• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Aurora335

Aurora335

not a force to be reckoned with

• Islander
  • 634 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 02:19 AM

Maybe there's a thread about this already, but I thought it would be a good idea to recognize any friends and family on active duty. There are 17 members of my college community, between our campus and the satellite campuses, currently on active duty. I know 2 of them through various activities and classes.

SPC Kevin Osborn, CBtry 1-194th FA, National Guard. Kevin was called up in August 2002, and last I heard, he was at Fort Knox.

Sergeant Jennifer Nielsen, National Guard. Jenny Jo was called up in February, and had to withdraw from classes one week into her last semester. Jenny Jo is a friend of mine, and I only found out today that she is in Kuwait.

Share the names of those you care about!

Aurora

#2 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 02:20 AM

Elwood James, he was stationed in Kuwait

i last heard from him three days ago

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#3 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 03:14 AM

My boss's son has been in and out of the Middle East ever since 9/11 - he works for General Tommy Franks.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#4 Peridot

Peridot

Elf Lynx

• Islander
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 03:19 AM

Aurora, see my "Prayers and Positive Thoughts" thread too.  It's not just for servicepeople, but includes them, if you'd like to list your friends there too.

Best of Luck to both of your friends...

Peridot

#5 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 06:11 AM

My best friend's brother in law went over in February. we know both him and his wife and girls... we don't know exactly where he is ... he's from Ft Hood.

'shana

#6 Ro-Astarte

Ro-Astarte

goddess of love and blowing things up

• Islander
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 05:49 PM

My brother's in Spain.

He's a doctor, so he'll be patching up any casualties.

I pray he has almost nothing to do.   :oh:

Ro

#7 usmarox

usmarox

Honi soit y mal y Kevlar

• Islander
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 06:12 PM

Aircrewman Rob Fowler; he's an RAF ordnance handler, so he's probably quite busy at the moment.

He's the only one I know of for certain; there could be others.

Just thought of three (maybe 4) more:

Private Chris Murray}  Both 1 Battalion Parachute Regiment
Private Doug Murray}

L/Cpl Duncan Maddocks 42 Commando

Possibly Private Chris Smilie, REME, but I can't remember which unit he's in, so I'm not sure  :dontgetit:

Edited by usmarox, 21 March 2003 - 10:31 PM.

Miscellaneous ramblings and utter negativity - my LJ

You are not free, whose liberty is won by other, more righteous souls.  You are merely protected.  You suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return.  Now, the time has come for you to pay for that freedom, and you will pay in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

Inquisitor Czevak, Address to the Council of Ryanti.  

And no less true for being fictional.

Two ears, one mouth.  Use them in that ratio.

#8 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 06:16 PM

My friend's brother, Commander Jeff Korsnes, U.S. Navy.  Currently assigned to a medical unit in either Iraq or Kuwait.
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

#9 Call Me Robin

Call Me Robin

red-haired and proud

• Islander
  • 970 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 11:11 PM

Here's another name: Brendan Dillon.  I have no idea where Brendan is now, but I hope he's OK.
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
--Aristotle

The fanatic is not really a stickler to principle. He embraces a cause not primarily because of its justness or holiness but because of his desperate need for something to hold onto.
--Eric Hoffer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iraq, Friends family, Military, Suport

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users