Earth View

#2 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 08:50 AM

Neat! :) :)
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#3 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 02:21 PM

Absolutely Awesome..Thanks for the link!
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#4 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 02:43 PM

beautifull isn't it

we have that as an office screensaver.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#5 Lina

Lina

This too shall pass

• Islander
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 03:38 PM

Awesome pictures!Thanks for posting the link.

Lina

Edited by Lina, 25 March 2003 - 03:40 PM.

#6 Palin

Palin

3 Lover

• Islander
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 07:24 PM

Absolutely awesome!  I love this kind of thing, so thank you very much for the link. :)

#7 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 08:48 PM

Wow thank you - what a great site, I zoomed in and clicked and ...just wow :) :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#8 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 01:45 AM

It's only a model! Just kidding - terrific link!

#9 JadziaDax

JadziaDax

E.I.'s resident insomniac

• Islander
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 10:04 AM

paraphrasing my post from a similar picture posted in The Beach....

There is no such thing as a cloudless day over a scale that large.

The fact that the greyline is so clear would indicate a geosynchronus orbit of a high orbit satalite. Therefore it could not map the whole earth at one time.

Also since there is the greyline in this picture. It is impossible to see both night and day at the same time, since day would make night completely black, or night visible would make day completely white.

So it has to be a composite picture. Of possibly hundrerds of pictures.

But it's still very pretty.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users