Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Where Is That Great Peril Bush Talks About?

Iraq Bush

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:34 AM

Great peril?  Please, somebody show me how Saddam even has a chance of bringing great peril to us?  It's the terrorists we should now be hunting, not wasting the nation's money on a war that, while noble in its goal to liberate the Iraqis from Saddam (who I hate with a passion), will ultimately cause more problems for us here, despite the benefits to the Iraqi people when it comes to government.

I just don't understand anymore.  Go to North Korea, which ahs admitted it is a danger to us and flaunts its weapons.   We use diplomacy there, but not in Iraq anymore?  
There is always another way, and it is NOT with killing people.

Every death, Iraqi, US, Ally....is on Bush's hands.  I hope he's happy.  He's undermined what this nation built after the World Wars, and has not found the great justification for the terrible evil that is saddam hussein.  Show me the weapons, show me they can hurt me.  I have not been convinced.

Screw democracy.  It doesn't exist in this world.
"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?"

- Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#2 Blondie

Blondie

The Peroxide Jihad

• Dead account
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:42 AM

Chipper if you haven't figured it out by now, then there's no hope for ya, bud.

BTW, I could be wrong since I don't have a lot to go on, but I suspect there's an attempted coup going on in Baghdad right now.
The ditz FKA TrancesHuggyPillow

#3 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:45 AM

While I agree with you about North Korea, and trying to solve things with going to war. Saddam has shown to have no compassion for even his own people, so it's possible he might start using nuclear weapons on them, or Isreal, or irradiate(SP) the oil fields. Or worse still smuggle one into the US, and set one off in New York, Washington, LA, Chicago, you name it.

Much like with how WWI started, we the US have promised to protect countries like Quwait(SP), and Isreal.

And I wish Bush had shown us the proof, he says he has, about nuclear threat, but I'm used to being in the dark. :(
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#4 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:54 AM

THP...see, I understand it all and stuff....

my problem is that bush talks more and more about saddam being a personal threat to us.  he's got whatever he's got, but can you actually say he will manage to use it?

I wanted proof saddam was a nuclear threat.  I haven't really gotten it.  I want him gone, the Iraqis deserve a whole lot better, but I feel the war will only cause him to do more evil until he is finally gone (which is a goal i think is a good one)

I just don't want anymore deaths, and with diplomacy, we may have achieved that....but no one knows.  Because in the end, diplomacy wasn't working.  and war just sucks.

I hate it.  I hate that I'm so conflicted about it, because my family suffered under the communists and we all wanted them gone...and I want Saddam gone but without death.

And in the end, what happens afterward will make or break Bush. He better have a good plan in mind, or there will be hell to pay.
"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?"

#5 Blondie

Blondie

The Peroxide Jihad

• Dead account
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:57 AM

I think Mr. Hussein's got more fundemental problems right now than oppressing his fellow Iraqis.

#6 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:00 AM

True.  But in the last war, we saw how he massacred people...

I just don't know.  How it all plays out will be interesting....I just don't want bloodshed.  If there was ever another way, I wish they found it.

Now I'm jsut conflicted. :(
May it end fast.

#7 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:09 AM

Chipper..I am not sure about the nuclear threat, but I am certain of the biological and chemical threats that he presents.  They, too, are considered weapons of mass destruction by all civilized countries.

Diplomacy was not working...we tried it in various forms for 12 years...and Saddam did not respond...what make you think he would suddenly change?

I want war not at all but there comes a time when something must be done.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#8 Blondie

Blondie

The Peroxide Jihad

• Dead account
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:10 AM

Ok, not wanting to start any false hopes, but Mr. Hussein was just the personal target of a nasty attack.

#9 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:11 AM

In war there is blood death and distruction has been and like will be for a long time.

We have had proof and presented it to the UN about the technoly he has that can be used to make a biomb  he had been shown to have the meand to make over a 4,000 liters of nerve gas. this stuff is so dangerous that a drop is enough to kill a man and he has liters. He had been shown to have ariel drone which were stated has possibly having the means to spray the gas or bio agents over a a preset area.  

Now I prefer we get the gun out of the criminals hand rather than have a smoking gun. A smoking gun means a shot has been fired.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#10 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:19 PM

Chipper, on Mar 19 2003, 09:25 PM, said:

Please, somebody show me how Saddam even has a chance of bringing great peril to us?
Just read this.
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#11 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 10:11 PM

^
Meeep.  :blink:
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#12 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 11:06 PM

That is truly scary.  Thanks for pointing that out Drew.

Throughout the day, I've been talkign to many people....

In the end, for me, its just that I want saddam gone, I want a new leadership the Iraqis deserve....
the only part that pulls me back is that war is just an awful awful thing and no one should have to live through it.

its such a conflicitng thing for me.

#13 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 11:11 PM

Chipper, on Mar 20 2003, 01:57 PM, said:

That is truly scary.  Thanks for pointing that out Drew.
No, thank YOU for actually reading it.  :cool:
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#14 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 02:03 AM

it's compelling Drew, i'll give it that

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#15 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 04:42 AM

^^ I'm not that closed to other's opinions. ;)

Though my mother is a little angry that I changed my position a bit....considering that she thinks that there was always another way.  I just don't know what to think, in the end.  This war...it's not good...and there has to be another way, but with Saddam, we may never know.

I just don't want innocent deaths and everything to go out of control.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iraq, Bush

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users