The corrupted wish game,

• Please log in to reply
19402 replies to this topic

#19341 Duke Jr

Duke Jr
  • Islander
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:44 PM

Granted! You You now zoom back into the past...the far,far,far past. Now (or was that then?) you spend your days trying not to get eaten by the Velociraptors, whom are just looking for a nice, fresh, tasteful morsel such as you. Good luck!

I wish I had a smart phone of my own.
Posted Image Come see the   Beka Writer's Community .  Readers and Writers welcome!!!  Posted Image

#19342 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

Granted. Unfortunately, it's a little too smart and takes over the world, leaving Humankind in the clutches of Robo Overlords.

I wish I knew then what I know now.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#19343 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

Granted, but knowing what you knew then now changes what you know now instead of what you knew then and now your thens and nows are confused with where whens and wheres.

I wish the Region 1 Doctor Who DVDs hadn't been discontinued so the prices would be cheap instead of $100 for some of them.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#19344 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:53 PM

Granted. Unfortunately, cheap Region 1 Doctor Who DVDs cause the independent retailer who sold his extras for outrageous prices to go out of business, so he has to get an honest job, which takes that job away from the person who should have had it and now they can't afford to get married and so they never have the daughter who grows up to invent FTL drive, which delays Humanity's exodus to the stars by two hundred years, preventing us from saving the entire Cephalopod Civilization on Gliese 898 B from extinction.

I wish I had an eidetic memory.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#19345 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

Granted, but you have the misfortune of watching all three Human Centipede films back to back (pun not intended) and are slowly driven insane by the images you can't forget.

I wish I had a million dollars. (An old cliche but still a good wish).
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#19346 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,822 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:29 PM

Granted. But when Zimbabwean dollars were demonetized in 2015, the final exchange rate was set to 35 quadrillion Z$ per US$ -- and they were being generous.

So where do I send your 2.857 trillionths of a cent? Or you could just sniff a US penny.

I wish I could grant all your wishes, uncorrupted.

#19347 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,357 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:38 PM

Granted, but to pay for that all your wishes are corrupted.

I wish to never be locked out of Ex isle again.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#19348 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,155 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:12 PM

View PostMary Rose, on 22 September 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Granted, but to pay for that all your wishes are corrupted.

I wish to never be locked out of Ex isle again.

:lol:  I just went through the same thing.  It's not as easy as one would think to get back in here is it:? :lol:

Granted, but to pay for that you loose your car keys, even the spare set(s).

I wish I had a telephone.  Mine broke. :(

Edited by M.E., 22 September 2018 - 04:12 PM.

#19349 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

Granted, but your new phone is haunted and only receives spooky calls from beyond the grave.

I wish I had my own streaming service and could resurrect any TV show I want.

#19350 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,357 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

Granted, but nobody else likes them so you are the only one watching them so not much money is made and the casts all quit.

I wish fizzy lifting drinks from Willy Wonka And the Chocolate Factory were real.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Posted Image

#19351 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

Granted but everyone who drinks them float off into space and die.

I wish they would make a new Friday the 13th movie for the upcoming anniversary year.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#19352 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,357 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:34 PM

Granted, they do, but it sucks.

I wish I could carve a pumpkin.
Posted Image

#19353 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:18 PM

Granted. But then it comes to life and goes on a killing spree.

I wish I could edit the source code of the universe.

#19354 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,155 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 16 October 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

Granted. But then it comes to life and goes on a killing spree.

I wish I could edit the source code of the universe.

That's such a good one I don't want to corrupt it. :lol:

Granted but as you start to edit the code it changes time and space and as a result you miss a digit and kill half the population of the universe.  Can you say, Thanos? :D

I wish I didn't have allergies.

#19355 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Granted, but that means your immune system is underperforming instead of overperforming, so you die from a bout of the common cold.

I wish I could learn how to meditate.

View PostM.E., on 16 October 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

That's such a good one I don't want to corrupt it. :lol:  
Thank you.  :lol:

Granted but as you start to edit the code it changes time and space and as a result you miss a digit and kill half the population of the universe.  
Actually, I wrote a story somewhat vaguely similar to that.  Except it was more than one and more than half.  Maybe.

#19356 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,357 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

Granted, you do but you bore yourself to death for lack of exercise.

I wish i was a genius.
Posted Image

#19357 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

Granted, you are a genius at distinguishing between different kinds of rat poop and identifying what breed of rat you are dealing with.

I wish it was Christmas already.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#19358 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,357 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:37 PM

Granted, but you get no presents.

I wish all my fanfiction would get hundreds of reviews.
Posted Image

#19359 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Granted, but all the reviews are by Russian trolls seeking to divide fandom.

I wish that on New Year's Day, the world wakes up to find that everybody has turned into a Muppet.

#19360 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

• 22,357 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:22 PM

Granted, but they are all evil Muppets who start a nuclear war that destroys the world.

I wish to get updates to all the fanfictions I am waiting on updates for.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users