1 reply to this topic

#1 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:12 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/st...akes041024.html

I don't think we have any posters in Japan, but I hope the Japanese in that region get through this w/ the least lives lost as possible.  :pout:
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#2 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:27 PM

I remember earthquakes in Japan, and when I got back to US east coast they had never in their lives felt one!
:alien:
but in Japan, we had a large one in the sea that rather shook the east coast (Jpn EC, like Yokohama), only cracked masonry in terms of damage; but we did have rather many tremors and aftershocks, at least every two months, the biz buildings swayed and shook, awholelotta shakin going on - hey! Pacific Rim and all that!  :cool:

I lived in the Yokohama part of Yokosuka base property, right by that famous Yokohama race track that had been built in the 19__ teens to mirror British style horse racing (which they still have in a big way in Tokyo), this track had been devastated in the huge 1923 quake and I read all about that quake, and this track had the ground overgrown and the base used the still blackened grandstands as a special services building including the basement bowling alley where I practiced.
Ah memories, those crazy hazy high school days in DOD navy high school  :alien:

yeah, that country 'rocks' and it ain't just RockNRoll neither! ha
:ninja:
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Natural Disasters, Japan, Earthquake, 2004

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users