!!
"To know that you do not know is the best. To act from the pretense that you know when you do not know is a disease" - Lao Tzu

"From All, One; and From One, All" - Heraclitus

"Let me be clear: however the world's goblet turns there will always be those drunk on the wine of the Self" - Ghalib

"A 'politically savvy challenge to evolution' is as self-evidently ridiculous as an agriculturally savvy challenge to euclidean geometry would be." - Charles Pierce

#66 Psyche

Psyche
  • Islander
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:33 PM

How come I never got a grudge mate? I've been a member for eight months! ;)

On a serious note, I don't think blame can be assigned to just one person/group here. The girl never should have been brought along, but it wasn't right for her sign to be ripped up, either.

People these days. *shakes head and sighes*

#67 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:07 AM

Drew, on Sep 17 2004, 08:44 AM, said:

I feel like LotS; I feel outrage coming on.
You feel like me?  :eek4:  What ever is the world coming too?  :p

Wait a sec....Are you saying I have issues of rage?  ;)  :p  (j/k)

As for the issue in question.... (you knew I was going to have to comment on it, didn't you?)

As for this guy bringing his 3 year old daughter, who looks so cute BTW, to a opposition rally...WTF was he thinking?  :angry:

I'm not trying to imply that children should NOT be allowed there, but come on...use common sense people. It's similar to that family taking their infant to the movie AVP...Or, more to the point,...going to a Yankee game waving a sign proclaiming "Go Braves! I mean, a pitcher threw a chair at a heckler and hit the heckler's wife, breaking her nose.

Point is: there are some things you just don't due....this is one of them. Is it right? Of course not.

Now, as to the issue of personal grudges.... *grins evilly as he sharpens his sword* Can I get in on this?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#68 Consubstantial

Consubstantial

Paradox by Incongruity

• Islander
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:23 PM

Knowingly placing one's child in a hostile and dangerous situation is reckless endangerment, right?

This kind of political prostitution of children ticks me off as bad as the religious prostitution of them.
From the start, our terms jump to conclusions--Kenneth Burke

#69 Borgs8472

Borgs8472
  • Islander
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:28 PM

I for one hope to lick the tears of republican's children when they lose in november. :D

#70 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:47 PM

Borgs8472, on Sep 22 2004, 01:28 PM, said:

I for one hope to lick the tears of republican's children when they lose in november. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are easier ways to get salt. ;)

#71 Borgs8472

Borgs8472
  • Islander
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:54 PM

:eek4:

#72 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:11 PM

Borgs8472, on Sep 22 2004, 04:28 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, if Kerry wins I'm seriously going to look into moving to a different country. Hell, Iraq would be safer then America will be if Flip-flop Kerry is the President.

Kerry as President: Week One. "There is still a reward out for Bin Laden"
                             Week Two: "There is no reward for Bin Laden."
                             Week Three: "Bin Laden has just been appointed as civil rights counselor for Afghanistan. And I've just reappointed Saddam as President of Iraq again."
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Politics-American

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users